Status: should be frequent

Fantasy Lies Beyond the Reach of Time

I'll Never Fight Again And This Is How It Ends

I woke up in the middle of the night with a start. Blaire was sleeping peacefully next to me, the house was silent. I strained my ears, there must have been a reason I woke up. I was a ridiculously lazy person and slept through anything. Then I heard a bang from downstairs.

I untangled myself from the covers, which was ridiculously hard as I tend to fidget a lot, and grabbed the bat which I kept by the side of the bed. “Your going to regret this” I muttered as I silently stalked downstairs, holding the bat in a good position to hit someone with.

I reached the bottom of the stairs and stepped into the front room. I was grabbed around the waist, someone held their hand over my mouth. In panic, I dropped the bat and tried to pry their fingers from my mouth, I wanted to shout for Blaire to run.

The person picked up the bat and smacked me on the temple with it. I felt dizzy and was in pain, but I didn't fall. I struggled to stay up. The intruder hit me again, my vision went funny, everything went blurry, stars flashed before my eyes. Then I fell, once I hit the floor, I heard a familiar voice whisper “I'm sorry Jimmy”, then the world went blissfully black and silent.
When I opened my eyes, I was disorientated. Memories returned to me in flashed, me waking up, going downstairs and the intruder...

Was Blaire safe? I hoped so. Then I remembered hearing the voice saying sorry, the voice that seemed eerily familiar.

I tried to sit up but a wave of dizziness and nausea hit me. I fell backwards again. I tried to touch my head with my hands, to see the extent of the damage, but my arms were tied with thick rope to the bedpost. This was just typical, I had been kidnapped by some sort of psycho.

Footsteps approached the door, I heard the scrape of the lock, the door opened. I blinked a few times to get used to the sudden light. I couldn't believe who I saw, it was Brian.

“Brian?” I managed to croak out, my throat was dry and scratchy feeling.

“I'm sorry Jimmy, but I love you too much to have her take you away from me” he said possessively, his eyes flashing with anger. “She was going to take you away” he repeated.

“Bri please just let me go and we can forget this happened” I begged, I didn't want to see my friend like this. I wanted to see him how I remembered. Right now, he looked liked he could easily kill me. He sat on the bed next to me.

“I can't, your mine” he smirked. Then he started to gently stroke my leg. I shuddered, this wasn't Brian, what was wrong with him?

“What about Michelle?” I blurted out.

“She isn't a problem” he mumbled, crawling up the bed, closer and closer. I gulped, where was my best friend?
♠ ♠ ♠
thought I'd spice it up a bit xD