Status: on hiatus for a short while...sorry

Boston Rose

Chapter 10

Tyler's POV:

Bridget wrapped her arms around me and replied,

"I love you so much Tyler." To be in her arms was all I wanted to be right now, and I was hoping Bridget would never let go.

"Knock, knock. Sorry to interrupt, but Bridget has chemotherapy in a couple of minutes." a nurse appeared in the door holding a clipboard.

"Can I stay with her or do I have to leave?" I asked, hoping for the best. The nurse sighed and said,

"I'm afraid not; but you can visit her right after the chemo is done. It won't be long, only an hour and a half or so."

"I'll wait, anything for her." I bent down and kissed Bridget on the noise and whispered,

"Good luck baby, I'll see you later." She smiled and I walked away and the last thing that I heard from her room was trhe nurse saying,

"Aww...young love...it's so cute!" I chuckled to myself and made my way downstairs to where the guys were waiting in the waiting room.

"Segs, what happened in there?" Shawn asked the moment he saw me.

"My girlfriend has cancer and we haven't exactly spoken in awhile, and it's a long story." I replied blankly. Chara stood up, hovering over me.

"Tyler, why didn't you tell us you had a girlfriend?" I shook my head and sighed,

"I didn't want you guys giving me a hard time about it and Bridget's special. I really think she's the one." That brought tears to my eyes as I thought about the negative side to her having cancer. Marchand patted me on the back and said,

"We're here for you Segs, every step, one at a time. You're like a little brother to us man." I smiled, thinking that that was probably the nicest thing that I heard him say. And then, as I looked around the room, looking at there faces, I knew that I could really count on these guys and that they were like an extened family.

"So, when can we officially meet Bridget?" Chara asked.

"Well, she's going through chemo now for like an hour and a half." I told them.

"Perfect, this gives me time to sit here and finish reading my magazine." Marchand said, sinking into the chair and picking up the latest issue of "People". Everyone laughed as we all sat down and engaged in our own conversation with one another.

Bridget's POV:

After my chemo was through, I felt even crappier than I had before going into this. I was completely drugged out and feeling really sick when I noticed Tyler and the guys from earlier come into my room.

"Hey Bridge, you awake?" Tyler asked as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"I am now." I groaned with a smile on my face. Tyler smiled his perfect smile as well and said,

"Great beause I have some people who want to meet you." The guys, I noticed, all lined up in a straight line.

"This is Adam McQuaid, Brad Marchand, Zdeno Chara, and Shawn Thorton." Tyler said as he pointed to each guy he was naming.
"Nice to meet you guys." I said, not removing the smile on my face.

"So, how are ya feeling?" Tyler asked, concern dripping in every word that left his mouth. I shrugged and said,

"I've been loads better but hey, what can ya do?" Tyler nodded and said,

"You know, I'm kinda glad that you didn't mention the cancer."

"Why's that?" I asked, completely confused.

"I have my reasons. The main one being because if you had, I probably woundn't be doing this right now." He then leaned in and kissed me. I had completely forgotten that the guys were still in the room, but their prescence was made known when half of them faked gagged and the other half "awwww"ed.

Tyler pulled away from me and said,

"Leave...NOW!' They all laughed, but obliged to the order. As soon as they were gone, Tyler went back to kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long, hope you liked it...COMMENT PLEASE!!!