Status: active

Kiyo Nakamoto

Kiyo Nakamoto Episode Nineteen: Surviving the Chaos, Underground Brawl

Tyreese: So what’s going to happen next? Should we continue the fight?

Kiyo: If you ask me, I say we should, but it wouldn’t be a wise choice. The two of us were already exhausted and drained of energy when we first walked into the arena. Well I fell in, but you get the point.

Tyreese: The crowd is cheering for us to continue this match. I’m sure you don’t want to disappoint them, do you?

Kiyo: Man, I’d love to finish this fight. And I would hate to disappoint the people. But we’ve already used up too much energy. The only reason why we’re still conscious right now is because we’re using spiritual energy to keep us awake. By the way, how did you learn to use Spiritual energy? Rayna never taught you.

Tyreese: When I passed out earlier, I talked to my mother in a dream. She told me that she loved me. You have no idea how big of a smile I got and how my heart tingled from hearing her tell me that she cared. (Puts hand on heart) I was able to use my love to connect with her love, then I used the energy of that love to mimic my mother’s spiritual energy.

Kiyomi: Is that really possible?

Sabrina: It shouldn’t be, but I suppose it is. I mean love it a type of spiritual connection. I suppose learning to manipulate that spiritual connection can give someone control of spiritual energy. But in order to do that, the type of love needed to do such a thing is impossible to describe.

Kiyo: You truly are amazing, Tye.

Tyreese: I try to be.

Kiyo: Should we finally end this fight?

Tyreese: I put all of my energy into this one blast.

Kiyo: Same here.

(Tyreese forms a black ball in his hand. Kiyo forms a fireball in his hand. The two of them rush at each other and smash their two blasts together. The intensity of the impact causes an explosion. Tyreese and Kiyo fly in opposite directions across the ring. The two of them lie on the ground. Both of them seem to be unconscious. Kiyo’s body slightly twitches a few seconds before he passes out. Tyreese passes out instantly which means Kiyo wins the fight by staying conscious half a second longer. The room grows silent. The crowd is on the edge. They impatiently look upon the two wounded challengers waiting to see which one gets up first. Kiyo’s fingers slightly twitch 3 more times.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) I’m sorry, Tyreese, but you were fighting for your mother’s approval. You wanted to show her you weren’t weak. For that exact reason, I couldn’t hold back. I had to do my best. But trust me when I say I was rooting for you to win the entire time. Deep down in my heart, I was rooting for you to beat me.

(Tyreese is in an all-white dream world with his mother. He sits in shame as his mother stands beside him.)

Tyreese: I failed you… I’m sorry.

Rayna: You’re such a loser, you know that? You need to stop beating yourself up and be a man. You’re not a little kid anymore, Tyreese. You win; you lose. That’s the way of life; that’s what happens to us all. You need to grasp that knowledge and never let it go. It’ll come in handy in your future.

Tyreese: Thank you… mother.

Rayna: (Puts hand on his shoulder and cracks a smile) No problem, kid. Now get up. Work harder to defeat Kiyo next time. I know you can do it.

Tyreese: (Smiles) Yeah.

Rayna: You fought bravely and you never gave up. Even after you had no strength left, you pushed yourself to continue on. You have the heart of a true fighter; you just have a few rough patches to work on, and for having the heart of a true fighter… I am proud of you.

(Tyreese’s unconscious body cracks a smile. Kiyo then passes out a few seconds later.)

Rayna: (Thinking) The two of them were not at their full power when they fought. But you still did well, son. Just don’t let losing be a habit.

(Aiko is standing with her hands up to her mouth. She looks scared and worried for Kiyo.)

Aiko: Kiyo… Please get up.

Kiyomi: Kiyo will be fine, Aiko. This fight was just a warm up. Kiyo and I are connected. I can feel the tension between him and Tyreese. The day the two of them have a serious battle, an entire city will be reduced to ruins. The two of them have a lot more power then what we’ve seen here today.

(Aiko jumps into the arena and runs up to Kiyo. She falls to her knees and holds his head up on her thigh. She begins to softly rub his hair.)

Aiko: Everything will be okay, Kiyo. I’ll take care of you.

(Five guards walk up to Aiko.)

Guard1: Ma’am, we’re gonna have to ask you to step away from the culprit.

Aiko: What; Culprit?!

Guard1: He was engaging in an illegal underground brawl. He has committed a crime and therefore, must be arrested by law.

Aiko: If you’re going to arrest him, then you might as well arrest me too. Only… You won’t get the chance, because I’ll kill you. I haven’t killed someone in a long time and you have no idea how much I ache for it. (Grins and looks down) Do you think you can draw your weapons faster than I can slit your throats?

Guard1: I’d rather not take that bet, miss. All we want is to take him in. Please let us just do our jobs in peace, and no one has to get hurt.

Aiko: Kiyo’s hurt… Did you forget about him? (Stares at the guards with eyes of bloodlust)

Guard2: Enough of this! Let’s just kill the girl and get it over with!

(All five of the guards get sliced in half instantly from the torso. They all fall to the ground instantly. Jiro is on one knee with his back faced toward Aiko. Blood drops off the tip of his sword. Jiro wipes the blood off with his other hand and puts his sword away. He stands and turns to Aiko. He gives her a smile.)

Jiro: Are you surprised to see me?

Aiko: (Smiles) Not really. I’m an assassin, remember? I notice things most people don’t. I knew you were here all along.

Jiro: Listen, we need to get out of this place; Kiyo needs to rest up.

Aiko: Right.

(Rayna has vanished from the crowd. She’s wandering alone down a quiet tunnel. She remains alert. She feels the pressure of an unwanted presents. She comes to an instant stop. The room continues to grow silent for a few seconds. She looks down at the ground. The faint voices of crying souls can be heard throughout the tunnel. A being dashes through the tunnel at an insane speed. Rayna looks straight ahead. The being continues to rush through the tunnels. The faint voices fade away into the darkness of at the end of the tunnels. The unknown being dashes faster and faster. It rushes out of the darkness of the tunnels and dashes at Rayna full speed. The being comes to an instant stop with his face inches away from Rayna’s. Rayna shows no fear and stands with her battle face on. The being standing before her is the man known as Phantom. The two make eye contact and Phantom gives Rayna a menacing grin.)

Phantom: Watch it next time; I could have taken your head off. It would’ve made a nice little souvenir for my collection.

Rayna: A sick man you are, Phantom. You prey on those who are weak and can’t defend themselves.

Phantom: They can defend themselves, just not against me.

Rayna: One of these days, I’ll kill you. You will suffer for the burdens you have bestowed upon others; for the pain, the misery, the death.

Phantom: (Turns around and walks a few steps while talking) Oh come now, Ray; since when did you care for the wellbeing of others? You and I are not so different. You have a dark side too.

Rayna: I’ve changed my ways. I’m trying to redeem myself. I’m trying to be a better mother and a better savior.

Phantom: (Stops walking and turns to face Rayna) You are not the savior of this world.

Rayna: Maybe not, but I can at least do my part in helping its people.

Phantom: (Turns around and closes his eyes) Rayna, explain to me why you haven’t killed me yet.

Rayna: You know why I haven’t killed you.

Phantom: Unfortunately for you, I do know why. That is your weakness, Rayna: Your heart. Ever since Tyreese was born, the evil in your heart became weaker. You became soft and cared too much for the everyday people. You’re not as ruthless as you once were.

Rayna: (Defensive) My son being born has nothing to do with my dark side!

Phantom: (Turns to face Rayna) Of course it does! You’re too afraid to kill! If you want to save this world, you must destroy the evil which inhabits it.

Rayna: You are my worst enemy, Phantom, but it will be my son who will kill you. My son will become stronger than I am. He will become a true warrior and become one of the worlds’ strongest.

Phantom: Oh how poetic. (Turns to face Rayna) You can’t finish your own battles, so you let your son finish them for you.

Rayna: I only want my son to be strong. He needs to be strong for the future.

Phantom: You’re just afraid to admit you’re weak.

Rayna: (Eyes turn dark green) I’m not weak.

Phantom: (Eyes turn green) Then prove it!

(Phantom smashes his hand against the ground. A green energy surrounds the area. It spreads faster and faster.)

Rayna: Tyreese!

(Rayna dashes back down the tunnel. She keeps running at full speed non-stop.)

Rayna: (Thinking) He’s sending this green energy toward Tyreese’s body! I have to get to him quick!

Phantom: You can’t run from me!

(Phantom’s body comes out of one of the walls in front of Rayna. He tries to clothesline her with his fist. She ducks. He tries to trip her, she does a flip. He comes out of a wall to grab her when she’s in mid-air with two hands. She kicks him in the face and lands on her feet. She doesn’t slow down; she keeps running. She gets to the arena where everyone is. All of the people in the room have become pale and dead. They all moan and their eyes are cold and dead. Everyone stares at Rayna. They reach their hands at her and slowly walk toward her. Phantom is standing behind Rayna.)

Rayna: (Nervous) Since when were you able to turn live people into zombies?

Phantom: (Chuckles) Oh, Rayna, there’s so much I am capable of doing that not even you know about.

Rayna: (Angry) I swear, if you did anything to my son-

Phantom: Your son is fine. I’ve only turned the weak ones into my undead slaves.

Rayna: Let me guess what your plan is: You want me to fight to stay alive and kill these people, just to prove your point that I can’t kill anymore?

Phantom: Nothing so complicated. I only want to see these poor innocent people die and suffer. They may be zombies, but these people still know who they are. They are fully aware of what’s going on around them they just can’t control their own bodies. You have no choice but to kill these innocent people. If you refuse to kill them, your son will die.

Rayna: (Fists begin to shake) You’re cold, Phantom. But you forget; the love I have for Tyreese has no limit. These people mean nothing to me. If they must suffer so my son may live, then so be it.

(Rayna opens her palms. One hand holds a black ball of energy; the other holds a white ball. Black and white energy begins to swirl around her body and create a small gust of wind.)

Rayna: (Angry) I’m sick of falling to my knees for you. I bow to no one, Phantom. You of all people should know that I am independent! I stand alone! I’ll admit that my feelings have clouded my judgment, but I will never forget who I am. You dare threaten my son… (Turns to Phantom with eyes of cold steel) I will make you suffer!

Phantom: (Chuckles) My undead army… I command you to kill Tyreese. I order the five guards to awake from your eternal sleep and attack Kiyo’s friends. Do not let them interfere. Let your wounds heal!

Rayna: Let’s do this!

(Kiyomi, Eli, Aiko, Jiro, Nini, Mizuki, Sabrina, and Joseph, stand close to each other. They’re all nervous and confused, except for Sabrina and Joseph.)

Joseph: So this is… death. It feels quite comforting actually.

Sabrina: Soon I will be joining them. My sister is all that matters to me and I must give up my life to save her.

Aiko: Kiyomi, you can’t let them hurt Kiyo.

Kiyomi: Got it. We need Tyreese’s body as well. We need to get him out of here.

Aiko: Which way is the exit?

Kiyomi: I have no clue…

Joseph: I can get us out of here. Just don’t fall behind.

Kiyomi: You guys better cover your mouths. I’m going to use a forbidden technique I learned. A kind old woman taught me this technique, but sadly she died when demonstrating it to me.

Eli: Wait, are you going to wipe all of them out with a single attack?

Kiyomi: (Smiles at Eli) I am, Elijah.

Eli: Wow, way to ruin all the fun.

Aiko: This is a perfect opportunity to kill people in creative ways and have fun doing it! Please let us have fun and kill them one at a time.

Kiyomi : There’s like a whole army of those things… (Sighs) Fine, let’s have some fun.

(Rayna charges the energy balls in her palm. Her face is filled with intensity as she glares at Phantom. Phantom stares with an evil grin; tempting her to make the first move. Rayna aims her palms at Phantom and slams the two blasts into each other. The ball in her hand begins to spin faster and faster into a Ying-Yang symbol. The ball turns into a beam of energy and Rayna shoots it out at Phantom in an instant. Phantom opens his mouth and a green blast shoots out. The two blasts collide. Rayna constantly stands and puts more energy into the blast. Phantom does the same thing. The two are evenly matched. Phantom is unexpectedly punched through his back and the arm comes out of his chest. The arm is holding his beating black heart. The arm comes out of his body and it appears to be Rayna standing behind him holding his heart. Her eyes are purple and calm. There appears to be two Raynas now because one is still putting energy into her blast.)

Rayna: (Standing behind Phantom) You’re a tough man, Phantom, but I doubt even you can survive heartbreak?

(Rayna squeezes Phantom’s heart in her palm and the heart turns to black mist. The mist jumps into the mouth and nose of the Rayna standing behind him. The mist causes her body to instantly takes the form of a rotting skeleton. Her body rapidly melts away to the ground. The other Rayna seems to be still putting energy into the blast as it clashes with Phantom’s. Phantom feels no effect from getting his heart ripped out.)

Phantom: Cloning technique. Wow, Rayna, I never thought you were a thief. You’ve been stealing my moves.

Rayna: I’m a spirit user, remember? No technique is out of my reach!

(Rayna puts all of her power into the blast. Phantom’s body gets completely swallowed up by the attack. His body melts away. Rayna stops using the blast and lowers her hand. Her palms are smoking with heat.)

Phantom: Nice light show; my turn now.

(Rayna turns around and Phantom puts his palm to her face. He blasts her all the way down the tunnel. She screams out in pain as she’s being pushed. Her body hits the wall and she seems to have passed out. Phantom slowly walks down the hall with a smile on his face.)

Phantom: I didn’t think it would be this easy taking you down. You, like so many other women, are weak. I will enjoy destroying you.

(Rayna’s melted clone body turns into a type of quicksand. As Phantom unknowingly walks over it, it sucks his ankles in and traps him in the sand.)

Phantom: Err! What is this?!

(Rayna stands up and instantly dashes closer to Phantom to about 20 feet.)

Rayna: This is your downfall!

(The quicksand shines with a blue aura of light.)

Phantom: What is this?! Why can’t I phase through it?!

Rayna: Cause I’m in control now, Phantom. This final move shall end this.

Phantom: (Grins) Do your worse! I fear no creature that is below me!

(Rayna slowly walks closer and closer to Phantom as she talks.)

Rayna: Because I’m a woman, you say I am below you. But I have the upper hand. I control you like a brainless puppet. You are blind to see the truth of this fight! Allow me to make it clear for you.

(Rayna walks up to Phantom and gives him a hug.)

Rayna: See ya’…

(Rayna’s eyes begin to close. Her body explodes in an instant. Phantom yells out in pain. Rayna is standing at the end of the tunnel with Tyreese unconscious over her shoulder. She has a serious look in her eyes.)

Rayna: (Thinking) You never even noticed that you were fighting two clones this entire time, Phantom. The real me was never in battle at all. I went to go get Tyreese’s body back from the arena, as soon as you turned these people into zombies. The day will come when we fight again, my old rival, but for now, I say goodbye. (Dashes away)

(Jiro cuts one of the undead in half. His organs instantly come together and the body reforms. Eli super punches a zombie and all of his limbs fly off his body. The parts begin to float in the air and reform the body. The zombies get closer and closer. Everyone starts to get nervous.)

Aiko: These things are getting way to close for comfort. Perhaps we should just run and forget about fun time?!

Kiyomi: They’re completely surrounding us. I’m not entirely sure how we’re gonna get out of this! I don’t even know where Tyreese’s body is anymore! I can’t see anything!

Joseph: Kiyomi, use your wind to lift everyone off the ground except me.

Kiyomi: You better have a good plan!

(Kneels down and puts her hand on the ground. The dust begins to kick up and create a dust tornado.)

Joseph: That wasn’t really my plan, but improvising is always much more exciting.

(Joseph slams his hand on the ground.)

Joseph: You cold-blooded undead freaks! I will send you, to an icy grave!

(Ice comes out of his palm and the ground begins to rapidly freeze around the group. The dust tornado begins to freeze as well. The group is completely surrounded and protected by a very tall round block of ice.)

Sabrina: That was my father’s technique. I’m guessing you killed you?

Joseph: I did kill your father, Sabrina; is that a problem?

Sabrina: No; just as long as Jane is unharmed, my mood goes unchanged.

Aiko: You’re so cold and heartless. I think I’m starting to like you. Just don’t mess with Kiyo, got it?!

Eli: Speaking of cold; how long will we have to stay in this ice tornado for?

Joseph: Its not an ice tornado because technically the ice isn’t spinning. Anyway, allow me to give you a demonstration of my newly obtained abilities.

(Joseph squeezes his palms and the ice wall shattered into piece. The shards come close to cutting everyone’s face, but they all stop in mid air. The entire ice wall turns into shattering shards. Joseph lifts up the shards with his mind.)

Joseph: Embrace death by Joseph!

(The shards shoot out at every direction and stab every zombie in the head. The zombies all fall to the ground. Not a single one is left sanding.)

Joseph: Aren’t you glad you have me around?

Jiro: Well aren’t you just Mr. Cool? No pun intended. I bet I could still beat you in a fight.

Joseph: Maybe a fight between us will go underway. The future is full of surprises.

Aiko: We need to get Kiyo out of here now.

(Three people fall from the ceiling and crash into the ground in front of the group. The three stand on their feet and glare directly at Aiko.)

Aiko: My old team; fancy meeting you all here.

Nissa: I’ll admit I was weak during my fight with Kiyo, but the next time we meet, results will not be the same.

Aiko: (Smiles) You’re right, Nissa, cause next time, I will be the one to kill you. I have friends now who will help me and be there for me. They’ll make me stronger. They will help me obtain the strength needed to end your life. I can’t wait to kill you and watch the guts ooze from your body, and the blood leak from your decapitated head.

Nissa: Big words for such a small insect. Did you forget what you were when I found you? I created you. Everything you are is because of me. You being an assassin was my choice. I made you the person you are today; I can destroy you. I will drain every inch of blood from your body and leave your corpse on a wasteland.

Aiko: Blah, blah, blah, I’ve heard it all before. You’re not the first one to try and intimidate me by threatening my life. And you wouldn’t be the first to die after them either.

Nissa: (Turns his back) No I’m not. I’ll be waiting for you, Aiko. I’m curious to see if the apprentice can surpass the teacher.

Aiko: Before you leave, answer me just one question: How is your body completely healed?

Nissa: Zazu and Serenade healed me back to health. I shall thank them later for their generosity and true commitment to their leader.

Joseph: Zazu. I’ve seen you before in a tournament. The rules said no killing allowed. But you didn’t care. You killed that poor man with no remorse; that poor innocent man.

Zazu: Not that it’s any of your business, but that man a suspected witness of a previous assassination.

Joseph: I can see it in you that you have great power. Perhaps we should fight in the future; after I’ve obtained more abilities of course. I just need to find a few more nobodies to murder.

Nissa: You kill people and take their power. Sounds to me like you and Osmodeus have the same ability. You too must be from the same clan.

Joseph: What do you know of my clan, or my family blood trait?

Nissa: More than you know kid…

(Nissa, Zaza, and Serenade disappear in an instant.)

Kiyomi: Come on; let’s get Kiyo out of here.

Joseph: There’s a cabin we can go to in the middle of the grasslands. We can take him there. The owner isn’t a big fan of visitors, so we’ll have to kill him, and by us, I mean me.

Sabrina: Fine. We’ll rest up and get our clothes fixed. We’ll wait for Kiyo to wake up, then we’ll continue to the Dark Castle.

Kiyomi: We’re actually going to the city of light. We plan on assassinating Kaji.

Joseph: If he had a power, I would so just kill him myself.

Kiyomi: I’d kill you before you got the chance. Joseph is my kill! I have to be the one to end him, understand?!

Joseph: Sure I do. But I don’t care… Do you understand?

Jiro: Fighting will get us nowhere; let’s get out of here. Kaji’s city wasn’t too far from the Royal city, but unfortunately, when we fell into the underground cave, the trails in the cave led us miles away from our previous location. We have a ways to go before we get to Kaji.

Sabrina: I need your help if I’m going to get to my sister safely, so wherever the group goes, I will follow.

(Four days have passed. Kiyo wakes up in an unknown bedroom. Kiyo walks outside and sees that there is nothing but grass for miles and miles. He looks back and sees he’s at a cabin. Joseph and Sabrina both walk up to Kiyo.)

Joseph: That battle must have worn you out; you’ve been sleeping for four days straight.

Kiyo: (Scratches back of head) Listen, Joseph, how long will you be traveling with us?

Joseph: Sabrina and I are just traveling with you ‘till we find the Dark Castle. Once we reach our destination, Sabrina will give up her soul so her sister will take over her body. When we’re done with that, we’ll be out of your hair.

Kiyo: Somehow I doubt that.

Sabrina: Kiyo, I trust we will be continuing our travels shortly?

Kiyo: I know how much you want to save your sister, Sabrina. We’ll get moving soon, okay.

(Kiyo walks beside the cabin and Sees Kiyomi and Aiko talking. Kiyomi is excited to see Kiyo when she first lays eyes on him.)

Kiyomi: (Excited) Hey, brother; nice to see you’re awake.

Kiyo: (Smiles) Sorry, I know I sleep a lot. It’s just in my blood ya know?

Kiyomi: Yeah I know. (Gives Kiyo a hug)

Kiyo: (Confused) Uh…

(Kiyomi stops hugging him and pokes his forehead.)

Kiyo: Ouch!

Kiyomi: (Chuckles) Kiyo, that fight you had with Tyreese earned us some money. Thanks to you, we were able to get our clothes repaired. We still have a lot of money left over.

Kiyo: (Serious) Good. Call everyone to the grass field. I’m the leader of this group, so I need to start acting like it. I’m going to assign everyone a duty.

(Minutes later, Kiyo, Kiyomi, Eli, Jiro, Aiko, Nini, Mizuki, Joseph, and Sabrina are sitting in a large circle under the sun. The wind is lightly blowing. Kiyo is in a serious mood.)

Kiyo: Alright, everyone’s here. So from what I understand, you’re a part of our group now right, Jiro?

Jiro: Yes, sir. I officially am.

Kiyo: Good. Jiro, our group will need money. In every town we go to, it will be your job to catch the bounties of criminals alright? You will not only hunt bad guys, but you’ll also hunt wild animals for us too.

Jiro: Awe, I like animals. But if killing them is my order, then I shall follow it through, my leader.

Kiyo: Jiro, you are a large part of this group. So that means, if you find a bounty target who you feel is innocent or should be set free, you tell the rest of the group because we will be depending on you for money.

Jiro: If it ever comes to that, I’ll be sure to tell you.

Kiyo: One more thing. You will be the group’s official swordsmen.

Jiro: I can live with that. (Holds sword in hands)

Kiyo: Elijah!

Elijah: (Gets serious) Yes, sir!

Kiyo: You will be the group’s physical fighter. You will also be our muscle. I know you’re just a kid, but you’re physically the strongest one here. That means, you will be our security and bodyguard.

Elijah: Sweet!

Kiyo: To intimidate people, you’ll need to show them how strong you are. Show them you’re not just some weak kid.

Elijah: Right, I’ll remember that. I shall demonstrate my power to intimidate.

Kiyo: You’re also good at reading maps and decoding secret messages from what you told me. So you will be our walking compass; telling us which direction to go.

Eli: Sounds easy enough. I won’t let you down.

Kiyo: Kiyomi, you will be in charge of keeping track of our group’s adventures. When we get to the next town, buy a journal and remember to keep track of everything we do.

Elijah: Maybe the journal can be written into a book someday!

Kiyo: Maybe, Eli.

Eli: That would be so awesome!

Kiyo: Kiyomi, you will also be in charge of keeping everyone’s weapons in tip top shape. You are a good blacksmith and you do pretty well with your weapon designs. You can create your own weapons so you will be our weapon specialist.

Kiyomi: Finally, my talents can be put to some good use.

Kiyo: Are there any other talents you may have that you aren’t telling me about?

Kiyomi: I am a great artist, and I’m a pretty good tailor, if I may say so.

Kiyo: Then you’re our artist and tailor. Whenever our clothing gets destroyed in battle, you can be there to repair them or make us new clothes.

Kiyomi: Yes sir, captain Kiyo.

Kiyo: Aiko, you will be our group’s assassin and doctor. As an assassin, I know you know a lot about poison and how to cure it. I’m sure you’ve learned more about lethal and helpful chemicals.

Aiko: I’m no profession, but I’ll do my best for you, Kiyo. I’ll be a good assassin, but I can’t make any promises about the doctor thing.

Kiyo: That’s understandable. But right now, you’re the closest thing we have to a medic, so you’ll have to do.

Aiko: Right. Yes, sir.

Kiyo: Nini will be the group’s second pet and thief.

(Nini climbs on Kiyo’s shoulders and Kiyo pets her.)

Kiyo: Nini is a cute innocent-looking fox. No one would suspect she’ll steal something.

Kiyomi: And what about my pet hawk Mizuki? Doesn’t he get a job?

(Mizuki patiently stands on Kiyomi’s head and awaits Kiyo’s response.)

Kiyo: I understand Mizuki use to be a spy for you, Kiyomi. He’ll be a spy for the group now. He can blend in with flocks of birds and he can identify targets from miles away.

(Mizuki chirps in happiness and spreads his wings for a few seconds.)

Kiyo: Now, a town is close by. We’ll go to that town, and each one of us will try out our new jobs. Since I’m the leader, I’ll be keeping tabs on everyone and make sure you’re all doing your jobs correctly.

Kiyomi: So you’re pretty much just gonna sit under a random tree and take a nap, right?

Kiyo: (Smiles) You read me like a book, Kiyomi.

Eli: Hey wait, the next town we get to is actually the city of Light.

Kiyo: Hmm… Then perhaps it’s not a good idea to try out our new assignments there. We want to keep a low profile.

Aiko: I can help you out with that!

Kiyo: (Smiles) Thanks, Aiko.

Kiyomi: Now we press forward to Light City!

Kiyo: (Thinking) Don’t worry Grandma Mai; I will avenge the death of Grandpa Wang. I still haven’t forgotten about what Kaji did. Kaji killed Wang and left the sword penetrated deep into his chest. A note was left for me. Kaji wanted me to turn myself in, or he would kill everyone in the village. I left the village to kill Kaji. But I wonder… Since I didn’t turn myself over to him, are the people in my village still alive? (Out loud) Mizuki, I have a job for you. I’m going to give you a letter. Fly it to the village where I grew up at.

Kiyomi: I thought you were isolated from the world all your life?

Kiyo: Oops, I must have forgotten to mention Kokoyashi Village (Chuckles). That’s where I use to socialize and eat most of the time.

Kiyomi: Right… Kaji killed Wang that one night. I was there with him, but I left right away.

Kiyo: I never knew you were there.

Kiyomi: I’m sorry I couldn’t prevent Wang’s death, but I will surely be there to help avenge it! You and I are partners, Kiyo!

(Both pound fists.)

Kiyo: Partners…

Kiyomi: Now let’s finally kill us a bad guy!

Kiyo: The mission to pursuit Kaji finally begins now!

TO BE CONTINUED…