Battle of the Bands

fifty-six

-Julie's Point Of View-

Tonight was turning out to be wild.

After I finished singing I sat back down in my seat while Frank pulled up Melissa so they could sing The Only Exception together.

It was totally cute.

After the 'couple' sang, different people from different bands got together and sang seriously insane songs in completely random ways.

It was tons of fun.

I tapped the person next to me which happened to be Patrick Stump, "So is it always this crazy after every concert?" I asked.

Patrick smiled, "We usually do something after the shows, but tonight is a special occasion. You see, Linkin Park, The All American Rejects, and I Set My Friends On Fire are going to Oregon for their next show while the rest of us are going to Vegas."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "But what about the big 'Eight Band Tour' thing? Can't really advertise eight bands when there's only five."

Ray Toro leaned toward us and smiled, "Three new bands will show up tomorrow before we head to Vegas."

"Oh, I see." I said quietly, "But I have another question, why trade bands in the first place?"

"It's not really a surprise performer tour if everyone knows who the bands are. If we keep switching up bands no one will ever know for sure who will preform that night." Patrick explained.

"Okay, I get it now." I said as I nodded and smiled.

About forty minutes later the three bands began to go around to everyone else and say their goodbyes. Once they got around to where I was I was crushed in dozens of hugs.

I was hugging them like I was never going to see them again while they were hugging me like they were merely just going around the corner to a mini market to pick up some milk and eggs.

I had to step back for a minute.

I had to remember these bands weren't like my lifelong friends. All I had done was won a few backstage passes. Maybe going out to dinner was just apart of the winning package.

They were never going to see Melissa or I again and they knew it which is why they were giving us meaningless hugs.

That's when I made up my mind. It was time for Melissa and I to take off too.

I looked up at Melissa, asking her if she was ready to go with my eyes which she nodded to. Apparently she was starting to feel the same way I was.

I took out my cell and began to call a cab company to take us home. I had finally managed to get through the line to talk to someone to get a cab to us when someone took my phone away from me and ended the call.

I looked up to see Pierre Bovier holding my phone, "Who are you calling?" he asked as he smiled.

"I'm calling a cab company to take Melissa and I home." I answered as I tried to snatch back my cellular.

"What?! Nooo!" Pierre yelled, bringing the attention of the entire pizzeria to us, "You guys can't leave!" he whined.

The next thing I knew, Melissa and I were practically bum rushed by the bands.

"What? You're leaving?" Frank questioned.

"Yeah, we are. It's late." I answered before I took my phone back from Pierre.

I was in the middle of re-dialing the number when someone else grabbed my phone.

I looked up to see Caleb's hand this time.

"You can't leave." Caleb said quickly.

"Why not?" I asked.

"We wouldn't feel right knowing you went home so late." Jonathan said.

"Well then what are we supposed to do?" I questioned.

"Stay with us!" Kyle nearly shouted.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "Why?"

"Because it would be rude of us if we just made you leave." Marc piped up.

"Okay. . .But where are we supposed to stay?" I asked.

"You can stay with us on our bus!" Kyle nearly shouted again.

"And Melissa can stay with us." Frank said to Melissa who nodded as a reply.

I smiled, "So it's settled. We'll stay the night." I said before I took my phone back from Caleb and pocketed it.