All Eight Guardians

Omega Residents

Karri's POV

"So how long will it be before we can have an audience with the King?" I asked Sky. We had already been standing around the courtyard for fifteen minutes and Roman and Knight hadn't returned yet.

Sky shrugged his shoulders and his wings fluttered also, "Honestly, I don't know. It could be a few hours or it could be a few days."

"A few days?!" I nearly shouted, causing Moose, John, Annabelle, and a couple of palace guards to turn and look at us. I lowered my voice before I continued, "But we don't have a few days nor do we have anywhere to stay!"

Sky sighed as he glanced down at me, "Well I guess if your audience with the King takes a few days to be full filled then you and your friends could stay at my home." he offered.

I looked up at Sky and smiled, "Oh, do you live around here?" I questioned.

Sky nodded, "Yes. This kingdom is my home." he answered.

"Is that why you brought us to Omega?" I asked.

"No, it wasn't. Omega was actually the kingdom closest to where I found you and your group of friends." Sky explained.

"Oh." I said quietly.

I looked up just in time to see Roman and Knight walk out of the throne room and straight up to Sky, Nick, and I.

"So we met with the King and explained your situation to him." Knight started.

"He wants an audience with all of you immediately." Roman interrupted.

"Really?" Moose questioned as he stomped over to us with John and Annabelle in tow, "Because I was getting bored as hell waiting for him."

Roman growled at Moose and stepped up to him, challenging him, but what he didn't know was Moose never backed down from any kind of challenge.

"You got something to say, punk?" Roman questioned as he flexed his muscles and winked in my direction.

Ugh.

"Yeah, I can think of a few words." Moose replied rudely. His gaze followed in the direction of Roman's wink and he rolled his eyes.

Both boys, seeming to be full of hatred toward each other, stared at the other for the longest time. They seemed to be waiting for the other to make the first move. The air around us was tense and I could tell no one else was going to put a stop to these two.

I decided at that moment it was up to me to put an end to this. I pushed myself in between Moose and Roman, put a hand on each of their chests and pushed them both back a few steps. "Hey, this isn't the time to get up in each other's faces." I said calmly.

Moose grabbed my wrist and ripped it off of his chest before he yanked me away from in between him and Roman. I gasped as I could feel myself falling and I knew I couldn't stop myself.

Being the ground was rapidly approaching, I was more than surprised when someone wrapped their strong arms around my waist and saved me from hitting the ground. When I looked up to see who my savior was I smiled to see Knight still hanging onto me.

"Thank you." I whispered to him.

"No problem." Knight answered just as quietly as he set me upright.

I looked up at Moose and Roman to notice one thing very quickly and that was Roman looked pissed.

"Don't you know anything?!" Roman growled, "You don't ever push, shove, or hit a girl! Especially one who is trying to save your life!"

"Save my life?!" Moose questioned.

"Yeah, because I'm going to kick your a-" Roman started, but I interrupted him.

"Okay! Didn't you two say we have an immediate audience with the King?" I questioned, "We shouldn't keep him waiting." I said, trying to break up the fight once again.

Knight nodded as he agreed with me, "She's right. We should go meet with the King."

Roman groaned in frustration before he turned away from Moose and began to walk in the direction of the throne room. "Follow me." he growled.

I sighed as I looked at Moose, "Please try to behave yourself." I said.

"No promises." Moose said as he glared holes into Roman's back.

"Whatever." I sighed as I followed Roman and Knight with Nick trailing behind me. I glanced over my shoulder to see Annabelle, John, and Moose following sluggishly behind us.

Sky came up beside me as we walked, "Whatever you do, don't stare at the King. He's a bit of an oddball."