Status: active

Kiyo Nakamoto

Kiyo Nakamoto Episode 18: Aiko's Mentality (Unedited Filler)

Rayna: (Thinking) I know those two are here behind me. I just wish I could hear what they were saying. Are they here for me? If they are, I should get out of here while I still have the chance. This underground area is too small for battle. And with all these people, Phantom has a huge advantage.

(Tyreese and Kiyo both stand up.)

Tyreese: So what’s going to happen next? Should we continue the fight?

Kiyo: If you ask me, I say we should, but it wouldn’t be a wise choice. The two of us were already exhausted and drained of energy when we first walked into the arena. Well I fell in, but you get the point.

Tyreese: The crowd is cheering for us to continue this match. I’m sure you don’t want to disappoint them, do you?

Kiyo: Man, I’d love to finish this fight. And I would hate to disappoint the people. But we’ve already used p too much energy. The only reason why we’re still conscious right now is because we’re using spiritual energy to keep up awake. By the way, how did you learn to use Spiritual energy? Rayna never taught you.

Tyreese: When I passed out earlier, I talked to my mother in a dream. She told me that she loved me. You have no idea how big of a smile I got and how my heart tingled from hearing her tell me that she cared. (Puts hand on heart) I was able to use my love to connect with her love, then I used the energy of that love to mimic my mother’s spiritual energy.

Kiyomi: Is that really possible?

Sabrina: It shouldn’t be, but I suppose it is. I mean love it a type of spiritual connection. I suppose learning to manipulate that spiritual connection can give someone control of spiritual energy. But in order to do that, the type of love needed to do such a thing is impossible to describe.

Kiyo: You truly are amazing, Tye.

Tyreese: I try.

Kiyo: Should we finally end this fight?

Tyreese: I put all of my energy into this one blast.

Kiyo: Same here.

(Tyreese forms a black ball in his hand. Kiyo forms a fireball in his hand. The two of them rush at each other and smash their two blasts together. The intensity of the impact causes an explosion. Tyreese is unconscious. Kiyo is on his back in pain.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) I’m sorry, Tyreese, but you were fighting for your mother’s approval. You wanted to show her you weren’t weak. For that exact reason, I couldn’t hold back. I had to do my best. But trust me when I say I was rooting for you to win the entire time. Deep down in my heart, I was rooting for you to beat me.

(Tyreese is in an all-white dream world with his mother. He sits in shame as his mother stands beside him.)

Tyreese: I failed you… I’m sorry.

Rayna: You’re such a looser, you know that? You need to stop beating yourself up and be a man. You’re not a little kid anymore, Tyreese. You win; you lose. That’s the way of life, that’s what happens to us all. You need to grasp that knowledge and never forget it. It’ll come in handy in the future.

Tyreese: Thanks, mom.

Rayna: (Puts hand on his shoulder and cracks a smile.) No problem, kid. Now get up. Work harder to defeat Kiyo. I know you can do it.

Tyreese: (Smiles) Yeah.

Rayna: You fought bravely and you never gave up. Even after you had no strength left, you pushed yourself to continue on. You have the heart or a true fighter; you just have a few rough patches to work on. And for that… I am proud of you.

(Tyreese’s unconscious body cracks a smile. Kiyo then passes out a few seconds later)

(3 days later)

(Kiyo wakes up in a stranger’s bed in a cabin. The cabin is in the middle of a grassy field that goes on for miles. Nini is curled up on Kiyo’s chest. She smiles and clenches on to Kiyo’s face as tight as she can in excitement. Kiyo walks into the kitchen of the cabin and sees Kiyomi, Eli, Mizuki, and Aiko, sitting at the table. They’re all extremely happy to see him. They all run up to Kiyo and give him a huge group hug. All their weight causes Kiyo to fall over and hit the ground.)

Kiyo: Am I going to have to wake up every morning to getting trampled on?

Kiyomi: (Smiles with excitement) Only on the days we feel like showing you some love! We missed you so much!

Aiko: I’m so glad you’re not hurt.

Eli: We should go outside and have a sparring match.

Kiyo: (Excited) Alright!

(Kiyo stands up heroically and throws everyone off him. They all land on their butts, but Eli lands on his face.)

Kiyo: I’m always up for a fight! Let’s do this!

Kiyomi: (Smiles) You’re just like me, little brother (Stands up). You’ve been in a 3 day coma and all you can think about is fighting. You really are my twin brother.

Aiko: Maybe you should rest, Kiyo. You may still need to heal.

Kiyo: Serious; three days? Huh, that must be why I’m so hungry.

Kiyomi: Hey, have you guys seen that blue jacket that I always wear around my waist? I can’t find it anywhere.

Kiyo: How did you get that jacket anyway?

Kiyomi: Well (Chuckles nervously) It’s kind of a funny story. You see after Aiko tried to kill me and made me go blind I was hanging on a branch in a waterfall. I fell off and the branch tore my clothes. Eli gave me his jacket to help me cover up.

Eli: Yeah, I remember that.

Kiyomi: You were so obsessed with protecting me that night.

Eli: (Smiles) Well we’re family; I’m always here to protect you.

(Kiyo and Eli are throwing various punches and kicks at each other from outside of the cabin. They seem excited. Kiyomi is sitting at a table drinking tea and smiling as she watches them spar.)

Kiyomi: (Sips tea and thinks) After 3 days, your already up and fighting again, little brother. You really are something. (Cracks a smile) But even after the battles I’ve seen you fight, I know that you can’t beat me. If I was ever seriously trying to kill you in battle, you wouldn’t stand a chance.

(Aiko comes out of nowhere and screams in Kiyomi’s ear as loud as she can with excitement.)

Aiko: HEY! WHAT’S HAPPENING, FRIEND?!

(Kiyomi gets startled and falls out of her chair.)

Kiyomi: (Holds ear in pain) Do you really have to scream like that, Aiko?! Seriously, I’m right next to you.

Aiko: I know you are, but I’m just so excited! Whoever lived in this cabin has an awesome collection of dollies! I can’t wait to go play with them. (Runs away)

Kiyomi: (To self) Uh, “dollies”… Seriously?

(Kiyomi walks into the back room and sees Aiko on the floor playing with two dolls.)

Aiko: Hey, Kiyomi, you made it just in time! Would you like to be the first guest for the wedding? Doll romance is always just oh so special.

(Kiyomi has a WTF look on her face. Moments later, Kiyomi walks up to Kiyo outside. Eli is washing his face in a bird bath and having a splash fight with Mizuki. Kiyo is relaxing under a shady tree. Nini is cuddled on his chest sleeping.)

Kiyomi: Kiyo, we need to talk about Aiko. (Sits down and crosses legs) I just saw her playing with dolls. She’s giving them a wedding.

Kiyo: (Closes his eyes and sounds relaxed) Leave her alone. Let Aiko have her fun.

Kiyomi: I’m serious, Kiyo. Listen, Aiko is what… like 17, 18 years old? She shouldn’t be playing with dolls.

(Aiko walks past Kiyo and Kiyomi with a huge dead grizzly bear on her back.)

Aiko: (Excited) Hey, guys, lookie what I just killed.

Kiyo: (Excited) Wow! That’s such a huge bear, Aiko! Please tell me that’s tonight’s dinner!

Aiko: (Winks) If you want it to be. (Giggles and walks away)
Kiyo: Sweet!

Kiyomi: Ok first of all; since when did bears live in the grasslands?

Kiyo: (Relaxes) I don’t know, but I’m sure it had a good reason for being here. Maybe his annoying sister interrupted his personal relaxation time, and he ran away from home to get some alone time.

Kiyomi: (Smiles) Alright, brother, I can take a hint; I’ll let you enjoy your “Kiyo Time”.

(Kiyomi walks back inside the cabin and sees Aiko gutting the grizzly bear alive. She uses her dagger to cut its stomach open and blood shoots all over Aiko’s face. Kiyomi looks disgusted. Aiko laughs at the blood all over her.)

Aiko: Looks like I made a very, very big mess. (Continues to laugh loudly)

(Kiyomi looks a bit creped out. Aiko licks the blood off her face and grins. Kiyomi looks disturbed.)

Aiko: (Excited) Gee I hope I don’t get sick from drinking the blood of this wild and possibly disease-infested animal! (Licks blood off her shirt)

(Kiyomi runs outside and accidently throws up on Eli’s shirt.)

Eli: (Sad) Awe, I just washed this shirt.

Kiyomi: I’m sorry, Eli.

Eli: Its fine, I’ll just have to find a new shirt. Which reminds me; we need new clothing. I mean after that battle with Nissa, our clothes are pretty ruined. Our group doesn’t even have extra clothes to wear. We have no money, no food, nothing. Kiyo needs to do better as our leader.

Kiyomi: Right… So anyway, listen, Elijah, have you noticed anything weird about Aiko lately?

Eli: Nope, she’s just as gross and disturbing as usual. (Smiles)

Kiyomi: I just saw her drinking… Never mind. Listen, we need…

(Kiyomi takes the jacket from off her waist and hands it to Eli. Eli takes his shirt off and puts the blue jacket on.)

Eli: Thank you, friend! Now what were you saying?

Kiyomi: We need to do something about Aiko. Her mentality is unstable and-

(Aiko screams in Kiyomi’s ear and scares Kiyomi.)

Aiko: HI, BUDDY!

(Kiyomi screams)

Aiko: Oops, I’m sorry, did I frighten you?

Kiyomi: A little… Maybe…

Aiko: So what’s going on? What are my best-est buddies talking about?

Kiyomi: We were… Just talking about how we needed new clothes.

Aiko: No problem, just leave that to me! I learned a lot of skills from a few tailors I’ve killed. I still have box filled with their skin and blood samples if you wanna see?!

Kiyomi: Um… No thank you.

Eli: Sure!

Aiko: I like you, Eli. You’re so optimistic and full of joy. There’s not one moment I don’t see you with a smile slapped across your face.

Eli: (Blushes) What can I say, this is how I was born.

Kiyomi: Aiko… Why do you have skin and blood in a box? Seriously, who does that?

Aiko: Hahahaha, you just don’t understand cause you’re so silly. I’ll see you later, bye, bye!

(Later that night)

(Everyone is at the dinner eating, except for Aiko. The quiet cabin has a faint sound of wood burning in the flickering fireplace.)

Kiyomi: Hey, has anyone seen Aiko? I haven’t seen her all day since she told me about her box.

Eli: Now that you mention it, I haven’t seen her either.

(Kiyo bows his head in silence. He stares at his food with a blank stare.)

Eli: Wow, Kiyo, you haven’t touched your food at all.

Kiyomi: Fore once you show some manors. But you’re amongst family. You don’t need manors. (Stuffs her face with meat)

Kiyo: I’m gonna go find Aiko. You guys just stay here and enjoy your food.

(Kiyo walks away in depression. He runs back and grabs his meat. He takes a bite with a hug smile on his face. After a few seconds, he instantly gets depressed again and walks away. Aiko is sitting alone in her room. She’s surrounded by flickering candles which circle around her. She is meditating in the center. The room is dark and peaceful. Kiyo opens the door and sees Aiko quietly meditating. He feels bad for her. He slowly closes the door then goes back to the dinner table. He rudely stuffs his face with meat. Eli and Kiyomi can’t help but to quietly stare at Kiyo as he eats.)

Kiyomi: So uh… Did you find her?

Kiyo: Yep!

Kiyomi: Is she alright?

Kiyo: Nope!

Kiyomi: What’s wrong with her then?

Kiyo: Go find out yourself.

Kiyomi: Alright then. (Stands up) Don’t touch my food while I’m gone, Kiyo.

(Kiyomi looks down at her plate and Nini is pigging out. She stops to stare at Kiyomi with a guilty look for a few seconds. Nini then pigs out again for 3 seconds. She stops and looks at Kiyomi. She screams at Kiyomi and runs under the table with her meat.)

Kiyomi: Kiyo…

Kiyo: Hey, you said for me not to touch it. You didn’t say anything to anyone else.

Kiyomi: Fine I guess you’re right. I’ll be back shortly. Save me some that’s leftover in the pot. That includes you, Nini!

(Nini is about to dive in the pot of food. She stops then gets sad. She runs under the table then into Kiyo’s lap. Kiyo gives Nini a small piece of his meat and the two of them smile.)

Kiyomi: Nini is one cute fox; I’ll give her that.

(Kiyomi walks into Aiko’s quiet room. She sits next to Aiko and crosses her legs. Aiko opens her eyes, but doesn’t make eye contact with Kiyomi. She just stares at the floor.)

Aiko: You don’t understand, Kiyomi. You don’t understand how it feels living like this. You have no idea how it feels to have my mentality. I’m like a frightened little rabbit. You have no idea what I have to go through everyday… Sometimes I just want to give up and die. But there’s a reason why I’m still alive. There’s a reason why I live: Kill Nissa and find Jason. Jason has always been there for me. But he never truly cared. He only wanted to use me. Now he wants me dead, and I need to know why.

Kiyomi: Aiko-

Aiko: Let me finish, please, Kiyomi… I have no sympathy for you, for Eli, or anyone else. The only people who will ever be of any importance to my life are Kiyo, Nissa and Jason. I could slit your throat right now, watch you bleed all over the floor and not even care. Watching the light slowly fade from your eyes will stimulate me. It would make me feel good in ways you would be disturbed to hear. I’ve watched many people die, and yeah, I know I’m sick in the head, but you know what… At least I’m not hiding who I am. I’m not afraid to show the world my true colors.

Kiyomi: You’re dealing with darkness, Aiko. I understand how that feels. I use to go through the same thing. I know how it feels.

Aiko: No you don’t… My darkness has a name. Its evil is indescribable. It’s terrifying. It tells me when it wants to come out and feed. It’s alive… And it wants my soul.

Kiyomi: (Grabs Aiko’s hand) You and I are sisters, Aiko. Whatever demons you may face, I’ll be right there by your side helping you every step of the way. I’m sorry for what I said earlier, and I’m sorry that I thought you were weird and sick in the head. I should’ve accepted you for your darkness. After all; that’s what families do right? (Smiles)

Aiko: (Turns to look at Kiyomi then turns away.) Yeah…

Kiyomi: Aiko, I’m sorry for judging you okay. I realize now, that you should never judge a person, no matter how weird they may seem or different they are compared to the rest of society. Because you don’t know what that person goes through, or how they think, or feel. You don’t have the right to judge anyone unless you know what they’ve been through and understand their mentality and pain.

(Kiyomi hugs Aiko. Aiko is surprised but she isn’t sure how she feels.)

Kiyomi: I accept you, Aiko. I love and accept you 100 percent.

Aiko: Thank you, Kiyomi…

(Aiko passes out. The candle in the room blow away and the room grows dark. Aiko stands in front of an iron prison cell. The Cell is filled with darkness and the deep growl of an angry demented being. Aiko stands in a pool of blood higher than her ankles. She stands in front of the cage with no emotion; no fear. Piercing glowing blood-red eyes appear in the darkness of the iron bars.)

Demon: Your soul and your body belong to me. You will obey my every demand and worship me. I made you who you are today. I saved you from falling into the pits of hell. I’ve saved your worthless pathetic life countless times, and protected you from those around you who wanted you dead. If it wasn’t for me, you would be dead. Be grateful for what I’ve given you and pay your debts to me. You are not strong enough to get rid of me. I am forever locked inside of your mind. Obey me, and things will work in your favor. It always does...

(Aiko is emotionless and quiet.)

Demon: Now, obey me. Listen to the words I speak to you… Or I will make you relive the moment of your parents death.

Aiko: I will obey your every demand… You are my master, my ruler, my protector.

Demon: Kiyomi is a threat to me. Kill her. Take her life away and show no mercy.

Aiko: Yes, master. (Aiko’s eyes turn red)

Demon: Good. Let me have control of your body. Let my darkness seep into your flesh and blood.

Aiko: I will… Kill Kiyomi…

(Aiko turns around and Kiyo holds her in his arms. The room of shadows and blood is silent for 10 seconds. The blood remains like still water.)

Kiyo: You disappoint me, Aiko… I never thought you would be so weak to fall victim to this jerk. I always thought you were strong enough to fight off your darkness. I see I was dead wrong.

Aiko: He has control over my mind, my emotions… I have no control over him.

Kiyo: You have control over him by not letting him have control over you. My darkness is stronger than this… And not once have I been afraid of it. Fear only makes demons stronger. You have a family now. Eli, Kiyomi, and I are your new family. We love you, and we will be here for you to help fight this darkness.

Aiko: Kiyomi said the same thing.

Kiyo: Aiko… Come with me back to the light, or die right now where you stand. Make your choice.

Aiko: I choose…

Demon: Choose wisely, Aiko… Make the wrong choice; I will make your life a living hell.

Aiko: … I choose… The darkness…

(Aiko backs away from Kiyo with tears falling from her eyes.)

Aiko: I’m sorry, Kiyo, but I’m just too afraid to… (Runs and embraces Kiyo again.) I choose you… I choose the light.

(Kiyo shoots a flamethrower from out of his hand and sets the blood around them on fire. The fire heads straight into the cage and the demon is burned alive. It screams and roars at the top of its lungs in pain. Aiko wakes up in the arms of Kiyomi. Kiyomi gives her a smile of relief.)

Aiko: Where’s Kiyo?

Kiyomi: Kiyo’s at the dinner table waiting for you, silly.

Aiko: Right… So he was never in here then?

Kiyomi: Nope, not at all.

Aiko: You really are a great friend, you know that, Kiyomi? I could just kiss you right now!

Kiyomi: Well it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve kissed a girl… (Smiles) But I think I’ll pass this time. I’m starving right now.

Aiko: Yeah me too. Pretending to meditate really builds up an appetite.

(Both begin to laugh. In the kitchen, Kiyo is sitting at the dinner table with Eli sitting across. Eli is shocked by how fast Kiyo is eating. Kiyo stops eating to take a rest.)

Eli: Are you alright there, Kiyo? I think you just spaced there for a second.

Kiyo: Yeah I just went somewhere for a few minutes, but my body was still eating haha. Maybe we’ll share that story for another time, alright?

Eli: (Smiles) Alright, sure.

(In the back room)

Aiko: So would you like to see my collection of blood samples and skin?

Kiyomi: Uh, sure, why not?

Aiko: (Giggles) I don’t have any, silly hahaha. I left everything back in my room in the city of light.

Kiyomi: Well when we get there, I want to see them, okay?

Aiko: (Smiles) Alright thanks, friend.

(Both hug)

TO BE CONTINUED…