Status: Active; Updates are usually one day if it has readers.

The Light

One;

I never thought I’d see the shores of Gold Cape again. My dad had died here when I was about twelve years old, so mom decided it was time for a new setting. One all the way in Alaska. It wasn’t the greatest. But for some unknown reason, mom thought we should move back for my seventeenth birthday. She’s been acting out of the ordinary as of late.
We soon are on land again, our bags in hand. The smell of Oak Ridge never changes so I was welcome by the smell of salt, wild flowers and something else I had never been able to place. A tiny house sat close, the one we would be moving into. It wasn’t like our first home here, our first was on the other side of the small town. It was huge, like a mansion.
I finally asked mom one last time,” Why did we move back?”

The small pained expression crossed her face,” Because I missed this place.” Her eyes told a different story. She hated being here and it hurt like hell.
I shook my head but let it go. My mother was a stubborn woman and if she felt that strong of a feeling to be here, then we should be.
As we walked closer to the house I noticed that it had recently been painted white. It’s front porch wrapped around the entire house. Rose bushes decorated the front, along with my favorite flower. A simple red tulip. The windows almost reached to touch the porch but where a dark shade. The house was simply elegant.
I smiled and turned towards mom,” This house is beautiful.”
She grinned back, the expression from earlier gone,” It is, isn’t it?” She winked at me before reaching into her purse and pulling out the keys.
I made puppy dog eyes at her,” Can I please open the door? Please?” She handed them over with in two seconds tops. No one could resist my eyes. They were a beautiful green with strange pale brown circles. I loved my eyes because they were so different. I marveled at the front door for a few seconds and then I opened it.
The living room was in a subtle pink shade. A lavender push couch with different shades of pink in the pillows. An elegant glass table in the center of the room, and a sweet flat screen television. It was a pretty room, only it was pink. I sighed but grabbed my bags from where I had dropped them on the porch and went to look for my own room.
My room’s walls were painted a bright turquoise blue, all my furniture white and a new laptop sitting on my desk. I turned around, ready to set off for mom. There was no way we could pay for all of this.
“Mom?” I had searched the whole house so I gingerly opened the door, only to knock a person out. He or she groaned as he or she fell backwards. I cursed gently,” Damn.” I stepped out of the doorway and sat down on my knees. He was a gorgeous guy, well in my opinion. His dark brown hair fell gently of one of his eyes and his body was a small build. Joe Jonas just walked into my door!
He asked with his eyes still closed,” Enjoying your view, babe?”

I scoffed and blushed,” Shut up… whatever your name is. What were you doing on my porch?”
He leaned up,” I was looking for you. Duh.”
I was baffled,” Why?”
His eyes widened in surprise,” You don’t remember me?”
I shook my head,” Nope, not even a clue.”
He grabbed my left wrist in his hands and played with the bracelet there. “ Do you know how you got this?”
I defensively jerked my hand back and protectively wrapped the fingers of my right hand over it,” Yes, it was given to me by a friend for my twelve birthday.”
He grinned and then I knew who it was because long ago that smile had melted my heart,” Jasper?” Then I jumped on top of him, causing us both to topple down the stairs and into the sand.
He hugged me tightly,” I missed you, Arabella.”
I wrinkled my nose,” It’s Ara now.”
He looked confused at me,” Why?”
I glanced away at the ocean that filled my view,” Long story.”
He brushed a strand of hair that had fallen from my bun,” We’ve got time.”
I sighed and gently pushed off his chest,” Nah, I’m fine. Besides, I have to go find mom.”
He stood up,” She’s over at my house, gossiping about things only she and my mom would talk about.” He laughed and wrapped his arms around my delicate waist. I found myself on the ground, giggling hysterically with him just standing there like what happened.
I explained through my laughter,” I’m extremely ticklish as of late.” His eyes clouded as he nodded. Just as I was about to ask what was wrong, mom ran through the front door.
She chuckled at us,” Hey kids, come on. Dinner’s ready!”
And then I was home. I hadn’t realized just how much I had missed this place. I looked at Jasper knowingly,” Ready.”
He nodded, already down in a running position.
I screamed,” Go!” I ran my heart out from my spot in the sand all the way to the doorway, just like old times. Jasper was just a tiny bit slower than me. I did a little victory dance on the living room carpet as he walked in the door.
He grudgingly said,” Good run. You’ve gotten faster.” He keep his head down as we entered the kitchen.
Mom grinned,” She still beats you, doesn’t she?”
His mom giggled,” Oh, dear. Aww, Arabella! It’s so nice to see you again. I’ve missed having my little honey bee around.” She enfolded me into a nice warm hug.
I sighed in a happiness,” Good to be back. I’ve missed you too, Mrs. Sterling.”
We all sat down at the four chaired table, eating and reminiscing over old times. Mrs. Sterling asked,” When is honey bee starting school? “
Mom grimaced,” I hadn’t told her yet but she will be attending tomorrow.” My head hit the table and I groaned. Moving and then going to school the next day? Bummer.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this isn't the best begining but I promise it will get better! This is based off a dream I had last night that is going to make a great story! (: Comment♥