Battle of the Bands

fifty-three

-Julie's Point Of View-

I'll admit it.

I was kind of scared.

Ryder had ran off to his Jeep and even though he said he was going to come back I knew he wouldn't.

Melissa wouldn't ditch me on purpose, but a flying glass bottle separated us and now she is no where in sight.

I hope she's okay and that nothing bad has happened to her.

I tried to stay calm and I tried to look tough so the people who looked drunk and were wandering around nearby would leave me alone.

But of course, some guy noticed me and staggered toward me. He slightly tripped, nearly falling, and I would have laughed but he just looked so creepy.

"Hey baby, who you waiting for?" he questioned as he breathed his gross alcohol breath on me.

"Not for you." I answered, shutting him down.

He smiled, chuckled, and glanced down toward the ground as if he was thinking about what he was going to say next.

"C'mon baby, let's go back to my place for a really good time." he said as he eyed me up and down.

"No and eww. Get lost, dude." I said as I tried to shove past him, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Listen, you are going to come with me and we are going to have a lot of fun." he sneered.

"Let go." I said calmly.

"You're right, let's go." he said as he began to pull me toward his car.

"That's not what I said!" I shouted.

Someone dressed in all black ran up and punched the guy in the face - hard - and he crumpled down to the ground, "She said let go!" they shouted.

"Gerard?" I questioned.

What?

This person sounded exactly like Gerard.

He was towering over the drunk guy, so he didn't hear me.

Another person placed their hand on my shoulder and I screamed.

"No, no, no. Julie calm down. It's just me." someone said as they stepped into my line of vision. He was wearing a black hoodie and dark sunglasses.

"B-Bill?" I asked.

He smiled, "The one and only." he answered, "C'mon, let's get out of here."

Bill took my hand in his and called out to Gerard before he began to lead me back toward the backstage entrance with the guy who punched the drunk following close behind us.

Ha!

I knew he sounded like Gerard.