All Eight Guardians

Roman Knight

Karri's POV

Sky cleared his throat and both guys who stopped us at the gate gave him their attention. "We request an audience with the king in hopes he will grant us our wish of transforming our wolf companion back into his human form." Sky explained.

The guy with black hair grunted, "People get changed into animals all the time. What makes you think you're special enough to be able to use the gifts of our king's trusted magician?" he questioned as he crossed his arms and glared at us.

What the hell?

'People get changed into animals all the time.'

Where the freak are we?

Because last time I checked there weren't any cases of people being turned into animals.

Anywhere.

Ever.

I sighed, "If it makes any difference he was wearing clothes like ours before he was transformed into a wolf."

"Why the hell would that make a difference?!" Annabelle questioned, obviously not having heard what the two said earlier.

The white haired guy whispered something to the black haired guy who muttered something back, neither of which I managed to catch.

"Alright, we will prepare an audience with the king for you." the black haired guy said.

"We will escort you to see the king." the white haired guy said.

"That won't be necessary." Sky said as he walked past them.

Annabelle ran past me, shoulder-checking me on the way, as she ran to catch up with Sky.

I sighed as I began to follow after Sky and Annabelle with Nick trotting at my side.

I gasped as I noticed the two guards fall into step on either side of us, "You guys scared me." I said after a moment.

"Sorry." the white haired one said as we continued to walk.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Moose and John following behind us and looking rather bored.

"So what's the wolf's name?" the black haired one asked.

"His name is Nick." I answered.

"And what's your name?" the other one asked.

"I'm Karri." I replied.

They both nodded and didn't say anything more.

"Y'know, the polite thing to do after asking someone their name is to give your own." I said, a bit annoyed.

"Oh, sorry about that," the white haired guy said, "I'm Knight and he's Roman."

I smiled, "It's very nice to meet you, Knight and Roman."

"The pleasure is all mine." Knight said as Roman smiled cheesily.

We arrived in front of what seemed to be a big palace, huge in fact.

We paused in the courtyard while Knight and Roman walked ahead of us, "Please excuse us while we request for your audience with the king." Knight said kindly before he and Roman continued inside.

"How long is this going to take?!" Annabelle whined as she stomped around the courtyard.

Sky sighed as he walked up to Nick and I, "That one is insufferable. How have you managed to put us with her for so long?" he questioned.

I giggled before replying, "I really don't know."