Battle of the Bands

seventy-one

-Julie's Point Of View-

So now I was standing inside my own fairly nice hotel room located in the Luxor pyramid. As an added, yet weird, bonus dubbed clipboard guy brought to my door a suitcase that was stuffed full with everything I had pointed out and said I liked back when we were at Hot Topic.

I unzipped the bag and gaped at everything inside. "Wow...I don't believe it. It's all here. This must have cost a fortune!" I whisper-yelled. Tucked in the corner of the suitcase was a toiletries bag with everything from shampoo, conditioner, and soap to a hairbrush and hair accessories. It even had temporary hair dyes; like they knew me oh so well. It was simply amazing.

I heard a knock on and went to answer the door. When I opened it I saw Tom standing on the other side. "Hey, you ready to go?" he questioned.

"Go where?" I asked back.

"Everyone's going to the Excalibur for dinner being it's the first place that agreed to shut down one of their restaurants to the public so all the bands can eat in peace." Tom answered.

"Oh awesome." I said as I smiled, "Just let me take a moment to get ready first. You can come in and wait if you'd like." I added as I held the door open wider for Tom to enter, which he did. He walked over to the king sized bed and sat down on it.

I took the toiletries bag out of the suitcase and walked into the huge bathroom. There I used the hairbrush to brush the knots out of my hair, I used the toothbrush and toothpaste to make my breath smell minty fresh, and lastly I used my own make-up and made a few touch-ups.

Once I was sure I was presentable, I walked back out to Tom and asked, "How do I look?"

Tom smiled at me, "You look great. Are you ready?" he asked as he stood to his feet.

I slung my handbag strap over my shoulder and nodded, "Yup, let's go!" I said with a smile.

Tom and I left my hotel room and went down the elevator to the Luxor lobby where all the other bands were already gathered and waiting for us.

Once we emerged from the elevator, Bill saw us and smiled. "There you two are!" he said happily and also alerted our presence to the others as well. "You look great." he added as he took in my appearance.

I couldn't help but blush as I whispered a "Thanks." and glanced down to the ground. "Are we ready to go?" I asked as I looked back up.

"Yes! Let's go!" Kyle Burns said in a hyperactive sort of way as he bounced up and down before he ran up to me, swung his arm around my waist, and we began to lead the way to the Excalibur.

I raised an eyebrow at Kyle as we walked to the connecting casino, "What's got you so hyper?" I questioned.

"I'm just bored." Kyle replied.

"Why are you bored?" I asked.

"Because I'm rooming with Caleb and all he wanted to do was take a nap." Kyle pouted.

"Awh, poor you." I sympathized with him before I reached up and ruffled his hair.