Status: on hiatus for a short while...sorry

Boston Rose

Chapter 4

Tyler's POV

I parked my car in front of the hocky arena. I was 15 minutes late and if I didn't get my butt on the ice soon coach would kill me. Like literally.

As fast as I could I ran into the locker room and sat down on the bench and started putting my gear on.

"Dude, a little late?"

Patrice stood in the door way,

"Coach is looking for you, he had me come in here to go searchin' for you."

I didn't say anything, I just continued putting my gear on.

"Where you been Ty?"

I got up from the bench and passed by him on the way to the ice and said blankly,

"No where now lets play."

Patrice said nothing, he just followed me.

On the ice.......................

"TYLER!!!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!! THIS WHOLE TEAM HAS BEEN SITTING HERE WAITING FOR YOU TO SHOW YOUR GOD DAMN ASS ON THE ICE!"

I skated toward the team huddled in the middle of the ice.

"I'm sorry coach, it won't happen again," I replied looking down. Everyone was giving me evil grins.

"It better not cause this team won't be wining anymore Cups if your gonna be late for practice. Gentlemen you know what that means."

After practice.......

I slowly made my way into the locker room. My muscles aching. It was a rough practice and I felt stupid because it wasn't just for me it was put out on the whole team.

"Nice going Tyler," Marchand patted me on the back.

"Don't make the kid even worse okay Brad?" Patrice added.

"Where were you anyway?" asked Horty siting beside me.

If they knew it was a girl in this case, I would never here the end to it.

Bridget's POV

"Bridget?"

My grandmother and I sat in the doctor's office waiting for my name to be called and sure enough what do you know. Both my grandmother and I got up and we followed the nurse. I sat on the cushion.

"How are you today Bridget?" asked the nurse washing her hands and doing the usual.

"I'm fine I guess," I watched nervously as the nurse ripped open a new case that has a 2 inch needle inside. Those got me every time.

"Okay, you ready Bridget?"

I wasn't at all, I was actually afraid of shots. During the years I had either fainted, threw up, or screamed but grandma was here with me and that was all I needed.

"Grandma?" I held out my hand, at first she didn't know what I was talking about but then she smiled and grabbed my hand.

"Okay, 1 2 3." The shot pierced through my arm. I tried not to scream, I squeezed my grandmothers hand and soon enough it was done. They had taken what it looked like an ounce of blood.

"The doctor will be back in about 20 minutes to give you the results of the test." The nurse left the room and I glanced around. Many pictures of animals lined the walls and daily check up procedures. This room brought back memories of my mom and dad.

15 minutes later.....

"Knock knock"

"Come in," I cooed.

My doctor, Dr. Martin, appeared in the doorway with a clipboard in his hand.

"How are you Bridget?" He asked typing in his small computer.

"I'm good doctor."

Dr. Martin turned and looked at me with concern in his eyes. Something was wrong, it was the test results. Dr. Martin looked at his clipboard and then said what I didn't wanna here,

"I'm sorry to tell you Bridget but we have some bad news."
♠ ♠ ♠
and there's the next post... COMMENT PLEASE!!!!!