Battle of the Bands

fifty-seven

-Julie's Point Of View-

We were riding back to the tour buses, that were still parked back at the venue. We rode in huge silver vans, I mean like super big vans that could seat fourteen each.

I was squished in a van with Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, and half of Forever The Sickest Kids.

Yeah.

There wasn't really any thought to who was going in which van.

Everyone just basically bum rushed the vans and sat wherever.

Which explains how Frank and Melissa ended up in different vans.

It's strange.

Melissa and I have only known the bands for one night and yet the bands are already calling Melissa and Frank a couple.

"So Julie, " Pete began, pulling me out of my thoughts, "Whatever happened to Ryder?"

My eyes widened, "Oh shit!. . .He made a mad dash for his jeep during all the chaos when we got kicked out. I'd better call him to make sure he got home alright."

I whipped out my phone and speed dialed Ryder's number and on the third ring he picked up.

"Hey Julie, you on your way home?"

"Uhm, no. . .Actually Melissa and I are staying over at a friend's house." I answered.

What?

My brother would have flipped if he found out I was actually spending the night with a band.

I'm just trying to keep his sanity in tact.

"Okay, cool. So you'll be back sometime tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah. . .something like that." I said slowly.

"Alright, see you later then."

"Bye Ryder." I said as I hung up the phone and took a deep breath in relief and turned back to Pete, "He made it home alright."

-Ryder's Point Of View-

I hung up the phone with Julie and sighed.

I had managed to keep the conversation with Julie short because I didn't want her to know how much trouble I had getting back to my jeep or what our fellow classmates did to our house and front yard.

Trying to get to my jeep was like running through a war zone.

When I finally managed to get home I was shocked.

The trees and house had been toilet papered.

The garage door, front door, and most of the windows had been spray painted and egged.

And there was a bag of dog poo on the front porch.

Great.

I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow - cleaning up before Mom and Dad get home from their business trip.

But for now, I just flopped down on the couch, too tired to even go up to my room.