All Eight Guardians

King's Throne Room

Karri's POV

We walked into the throne room to meet the King and I realized Sky was right. The King of Omega was a bit of an oddball.

He wore a stitched up white coat, gray pants, and a gray pair of loafers. He looked more like a doctor or scientist from our own universe rather than a king. His hair was salt and pepper colored and he wore big, round glasses.

The King sat in a giant, golden throne at the other end of the huge and otherwise empty room. He sat, slouched back with his legs hanging over one of the arm rests, bringing out a childlike characteristic in himself. In all, he looked rather bored.

Roman and Knight led us forward to a point before they turned to face us. I glanced at Sky to see if he was going to talk to the King, but he didn't speak up. I turned back to Annabelle, Moose, and John, but they were all keeping their traps shut and looking at me expectantly and I knew Nick was not going to speak up to the King. So I guess it was up to me.

I took a deep breath and looked up at the King, trying not to stare, "Uhh... your Majesty? We were wondering if you would grant us the use of your magician so we can change Nick back to his human form." I said as I gestured to our wolf companion.

The King gave me one hard stare before his eyes slid over to Nick and then back at Annabelle, John, and Moose, remaining quiet the whole time.

Several thoughts began to run through my head.

He's not going to grant us our wish.

He's going to say no and then run us out of town.

Or worse, he's going to imprison us for even asking.

The King straightened up in his throne before a slow smile spread across his face. "I will grant you your wish." he said.

A smile couldn't help but spread it's way across my lips.

"But..." the King continued and mu smile dropped, "At the moment my magician is on a mission in the kingdom of Oblivion which is very far away from here. Until he returns will the five of you help me fulfill a long awaited prophecy?" he questioned.

"What kind of prophecy?" Moose questioned as he shoved past me and took the lead.

The King stood up from his throne, "Follow me." he said as he led the way to another room connected to the throne room.

This new room was an elaborate maps room. There were maps painted on the walls and even on the ceiling in one big collage and in the center of the room looked like a one-one hundredth scale map.

"For centuries we have relied on the dawning of a prophecy of five kids dressed in strange clothing and they will help the Kingdom of Omega find the Prince's Eight Guardians." the King explained.

I noticed everyone had found a spot to stand and listen to the King surrounding the scale map and it kind of surprised me Nick was not standing at my side but next to Sky and instead Knight and Roman were standing on either side of me.

"This maps room will make your search easier as it's enchanted." the King continued, "Whether the destination be on the walls or even the ceiling it will light up and tell you where you will have to travel to find the guardian and even what their name is."

Moose shook his head, not amused with what the King was asking of us, "No, this is stupid. We shouldn't have to go look for your Prince's eight guardians. If he wants them so badly, he should go find them himself. All we want is to change Nick back and get out of this weird world, not go on a quest too!"

The King sighed, "I would send my son with you, but he's weak and he needs all the rest he can get."

"Is he hott?" Annabelle piped up quickly.

"What?" the King, Moose, and Roman all questioned, confused.

I, on the other hand, was having trouble hiding my smirk. Although Annabelle's non-stop hitting on guys was annoying as hell, sometimes she had the worst timing ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I should point out the reason the five are 'dressed in strange clothing' is because they are all wearing a school uniform so they all match clothes. I know I don't mention it in my story and I thought it was something some people would want to know so they weren't entirely confused. Sorry about that.

To the readers of my story, thanks for reading! This is still one of my favorite stories to work on!