Status: active

Kiyo Nakamoto

Kiyo Nakamoto Episode Twelve: Released from Bondage, New Path of Life

(Royal Palace courtyard)

(Kiyomi is standing in front of Kiyo and Eli. Eli is standing heroically with a serious look on his face. He’s paying much attention to what Kiyomi is saying. Kiyo is using the invisible fire energy to toss his egg from his right hand, to his left. He’s having fun with the egg, and he is not paying attention to Kiyomi at all.)

Kiyomi: We must prepare for the assassin’s return! We must also prepare for our battle with Kaji. The battles, which our futures’ hold, are unknown to us at this time. Therefore, we must train ourselves to be ready for anything. Our foes will not fall mercy upon us in our final acts of life. They will strike us down without hesitation. We must be the same.

(Kiyomi sees that Kiyo is not paying attention.)

Kiyomi: Kiyo, are you even listening?

Kiyo: Yeah, yeah, I’m listening.

Kiyomi: Oh really; and what exactly did I say?

Kiyo: Oh you mean am I listening to you? No I’m not.

Kiyomi: (Sighs) Kiyo, come on, this is serious.

Kiyo: I’m only joking, Kiyomi; I heard you.

Kiyomi: Then repeat what I said.

Kiyo: Blah, blah, blah, assassins, blah, blah, blah, Kaji blah, blah, blah, we need to be as fierce in battle as our enemies and not hesitate to defeat them.

Eli: Oh… So that’s what she was saying… I was only pretending to listen. (Scratches head and smiles) I had no idea what she was talking about.

Kiyomi: It’s like I’m talking to two little kids.

Eli: I still consider myself a kid.

Kiyomi: Well good for you, Eli. You have an excuse; my brother does not.

Kiyo: I am who I am; don’t judge me.

Kiyomi: No one’s judging you…

(Kiyo walks away while he talks to Kiyomi.)

Kiyo: I’m gonna go play with my egg now, I’ll talk to you later.

Eli: Don’t worry, Kiyomi, you still have me.

Kiyomi: (Smiles) Thanks, Eli.

Masumi: Come now, Kiyomi. Do you really think these people can help you?

Kiyomi: I haven’t heard your voice in a long time.

Eli: What?

Kiyomi: Maybe you should leave, Elijah…

Eli: Alright… I guess I’ll go work on controlling my speed then.

(Eli walks away and Masumi has her back to Kiyomi’s.)

Kiyomi: What do you want, Masumi?

Masumi: Your brother has reached the summoning phase of his abilities. Some can summon good; others can summon evil. Your brother can do both, however. And his body doesn’t know how to react.

Kiyomi: And because we’re twins, I can feel the evil within him. And that evil has conjured you up.

Masumi: Do you really think you can get rid of me that easily? You must learn to tame me, or embrace me; for I am the evil within your heart.

Kiyomi: I’m not entirely sure yet… I’m not sure how to defeat you. But the day will come, when I figure it out.

(Jiro is sitting in a lounge. He’s silently examining his sword, until Sasha walks in and sits next to him.)

Sasha: How do you feel, Jiro?

Jiro: (Grins) I feel invincible. Now that Angel has come into my life, I feel like I can take on the world. And that’s exactly what I plan to do.

Sasha: I’m sensing evil within you, Jiro.

Jiro: You know… I feel it too. (Stands up) I’ve been a spineless wimp my entire life. And it was all because of my emotions. Osmo took more than my feelings away; he took away the fog of emotions which blinded me from seeing my true path. Without emotion, I’m a completely different me. The new me, is much more incisive.

Sasha: Whether or not you choose a path of evil is not my business, but if you become too much of a threat to the world, It will be.

Jiro: I’m only interested in reviving my family and declaring myself king. I don’t care if it means becoming good or evil.

Sasha: Just yesterday, you had such a pure heart- filled with kindness and love. (Walks away) It’s a shame that all had to end.

(Assassin Hideout)

(Zazu and Jason are walking down a dark hallway. The two of them are wearing black ninja costumes.)

Jason: Hey, Zazu, this question’s been on my mind for awhile now.

Zazu: (Sighs) What is it, Jason?

Jason: If the two of us were to ever get into a serious fight, who do you think would win?

Zazu: Me of course. You are a fool for thinking otherwise.

Jason: Sure you say that now, but you’ve never seen me at my full power. I’ve never had to use it in battle before.

Zazu: Are you saying you’ve been keeping your strength hidden from the rest of the faction?

Jason: (Grins) You’re not gonna cry to boss, are ya?

Zazu: Of course not. But just know…

(The two of them stop walking.)

Jason: Why are we stopping?

Zazu: This hall… I don’t know about you, but I sure don’t remember the hall being this long and dark.

(The dark hallway seems to have no end to it. All that can be seen, is an infinite abyss of darkness.)

Jason: So you think it’s an illusion?

Zazu: Or perhaps, Serenade’s venom.

Jason: A slick one she is.

(Zazu extends his arms toward Jason. Jason bites Zazu’s arm and drinks a tiny bit of blood. Zazu’s eyes glow green for 2 seconds. The darkness of the room turns into mush and slowly sucks itself into the darkness down the hall in front of them. The room becomes bright from the windows. A woman, wearing an all black robe and a hood, is standing upside down inches away from Zazu’s face. She has the voice of a lustful temptress. She has the eyes and tongue of a snake. She has pale white skin. Her fingernails are painted black.)

Serenade: Sharp as usual, I see.

(Tiny snakes slowly slither across the faces of Jason and Zazu. Zazu casually throws the snakes off. Jason stands and ignores the snakes on him.)

Zazu: I must admit; your skills are very exceptional. Jason and I were not aware of the ingestion of your venom.

(Serenade slithers and wraps her entire body around Zazu’s. She speaks in his ear with a relaxing calm voice.)

Serenade: You’ve ingested my venom. Perhaps I can do the same for you? (Licks his ear)

Jason: You can be creepy at times, you know that?

Serenade: I’ve always thought you were cute, Zazu. I’ve always wanted to feel your big strong body against mine.

(Serenade softly squeezes her body around Zazu’s.)

Jason: (Thinking) I’m seriously beginning to wonder why she’s even on our team.

Serenade: Please take me in your arms… Take me to your room and make me feel… alive… Make me feel as beautiful as a thousand doves flying into the breeze of the sunset…

Jason: (Thinking) All this girl does, is think about perverted things. It’s amazing she’s one of the top 5 assassins.

Zazu: You will get your wish, Serenade. I understand how much your body aches.

(Serenade slithers around his body.)

Serenade: Please do not keep me waiting for too long; my body will disintegrate.

Zazu: Right… I understand. For now, I must attend to important business. Master Nissa would like to have a word with Jason and I.

(Serenade’s body sticks to the ceiling. She slithers away.)

Serenade: I’ll be waiting…

(Jason and Zazu continue walking down the hall.)

Jason: What is it with that girl and her appetite?

Zazu: Her body was fused with a queen snake spirit; using a special ritual. She use to be a temptress. She would seduce many men, but she never actually gave them what she said she would.

Jason: I gotcha.

Zazu: The members of her clan decided to sacrifice her, for her evil ways. She was sacrificed to a snake spirit. The snake spirit judged Serenade and resurrected her. The spirit gave Serenade another chance at life. Serenade was giving the snake spirit’s abilities as a gift, but there was also a punishment. Serenade’s body required satisfaction, in order to sustain itself.

Jason: So if she doesn’t get it, her body destroys itself?

Zazu: Correct.

Jason: What a terrible punishment. I never knew her full story.

Zazu: That is not her full story. You still don’t know why she joined the assassins.

Jason: Honestly, I forgot what she said the reason was. I tuned out when she was telling it.

Zazu: We’re almost to the door. Master Nissa will be expecting us to be on our best behavior.

Jason: Yeah, yeah, I got it.

(Jason and Zazu walk into an empty room. It’s made of concrete, and Nissa is starring out the only window in the room. His hands are behind his back, and he doesn’t turn back as he talks.)

Nissa: I see Serenade has caused you to be late.

Zazu: (Kneels) Our apologies, Master.

Nissa: I have called you both here to inform you of my intentions for Aiko. I am sending her out to the royal city to obtain some information. She will most likely be attacked. I want you as her backup.

Jason: That works. I finally have a chance to end her life.

Nissa: I do not want her dead just yet. Kaji is beginning to have second thoughts about killing Aiko. He may give her a second chance.

Jason: What a bummer. I was really looking forward to ending her life. But Kaji’s orders are what they are.

Nissa: You make sure Aiko’s safe.

Jason: Yes sir.

(Royal palace)

(Jiro is cutting at a tree with his sword. He puts much focus into each furious strike. Sweat drips down his face. The sound of the leaves blowing through the wind can be heard. The leaves on the tree slowly fall, one at a time. Kiyo walks behind him.)

Kiyo: Hey, Jiro.

(Jiro gets startled and quickly turns around. He stabs Kiyo in the face, but his invisible energy protects him, and reflex the sword in another direction on impact.)

Kiyo: I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?

Jiro: What is it, Kiyo, can’t you see I’m in the middle of something?

Kiyo: I can tell you’re becoming evil Jiro. You’re evil is just as clouding as mine.

Jiro: (Turns around) Now there’s a difference between you and I, Kiyo. My so called “evil”, helps me see my path clearly.

(Jiro slowly walks toward his sword, as it lies on the ground.)

Kiyo: Your path of life is clouded by an evil fog. This fog will suck the pure life out of you, like an airborne toxin.

Jiro: Why are you and Sasha so fixed on making me choose a path of good?

Kiyo: Why would anyone want to be evil?

Jiro: Everyone has their own reasons. I simply want to have the power to defeat Angel.

Kiyo: Please do not astray from your true destiny, Jiro.

(Jiro picks up his sword and gets angry.)

Jiro: This is my destiny!! I am meant to do this… This is the path I choose.

Kiyo: (Walks up to Jiro with a serious attitude.) Say what you want to, Jiro. But deep down, you know the truth. You’re just too much of a coward to face it.

Jiro: (Faces Kiyo) What do you know, huh?! You don’t know anything about me! So don’t you dare call me a coward!

Kiyo: Fine, then scaredy cat, or how about wimp? How about a weak punk?!

(Jiro slashes his sword at Kiyo at Kiyo’s neck. A small amount of blood is thrown in Jiro’s face. Kiyo is holding the blade of the sword, inches away from his neck, with his bleeding hand.)

Kiyo: You are weak. I say a few insults to you, and you lose your temper. You nearly took off my head.

(Kiyo extends his right leg to the side and a trail of dust picks up behind Kiyo. Eli’s face is smashed into the tree behind Jiro. He slowly slides down to the ground.)

Eli: (Grabs his face) Ouch, Kiyo, why did you trip me like that? I hit my face awfully hard.

Kiyo: I know you have my back Eli, but this is no place for you…

Eli: (Thinking) The only time I’ve seen Kiyo this serious, is when we first meet. How was he able to detect my speed and trip me at the right moment?

Kiyo: Leave, Eli, now!

Eli: (Stands up) Okay, but I’ve got your back, if anything goes sideways. (Runs away)

Kiyo: Eli is a true friend. He’s true to those close to him and he has their back.

(Jiro is angry and is constantly trying to cut Kiyo’s head off. Kiyo is dodging. The two of them are talking.)

Jiro: You think I care about that…? I don’t need friends. Friends are for the weak.

Kiyo: Friends make you a better person.

(Kiyo slams his left palm into Jiro’s chest. Jiro flies back and slams against the tree behind him. Jiro is hurt badly and is shaking is shivering. I large piece of ice falls from Jiro’s chest and hits the ground. Kiyo is surrounded by blue evil energy. He becomes darker inside and out.)

Kiyo: This is what evil feels like. Is this what you want? Is this what you wish to live with for the rest of your life?! If this is what you want, then you’re a sick human being! You are a monster, and you don’t deserve to live. I should just cut you down right here; right now!

(Kiyo closes his eyes and calms down. His power goes back to normal. Jiro’s sword falls to the ground. Jiro is shaking in fear. The emperor and Empress are watching outside of the window from a top floor.)

Empress: It seems Jiro’s emotions have come back to him.

Rokia: Are you sure of this, my love?

Empress: (Grins) My eyes see through everything. That is my natural gift, after all.

Jiro: Is that… What evil feels like?

Kiyo: Yes, Jiro. I live with it inside of me every day.

(Kiyo looks down at his hand.)

Kiyo: I’m… Bleeding?

(The egg above Kiyo’s head cracks. Kiyo holds the egg in his hand. Kiyo, Jiro, Eli, and Kiyomi, all gather around to watch the egg hatch. Kiyo looks around at everybody.)

Kiyo: Where did you come from, Kiyomi?

Kiyomi: I’m like a ninja in the wind, now shh. Watch the egg hatch.

Kiyo: You guys are gonna scare the poor thing. Give us some room.

(Kiyo holds the egg close to him and walks a few feet away.)

Kiyomi: (Thinking) It’s impossible… The quickest an egg has ever hatched was 48 hours, but Kiyo’s had his for less than 24. His egg may be premature.

(The egg cracks open in Kiyo’s hands. A very tiny white baby fox comes out. Its eyes are closed but it can sense Kiyo. It looks at Kiyo and lets out a squealing yawn.)

Kiyo: (Smiles and closes eyes) Hey, little guy. Aren’t you a cute little fox?

(Kiyo and the fox rub their cheeks against each other and laugh.)

Kiyomi: (Thinking) This is impossible… Kiyo is able to use level 4 kotoda techniques, when he was only a level 2. He’s able to bring his evil to the surface without letting it take over. He can crossover fire and ice abilities to bend the rules of physics itself. The way he acts completely changed since me and Eli meet him. There’s something about Kiyo that’s just not right. He’s impossible to figure out.

Kiyo: Oh geez, I’m sorry. I had no idea you were a girl fox. (Smiles) I’ll name you Nanami. But I’ll just call you Nini for short.

(Aiko walks into an antique shop. A friendly old man greets her with kindness. Aiko walks in with a smile on her face and her childish attitude.)

Old man: Why hello there. Please do not hesitate to ask me for assistants if-

(Aiko slams the man’s face into the counter. The man is hurt and a bloody tooth falls out from his aching mouth.)

Aiko: Ah, well. Seems not only will you get a prophet from the beautiful antiques in your shop, but the tooth fairy will be paying you a visit as well. Oh how fun!

(Aiko jumps and sits on the Old man’s head. She presses his head against the counter. She crosses her legs and gets comfortable. The old man is struggling to try and get his head free.)

Aiko: Now unless you want the tooth fairy to come by for a double delivery, I suggest you tell me what I wanna know.

Old man: (Panicking) Please! Please, I can’t breathe!

Aiko: (Smiles) You silly goofball, how is that my problem?

Old man: Okay, okay, I’ll tell you what I know!

Aiko: I’m listening…

Old man: Nissa sent you, right?

Aiko: Tell me something I don’t know, or I’ll crush your head with my bosoms. They are big enough to do that you know.

Old man: The emperor has a hidden tunnel that leads right to the royal palace.

(Aiko jumps off the man’s head.)

Aiko: Show me wear it is, and I might let you skip freely to your home. Isn’t skipping great?!

Old man: Uh… sure…

(Sasha is standing outside. She was listening the entire time. She quickly runs away in a panic. Zazu and Jason are hiding on the rooftops.)

Zazu: Should we go get her?

Jason: No… I have my eyes set on one target.

Zazu: Master Nissa gave you specific orders not to kill Aiko.

Jason: I’m sick of that guy bossing me around.

Zazu: What!?

Jason: I’m done. I’m done with him; I’m done with the faction. From this moment on, I’m going my own way. I’m following my own path.

Zazu: Do you really think you can survive in this world, all by yourself?

Jason: No one can stop me. At my maximum strength, I can easily mop the floor with Nissa. And if you get in my way, that will include you as well, Zazuni.

Zazu: Are you threatening me?

Jason: I’m promising you death, if you get in my way. Right now, my only target is Aiko. Don’t get in my way.

Zazu: Before you go, I have just one question for you… Where did you get your power from? That’s one question you never answered during your initiation.

Jason: I come from the same clan as Jiro and Angel: The Izakuga clan.

Zazu: Angel let you live?

Jason: Angel did not kill her entire clan; only members who knew the secrets of the clan’s hidden power. Those who knew the secrets were capable of starting a war. She killed only the ones who had to be killed. She broke out of her shell and decided to do something that she believed was right. She grabbed one of the clan’s best swords and destroyed everyone. She was kind enough to spare me. That’s something I would never do.

Zazu: Never in my life, have I seen you spare a life.

Jason: Goodbye, comrade. Hope to fight you someday… in the future. (Jumps away)

Zazu: (Thinking) Jason… What has happened to you? What made you come to a choice such as this?

(Royal palace)

(Kiyo and Nanami are raging through a destroyed kitchen. Dirty dishes and silverware are scattered everywhere. Kiyo and Nanami are thrashing through the refrigerator. Kiyomi, Eli, and Mizuki, are all startled by what they see.)

Eli: (Excited) Kiyomi, can I-

Kiyomi: (Cuts off Eli) No, Eli, you cannot join them.

Eli: (Looks down with sad face) Awe.

Kiyomi: (Angry) Kiyo, what do you think you’re doing?

(Kiyo and Nini calm down and look at Kiyomi. Their mouths are full of food, but they swallow all of it at once.)

Kiyo: Check it out, Kiyomi! Nini can eat just as much as me!

Kiyomi: (Puts her palm on her forehead.) You rampaged through an entire kitchen, looking for food?

Kiyo: Yep!

Nini: (Smiles) Ni!

Kiyomi: (Smiles) Awe, how cute. (Gets serious) Kiyo, you need to take your journey more serious. You have no idea how powerful you are, Kiyo. You can bring change to the world.

Kiyo: I think I have a pretty good idea about how powerful I am. (Takes huge bite of bread)

Kiyomi: Kiyo, what’s your purpose for living? What is it you work for? Our little group has no goal. The only thing we think about doing is defeating Kaji. I’m sorry, but that’s not enough. The Kiyo Trio needs an ambition. It’s time we break the shell and realize our journey in life. You need to set a good example for Nini.

Kiyo: (Serious attitude) My ambition, is to rid the world of as much evil as possible. I know evil will always exist, but I want to at least get rid of the evil that’s too powerful to be stopped by those who cannot fight for themselves. I need to find the Gem of Croy, so that I can make a wish to take control of the evil inside of me, and also to keep it out of evil hands. Eli…

Eli: Uh… Yeah?

Kiyo: Tell Kiyomi what your ambition is.

Eli: I only want to see Osmodeus beg for his life, while I end him. And I want the Gem of Croy, so I can wish that those with cursed blood don’t have to go to hell when they die. (Looks at the ground) I just don’t think that’s fair.

Kiyo: So, Kiyomi… (Takes bite of Carrot) You what’s your ambition?

Kiyomi: Kiyo…

Kiyo: What is your ambition?!

Kiyomi: (Takes deep breath) All I want, is to be a good sister to you. I want to be by your side and be your support in battle. I want to make it up to you… for leaving.

(Kiyomi walks up to Kiyo and hugs him from behind while he sits on the kitchen floor.)

Kiyomi: I know you forgave me, brother… But I still feel like I owe you… I haven’t exactly told you everything there is to know about me.

Kiyo: (Serious attitude) Now is not the time, Kiyomi. Please let me finish my lunch in peace.

Kiyomi: Okay… (Stops hugging Kiyo)

Eli: Kiyomi... I know this might seem silly to you, or you might Say that I’m just being a little kid. (Raises fist and clenches it.) But why don’t we take on these assassins ourselves? I know these assassins are tough, but when they come back to assassinate the emperor, we can give them a surprise welcome.

Kiyomi: The emperor can easily defeat the ninja himself. He doesn’t need us, Eli.

Eli: We need this, Kiyomi. (Walks closer to Kiyomi) This is our chance to test our strength. We aim to fight the toughest fighters in the world. If we can’t beat these assassins, then-

Kiyomi: Stop, Eli. I’ve heard enough. And you know what…? I agree with you.

Eli: (Smiles) You do?!

Kiyomi: (Smile) I do. Now let’s tell the emperor about our plan.

(Hours later)

(Sasha, Kiyo, Nini, Eli, Kiyomi, and Jiro, are talking in the training hall. They’re all sitting down drinking tea.)

Eli: (Takes big sip of tea) So tell me again how we know for sure the assassins are going to return?

Sasha: My abilities allowed me to feel the evil intensions of both Zazu and Jason. I can still feel their evil.

Kiyo: So what are they planning? (Heats up cup of tea with his fire)

Sasha: The leader of the assassins originally sent Zazu, Aiko and Jason to get Intel of the emperor. Instead of that happening, they decided to attack us. Aiko was given the order to kill Kiyomi. But since we were all in a group, they attacked all of us. They’re new plan is a lot more complicated. They’re only here to pretend to kill the emperor. They in fact have a new target. However, Jason’s evil heart has the intentions of killing both the new target, and my father.

Kiyomi: So then we’ll only have to deal with Jason?

Sasha: I believe so. Jason is very powerful, however. (Takes sip of coffee)

Eli: And you’re absolutely sure he’ll attack tonight?

Sasha: They’re here in the kingdom already. I know in my heart the assault will be tonight.

Kiyo: Hey, I’ve been wondering about this so called “Kingdom”. This kingdom is the size of a town. Small buildings surround the giant palace. That’s all there is here.

Eli: Also, why are you a princess if your parents are emperor and empress?

Kiyo: And why is the so called “emperor” in control of such a small area of the world?

Eli: And why is “Prince Kaji” so close to your father’s kingdom?

Kiyo: Is Kaji your brother?

Sasha: (Nervous) Hahaha, guys, please. Take it easy on the questions.

Kiyomi: You don’t have to answer that Princess. (Bows down for 2 seconds) Allow me. Kaji’s real mother died when Kaji was at a young age. Kaji’s father was a king with no queen. The king found a beautiful woman to take the place of his new queen. This woman was the queen of a different king, however. This king was Rokia. Kaji’s father challenged Rokia to a duel. As a result, Rokia claimed victory by death. Kaji was left with no parents. He was sad and alone. Rokia created Manjoume City for Kaji to rule. Manjoume is now known as the city of light, or Light City. Light City is a very huge and luxurious city. It’s one of the largest cities in the entire world. Rokia gave all of his land to Kaji and created his own tiny city. Rokia has given himself the title “emperor” for owning his own city and for having great power. Kaji and Sasha are not related. Sasha kept her title “princess”, while her parents moved on to “Emperor” and “Empress”.

Eli: I suppose it’s all making since now. (Smiles) Thanks, Kiyomi.

Kiyo: (Excited) So how powerful is your father, Sasha? I’d love to have a one-on-one with him!

Sasha: (Grins) Please, Kiyo, don’t make me laugh! My father is at least a level 6 in his kotodama. You’re barely a level 3.

Eli: What are the six levels again?

Kiyomi: Let’s see… Level 1 allows you to control whatever elemental ability you’ve been given. Level 2 lets you create your own of whatever your element you have. Level 3 allows you to summon creatures from the Kotodama world. But you can only summon a creature of your spiritual element. For example: Since I am a wind type, I can only summon wind spirit creatures.

Eli: (Excited) That’s so cool! Can you summon a giant eagle with three heads?!

Kiyomi: Haha, let’s not get off the subject, Elijah.

Eli: Right, sorry.

Kiyomi: Level 5 allows you to alter your own elemental abilities. Level 4 allows you to turn your elemental powers into spheres or blast of energy. I believe there are 10 levels, but I never knew what the rest were. I forget level 6.

Eli: Thanks for the lesson. I feel smarter already!

Kiyomi: (Bows and smiles) I am always willing to pass down knowledge to a pupil.

(Both smile and laugh at each other.)

Kiyo: (Smiling) It’s great to see the two of you bonding together. (Stands up with Nini on his head) I’ll see you guys maybe later. Nini and I are going to get some training done. (Walks away)

(Everyone is confused as Kiyo leaves the training hall.)

Sasha: Is something wrong with your brother, Kiyomi? I have the ability to sense feelings and emotions, but I can’t seem to understand your brother’s.

Kiyomi: Kiyo had a completely different attitude when we first meet him. He was a serious guy. He always had a serious attitude. Even the way he talked was different. But when the three of us began our travels together, he just became more childish and not as smart. From time-to-time, the way he acts changes. Sometimes he’s serious; sometimes he’s not.

Sasha: What do you think goes on in your brother’s head?

Kiyomi: I really don’t know… Maybe he’s just trying to find some reason for living. His whole life was based on defeating Phantom and avenging his parents’ death. But I told him that those weren’t our real parents. Everything he worked so hard for was a lie. And I can’t help but to feel responsible for crushing his ambition… I only wanted to be a good sister.

(Sasha opens her mouth to say something, but Eli says something first.)

Eli: It’s not your fault, Kiyomi. You told Kiyo the truth because you thought it was the right thing to do. The truth hurts, but that’s just how it is. When you try to help someone, don’t blame yourself for failing, because you did what you could to help them. And in the end, how they react to what you tell them is their choice. It’s his choice whether or not what you told him is a good thing or a bad thing.

Kiyomi: Thanks, I really needed that, Elijah.

Eli: (Smiles) We’re the only family we have. We have to have each other’s back no matter what.

(Eli and Kiyomi smile at each other. Sasha remains quiet. She walks away without saying a word to Kiyomi or Eli.)

Sasha: They have a very deep bond with one another. I wonder if they know how powerful that bond really it…

(Hours have passed. The sky grows light with brightness of the full moon’s glow. The wind is slowly picking up. The sound of leaves can be heard thought the royal city. Kiyo and Nini enjoy the beautiful garden under the moon. They smell the sweet aroma of the blossoming roses. A woman with a dark blue cloak and a hood stands hidden in a tree. She throws a kunai at Kiyo’s head. The kunai is inches away from Kiyo… Kiyo is still staring at the garden. He doesn’t notice the kunai. Everyone is sound asleep in their rooms. No one is around to help him. The Kunai is less than an inch away from Kiyo. Kiyo disappears. The knife stabs into the ground. The woman is confused. She is revealed to be Aiko.)

Aiko: (Whispers) Where did he go?

(Kiyo is standing in the shadows behind Aiko.)

Kiyo: Behind you…

(Aiko quickly pulls a knife out at an amazing speed and turns around to stab Kiyo. Before she can make a full turn, Kiyo punches Aiko in the face with a fire punch. Aiko falls out of the tree and lands in the garden. Aiko’s hood falls off. Her hair is very short and dark brown. She looks up at Kiyo. Kiyo has a serious look in his eyes. He crosses his arms and glares at Aiko. Aiko equips a dagger. Kiyo sets his fist on fire and jumps at Aiko to punch her again.)

TO BE CONTINUED…