Status: should be frequent

Fantasy Lies Beyond the Reach of Time

So I Can Take This Pen And Teach You How To Live

Blaire was in hospital for the last day, thank God. I was getting pretty lonely in my house all by myself. I sat at my desk that I usually wrote drum notations on and started to think. That was when I remembered reading something about some bloke who wrote letters to their kid every week until the day that they were old enough to read them.

That was when an idea clicked in my mind, I could do that. I would put all the letters into a box and then give the box to my child when I felt the time was right. It seemed like a brilliant idea.

I opened one of my desk drawers and pulled out some paper and a pen. Then I started my first letter.
Dear Sully (what I'm going to call you until you have a name!),

Yesterday I saw you for the first time. You were tiny, I couldn't believe that I had had a hand in making such a tiny person. I found it hard to believe, how could you be real?

How could such a perfect little person be growing in your Mom's belly?

The steady thump of your heartbeat on that monitor made me realise what life was about. It wasn't about riches, becoming famous or meeting the love of your life; it was about your kids and watching them grow old until you couldn't any more.

That was when I made a promise to myself and to you; I was going to be the best damn Father that I could. I would be there no matter what, through your highs and lows, through your first break-up, your first love. I would be your shoulder to cry on and your best friend to laugh with. That's the kind of Dad that I wanted to be.

I hope I've been doing a good job.

Even if I haven't, I love you more than anything in the world. Even before I have laid eyes on you in the flesh, you are what has made life living for me.

I realised why I was put on this Earth, it was for you.

I didn't realise that I could love anything more than I love your Mom. But I love you more.

You are a part of me. A part of my heart. My soul.

Love,

Your Dad (Jimmy 'The Reverend Tholomew Plague' Sullivan)


I read back the letter to myself and smiled. It was a perfect idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it took so long!
I've been uber busy!
But when I started to write this, I thought the letter was a brilliant idea for a story
Keep a look out for it if your interested ;D
Title credit goes to Black Viel Brides with Saviour :DD