Battle of the Bands

fifty-eight

-Julie's Point Of View-

The vans arrived back to the venue and all the bands piled out of the vans and boarded their buses.

I quickly found Melissa before she disappeared onto My Chem's bus. "So I called Ryder and told him we are staying over at a friend's house for the night."

Melissa nodded, "Okay."

I added, "I'll come get you in the morning so we can go home."

Melissa nodded again, "Sounds good."

I smiled, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

Melissa responded by sticking her tongue out at me before she climbed up onto MCR's bus.

I was about to go find the bus I had been invited to stay on when I heard someone shout, "There you are!"

I felt myself being picked up and thrown over someone's shoulder. I screamed even though I recognized the voice.

"Jonathan! Put me down!" I nearly screeched.

"But we're not there yet!" Jonathan pouted.

"I can walk on my own!" I tried to reason.

"But you might get lost!" he whined.

I groaned and sighed, deciding to just let Jonathan carry me to his band's bus.

I felt myself being bounced as Jonathan ran up the stairs on the bus and flopped me down on a big brown plush leather couch.

I looked up to see Jonathan, Caleb, and Austin staring down at me with wide smiles on their faces.

"Where's Kyle, Marc, and Kent?" I questioned.

"Marc and Kent hit the sack early." Austin told me.

"Where's Kyle?" I repeated.

"He's-" Caleb started.

"CANNON BAAALLLLLLL!!!!" I heard Kyle's voice echo from the other end of the bus followed by rapid footsteps.

My eyes widened as I realized what was coming next.

"No, no, no, Kyle, no! Kyle halt! Kyle stop!" I shouted before I closed my eyes tight and braced myself for what I knew was coming being Kyle was basically airborne by now.

"Oomf!" I muttered as Kyle's weight crashed down on top of me.

I could hear Caleb, Jonathan, Austin, and Kyle laughing like hyenas and I smirked.

Now it was time for my revenge.

I began to tickle Kyle like there was no tomorrow.

His laughter quickly faded.

"Ha haha hahaha haha haha! H-hey! That's not f-f-fair!" he shouted, "St-stop tickling me!" he turned to his friends, begging for them to help him, but they only held him down.

"I c-can't breathe!" Kyle shouted.

I decided to let him go - but just this once.

After Kyle got up, I spotted my next form of attack and smiled at a conveniently placed throw pillow which I used to wail on the guys.

They were taking the beating like chumps, all four of them were down on the floor curled up in the fetal position.

I finished and stood triumphantly. I glanced down at the guys at my feet, "So what do you say?" I asked.

"I'm sorry I cannon balled on you." Kyle said quietly as he stood to his feet.

Austin, Caleb, and Jonathan stood up behind him.

Jonathan glanced at Caleb who's hair was sticking up in a bed head sort of way and he began laughing.

Caleb glanced past Jonathan and began to laugh uncontrollably. Jonathan quirked an eyebrow up and to see Austin's hair was sticking up even more and he began to laugh too.

I heard a groan from the back of the bus and took a side step, knowing what was about to happen.

At that moment, a pillow came flying from the bunk area of the bus and smacked Kyle straight in the face and when the guys realized it should have hit me in the back of the head they were more than stunned to say the least.

"How'd you know to move?" Caleb questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Well I do have an older brother." I said just before I yawned.

"Aah, that would explain it." Austin said as he nodded.

Jonathan nodded too, "Hey, y'know it's getting kind of late and tomorrow's kind of a big day. Maybe we should be getting to bed." he said before he walked back to the bunks with Caleb and Austin following behind him.

For a moment, Kyle and I stood there kind of awkwardly before he spoke up, "So, uhh, I guess you can have my bunk."

I shook my head, "No, that's alright. I'm going to rock the couch."

"You sure?" Kyle questioned.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I said as I smiled.

Kyle smiled back before he leaned down and lightly pecked me on the cheek.

"Goodnight." I whispered quietly, not knowing what else to say.

"Night." Kyle replied before he retreated toward the back of the bus.

I sighed before I flopped down on the couch, falling asleep quickly.

What?

It was past 3am.