Status: on hiatus for a short while...sorry

Boston Rose

Chapter 6

(Tyler's POV)

Without evening knowing it, time got away from me...along with me remembering the plans to go and visit Bridget.

"HOLY SHIT! Guys, I got to go...NOW!" I hollored around 10:30. Bergy, Marchand, Horty, and Looch-who decided to come over around 7:00 all looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Why such a hurry Segs? I thought that you weren't dating anybody?" Looch says with a smirk. I aimed a punch at him (which he ducked) and said,

"You're right, I am NOT dating anybody. I just uh...well I uh...I told my sister that I would video chat her later." I finally managed to squeeze out.

"Well, why don't you just do it here? It's not like Nate here doesn't have a computer." Brad stated with a retarded looking drunk grin.

"Nah, I'd rather do it ALONE in the confinements of my own place, thank you very much." I stated as I got up to grab my coat that was hucked across the room-thanks to Brad.

"Whatever, later kid." Bergeron said as I opened the door to Nathan's house.

"Later BITCH!!!" Marshmont shouted after I called out 'goodbye'. Once I had gotten outside, it took me only a moment to realize that Patrice had driven me and that I had to means of transportation.

"Guess I'll just have to walk. Perfect...fucking perfect. Now I'll never get there on time." I muttered to myself before I took off into a sprint.

(Bridget's POV)

It was nearing 11:00 and I was just getting ready to close up the shop for the night for my grandparents. The news that I had just recieved from the doctors was finally starting to settle in. And to say I was scared for my life was an understatement. The whole afternoon had gone by in a blur and it wasn't until I went to flip over the 'CLOSE' sign that the door was flung open, knocking me to the ground.

"OW! What the hell!?!" I shouted as a mysterious hand firmly grabbed my own and pulled me up.

"Bridget, I'm sooo sorry. But I had to get here on time so I could see you again, since I promised you that I would earlier." a breathless Tyler panted to me. I laughed at him and said,

"And you ran the whole way here just so you could say hi? God, you're pathetic. Now c'mon, let's go get you some water or something." I gently took his sweaty hand in mine and led him to the kitchen while thinking,

"He makes it so hard to not love him!"

"Thanks so much! I don't think that I have ever ran so far in my whole life!" He said after taking in a large gulp from the glass of water that I had handed him.

"How far dd you actually run?" I asked between gails of laughter, all my worries from before slowly started to slip away.

"Well, I was at a buddy's house down in the North End and seeing that we are in Southie..." Tyler said with a shrug. That just made me laugh even harder.

"Oh, so you think that that is funny, don't ya?" He said as he walked over to pull me towards him. I just started to laugh even harder. After our laughter had died down, Tyler and I just sat there with me in his lap. After a few moments, he started to play with my hair.

"Gosh, you're so beautiful." he muttered a few minutes later. I quickly pulled away from him and said,

"What?" But, for my answer, I felt his lips smashing against mine. It took me a second to fully relax against him, but when I did, I found myself kissing him back. It wasn'y until I felt his tongue run against my lips, begging for an entrance that I pulled away.

"Tyler, I-we can't do this. Not now. Look, I have something to tell you..."

"No, I have something to tell you." he interrupted me. I stayed quiet, waiting for him to finish.

"I-I kind of lied to you Bridge," my eyes widened in disbelief as he continued. "I don't go to Boston College, actually, I don't go to college. I-I do play hockey, but not for a college league or anything. And my name isn't just Tyler...it's Tyler Seguin and I am a professional hockey player for the Boston Bruins." He finished with a deep breath. Oh my God...oh my God...

"So, what did you want to tell me?" he asked his breath-taking smile. I couldn't tell him about my cancer...not now. Especially since I knew deep down inside that no pro-athlete would want anything to do with a sick girl anyway?

"It's not sir, I-I uh think that you should leave. Please? And, I think that it is best that we not see each other anymore." I muttered as I pulled my hand away from his. It was now his turn to look shocked and confused.

"What? Why? Is it because I didn't tell you the truth? Because I really wanted to, I swear, I just didn't want you to treat me differently...like everyone else usually does. Please Bridge, don't be mad." He pleaded. I shook my head sorrowfully and said,

"Tyler, it's not that. I am greatful for you not telling me. But now that you have, we now can't be together anymore. Our worlds just aren't meant to collide and be together. I'm sorry." And then, before he could say another word, I got up and walked away, leaving him dumbfounded in his spot.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'll try to have the next one posted this week...since i have to write 2 to make up for having Bella write two... PLEASE REVIEW!!! thanks!!!