Battle of the Bands

eight

Pete and Patrick rushed me into the green room like a S.W.A.T. team.

Once the three of us piled into the green room, Ryder and Melissa looked up at me, eyes wide, and ready to ask me twenty questions.

Patrick instantly left my side and ran to Melissa and Ryder and tackled them onto the couch.

"What the hell?!" Melissa shrieked.

Both Pete and Patrick's eyes widened.

They knew Melissa's shriek probably caught some security guard's attention.

Pete grabbed my hand and pulled me back behind the couch and we sat down on the ground.

"What are we doing?!" I asked Pete in a loud whisper.

Pete smiled, "We are pretending you have been here the entire time - but just completely hidden from view....Do you have an ipod?"

"Uhh, yeah." I answered.

Pete nodded quickly, "Okay, take it out and turn it on."

That's when I heard someone walk into the room.

"Ahh, Mr. Stump?" a voice asked.

"Yes?" Patrick asked.

"Have you seen the missing girl?" the voice questioned.

"Uhh, yeah. But she's not missing. She's behind the couch with Pete." Patrick replied.

"What?" the voice questioned.

I heard footsteps come closer, "Miss Karr?" he questioned.

I didn't reply.

Earlier, Pete had told me not to and to pretend I couldn't hear anything when in fact I really could hear just fine.

I had also stripped off the jacket and hat to make me look like myself again.

The funny thing is though, I threw the hat up into the air, over the couch, and it accidentally landed on Patrick's head.

On his head!

I couldn't have done that if I tried!

So awesome.

That was earlier - before the security guard had walked in.

"Miss Karr?" the security guard asked as he stepped in front of me and waved his hand in my face.

I smiled up at him and removed one earbud from my ear while Pete removed the other earbud from his ear.

Swing by Savage feat. Soulja Boy was blasting out of my earphones.

"Yes?" I asked.

"How come you didn't say anything when we came in here looking for you about 20 minutes ago?" he asked.

"Oh, I probably didn't hear you. I've been listening to music with Pete back here for a while. Sorry I didn't answer." I said innocently.

"Uh...No, that's okay." he said as he slowly pulled his radio off of his belt, "Hey eighty-six that call on the M.I.A green room winner. She has been sitting behind the couch." he said as he walked out of the green room.

"10-4 good buddy." a voice echoed on the radio as the security guard left us.