Battle of the Bands

fifty-nine

-Julie's Point Of View-

I rolled over to have the sun shining in my eyes.

What the hell?

The sun doesn't shine in my room in the morning.

So I repeat. . .what the hell?

I sat up and quickly got my bearings.

I remembered I was still at the venue on Forever The Sickest Kid's bus.

What time is it?

I whipped out my cell phone and read the clock. 7:25am.

That's it?

I stood up, yawned, and stretched. After that, I folded up the blanket I had used and set it down on the couch.

I knew it was time for me to go find Melissa and get us home. I didn't want us to overstay our welcome.

I sighed as I glanced back at the bunk area of the bus, "Bye guys. It was a lot of fun." I whispered before I left the band's bus.

I walked past several band's buses before I found My Chem's bus.

I silently got onto their bus, but didn't find Melissa on the couch. In fact, no one was on the couch.

Instead, I found her sleeping on the same bunk as Frank.

Okay. . .

This may be more difficult than I thought it was going to be.

"Melissa." I whispered.

Nothing.

"Melissa!" I whispered again as I poked my friend in the forehead.

Still nothing.

"Melissa!" I whisper/shouted.

"Muh nom ih nuh." Melissa mumbled as she opened her eyes and yawned, "Oh hey Julie, whatcha doing here?" she questioned.

I quickly shushed her, "It's time to go home. Climb out of that bunk so we can leave." I said silently.

"Climb out?" Melissa questioned.

I nodded.

"I uh - uhh how?" she asked.

"Just climb out." I dead panned.

Melissa groaned, "Fine." She began to climb out, but she had a bit of an obstacle in her way. Frank.

"Careful, be careful!" I tried to coach.

Melissa somehow managed to turn herself around in the bunk and she swung out her legs she accidentally kicked Frank in the head.

"Oh my God!" I choked out as I tried not to burst into laughter.

Luckily Frank didn't wake up.

"Sorry Frankie!" Melissa apologized as she kissed his forehead.

"C'mon, we. . .gotta go." I said quietly.

"Right." Melissa said as she nodded. She made her way to the front of the bus and kicked an empty beer can as she went.

I whined as the sound echoed throughout the bus.

Melissa turned around slowly and mumbled, "Sorry."

I sighed, but nodded, "It's fine. Let's go." I said as I pushed her toward the door.

Just as we were about to leave. . .

"Hey, where are you two going?" someone asked.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Ray. He was wearing a black tee shirt, plaid red pajama bottoms, and his hair was sticking out in every direction.

"Ohh, uhh, we're just going back home. Can you do us a favor? Say goodbye to everyone and thank them for such an awesome night." I said quietly.

Melissa smiled and waved to Ray before she stepped off the bus.

"Bye Ray." I said quietly before I followed Melissa off the bus and closed the door.

Together Melissa and I walked toward the front parking lot entrance of the stadium. As we walked, Melissa pulled out her cell phone and called a taxi service so they could pick us up and take us home.