Status: active

Kiyo Nakamoto

Kiyo Nakamoto Episode Two: Osmodeus, Forces of Evil/ Evil Within (Magnes Arc)

The Kaji/Kindred Saga:

The Magnes Arc:

“Chapter Two: Osmodeus, Forces of Evil/ The Evil Within”

Previously... Kiyo Nakamoto was only a boy when his parents were murdered in front of him. A man named Phantom was responsible. A woman named Rayna saved Kiyo's life and took him into training for the next 10 years. Kiyo trained to control his powers, and to be ready for any evil that may approach him. Kiyo's only ambitions are to destroy the man who killed his parents, and to bring them back to life using the mystical Gem of Croy. Eli is a young boy. The boy is a very skilled fighter. Capable of incredible speed and strength. He is very kind. He and an old lady have been together for a few days only, but the old lady became upset. She told Eli to leave the forest and travel to Seigen town. A man who was very close to Kiyo was murdered by a man named Kaji. Kaji left a letter for Kiyo. An army is heading for the village to kill everyone, but only if Kiyo does not agree to turn himself in and accept execution. A man who accidentally lured Kaji to the village: Jinrei; tells Kiyo about Seigen town. Kiyo decides to travel there to obtain firearms, which can be used to protect the village...

(Kiyo is in his bedroom. He has a brown single strap backpack on. He’s looking at a photo of him and a woman with short purple hair and a ponytail. The woman has her arms crossed and smirks away from the camera. The woman is revealed to be his sensei Rayna. Kiyo sighs and puts the photo in his bag. His surrogate grandmother, Mei, walks into his room. The two of them seem to tear up a bit at the thought of Kiyo leaving.)

Mei: I see you’re still looking at that old photo of you and Rayna. She did well training you.

Kiyo: She only taught me the basics of what my abilities are truly capable of like how to control my natural Kotota energy, and how to create my own fire by using my Kotoda energy. I still don’t know the extent of what I can do. But I hope to learn as I begin my travels.

Kiyo Narrating: There are selected individuals in this world who Many of us who have cursed blood, are capable of many different abilities. One of Rayna’s abilities allows her to sense danger andthe presents of evil. I wonder if I can do that too if I find my inner peace. That power is of course how she found me and saved me from Phantom 10 years ago when I was a child.

Mei: How much do you know about Kotodama energy, Kiyo-boy?

Kiyo: Rayna told me that she was only able to train me to level two of Kotodama. She says I must learn the next levels on my own. She’s a level 6 I believe. But she’s only shown me her level 4 techniques. Level 4 allows the user to control their natural Kotodama element and form it into a stabilized source of energy like a blast or sphere. My blasts would be red because of my fire abilities. However the blast would not necessarily be a blast of fire. It could just be a regular red beam of energy. Level one allows the user to control external forces of their kotodama power so like my level 1 allows me to control external flames like candles. Level 2 allow us to create our own energy source from whatever Kotodama energy type we are. For example, I’m fire so me at level two allows me to control and create fire.

Mei: So level one is controlling external energy and level two is creating and controlling internal energy.

Kiyo: That’s right. Rayna told me that she and Phantom have a past together. The two of them have been enemies for many years so I’m assuming Phantom is level 6 as well. (Looks down at his open palm) I haven’t unlocked level three yet. (Tightens fist) I have to get stronger somehow if I am to face him and win. Grandma Mei, you should know that once I deliver these weapons to you from Seigen Town, I’ll be on my way. This village must learn to protect itself from now on. (Zips backpack)

Mei: I’ve made you lunch for your travels.

(Mei hands Kiyo a blue napkin that’s tied up. Kiyo snatches it from her hands and drools a waterfall from his mouth.)

Kiyo: NO WAY! HOT DUMPLINS?!

Mei: (Smacks Kiyo in the back of the head and says aggressively) Mind your manners!

Kiyo: (Rubs back of head) Sorry, Grandma Ming. I just love your buns so much!

Mei: (Says kindly) No dear, they are not buns. It’s a large healthy serving of steamed rice.

(River in the forest)

(Kiyomi is seen wondering alone through the dark forest. Kiyomi trips and lands into a river. She holds herself up with her arms while she sits in the water. Her breathing is heavy. Her eye remain tightly shut as her reflection is seen in the water.

Kiyomi: I can’t see…

(The calmness of the water is distorted and Masumi stands over Kiyomi in the river.)

Masumi: Look how pathetic you look. Oh wait, I forgot, you can’t see! (Laughs)

Kiyomi: (Angered) I can’t see because of you. Last night, when you took over my body, you failed to beat Aiko! She didn’t even put effort into the fight. She played with you like a little girl with a doll.

Masumi: And you think you could have done better? I’m stronger than you, I always will be.

Kiyomi: Pfft, yeah, stronger at getting your butt kicked! Other than that, you and I are the same. Same body, same mind. We are both equally strong.

Masumi: Oh how wrong you are, Kiyomi. Those who have cursed blood, usually have one ability. However, you were born with two. The power to manipulate Wind and Earth. Your mind separated the two abilities into two different personalities. Yours and mine. The reason why your mind created two personalities, is because of how lonely and morally conflicted you are. (Kiyomi’s reflection in the water is still shown) No one to truly love, no one to love you back. No friends, no family. You’re just an empty shell. All you have is me.

Kiyomi: One of these days, I will master both my abilities. And I will be complete. My body and my soul will be complete. And I will finally get rid of you.

Masumi: Maybe… But I wouldn’t bet on it.

Kiyomi: My eyes burn so much… I can’t see a thing. But I’ve got to keep moving. (Struggles to stand up)

Masumi: (Sarcasm) Be careful. I wouldn’t want you falling and hurting yourself. (Smiles and chuckles)

Kiyomi: How is it possible that you can see?

Masumi: Are you for real? (Sighs) Boy, you really are simple minded. Well I'm using my abilities to see through the ground. I'm able to use my Kotodama to infuse my sight with the earth itself.

Kiyomi: Do you know how high of a level that is?!

Masumi: Yes I do. It's too bad you're not strong enough to unleash your hidden power. If you accepted me as a part of you and let me take over, it would be a different story. (Gets close to Kiyomi’s face and whispers in her ear in a soothing tempting voice) You know if you accepted me into your heart right now, you could absorb the earth and rejuvenate your sight. Come on, just this once…

Kiyomi: Egh. No! Get away from me!

(Masumi laughs and vanishes in an instant.)

Kiyomi: (Thinking) How could she possible be at that high of level? She's able to become one with her natural element. But I'm only a level 3. She is a split personality of myself. Is it possible that I am able to reach that high a level now?

(Cabin in the woods)

(Eli is in Ming’s kitchen. He’s sitting at the table alone and sad. Ming walks into the kitchen and she panics when she sees Eli.)

Grandma: Elijah! Why are you still here?! I thought you left!

Eli: I was hiding. I just wanted you to think I left.

Ming: You have no idea what you’ve done!

Eli: I was born with the gift to connect with people’s emotions and feel what they feel. By doing so, I’m able to mimic their physical and mental abilities. I feel your fear. You’re scared. You feel like you’re going to die.

(A close up of Ming’s eyes are shown as she says her next sentence.)

Ming: I’ve seen the future… Today is the day I die. He’s coming for me. No matter how powerful the two of us are, he’ll kill us both.

Eli: I won’t let you die, Grandma. I will be here to help you fight. Even if we don’t defeat him, I will still protect you. (Punches his fist into his palm)

Ming: My brother will kill you. He’s cold and heartless. He see everything. He manipulates the world. He sees the future, and he changes certain events to manipulate time. He can control time. He is 100 times more powerful and deadly as I am.

(Eli begins to shiver.)

Eli: (Thinking) I hope I’m wrong about this… I hope she isn’t talking about who I think she is… If so… Then we really are dead… And there is no escape.

Ming: Do not give up hope, Eli. You have so much to live for.

Eli: I have a dream. A goal. I will not die until I’ve obtained this goal. (Sweat drips down his face) Don’t worry, Ming… I won’t die. No matter what.

Ming: I cannot see a future for you. I’m not sure you’re going to make it.

Eli: … I understand. (Looks down in depression)

(Ming closes her eyes for a few seconds. She reopens them and they turn purple and gold.)

Ming: He’s here.

(Ming and Eli both look out of the window. A man wearing an all-black cloak with a hood is standing outside the front of the cabin. His face cannot be seen. He smiles. His teeth are as sharp as the tip of a blade, His smile is huge and it goes from one ear to the other. He closes his mouth after a few seconds and points his palm toward the cabin. A light purple sphere with black smoke forms into his palm. Lightning begins to form around the ball. He lets out a quick yell and the cabin shatters and completely falls apart in less than a second. The pieces of the cabin are sucked into his hand and destroyed on contact before they could fall on Eli and Grandma. The cabin is completely gone after 3 seconds. Nothing is left. The sphere disappears. Eli and Grandma are standing where the cabin was before. The two of them are terrified.)

Grandma: Osmodeus…

Osmodeus: In all honesty, I am glad you didn’t call me by my birth name. What were our parents thinking? It’s been so long, sister. Oh how I’ve missed you.

Grandma: Why have you come? Truly you have not traveled this far just to kill me?!

(Osmodeus looks up at the sky and sees three birds flying straight in one direction. They all change course and fly backward. They then fly right. Two birds fly straight ahead and one bird continues to fly in its own direction. Osmodeus then looks directly at his sister Ming.)

Osmodeus: Time has a funny way of guiding us down the right path. She is a tricky concept, that one.

Grandma: You’re here for me; not the boy. Solet him leave in peace.

Osmodeus: (Stares at Eli for a few seconds)Why are you here, Elijah?

Eli: (Surprised) W-what? (Thinking) How does he know my name?

Osmodeus: I know your name because I know the world. And the people who accompany its nature. And if you’re wondering… Yes, I can also read your mind. I can hear every thought. I know what move you’re going to make before you even think to do it.

Eli: How did you get all these powers?

Osmodeus: It’s just my gift. I do not feel like explaining it all nowbut you must know that you will become a very important part of the future. You will embark on a quest too big for you to handle alone so never think you can take on the world alone. You will be on the verge of death many times. But you will live to fight again. I’m saying this now, but of course the future is always changing. (Grins at Eli for a few seconds)

Eli: (Says boldly)My dream is to become the greatest fighter ever- a legendary fighter. I want to defeat the world’s most powerful fighter and be an inspiration to everyone! I am just a kid, but I’m willing to take one this world with all I’ve got!

Osmodeus: Unlike most; you do not have cursed blood. Your abilities come from your Bloodline Trait. If you don’t know yet, Bloodline Trait is something we all have. We all come from different families and clans, but whichever clan we hail from, deciphers which unique ability we are born with by blood. Every member of your family has your ability. Well…on your father’s side anyway…

Eli: (Anxious)You know my parents?! Tell me about my family. Where sis I come from?!

Osmodeus: I murdered your family, kid! I looked into their eyes as they took their last breath and died. I laughed each time. You and your father were spared by me. Sadly, he was killed one year after you were born. You’re 8 years old at this point, right?

Eli: I am, but it’s not like that matters now! I plan to be the strongest fighter in this world and it starts with you! You say my future is filled with great things, well during my travels, I will get stronger, and I will defeat you!

Osmodeus: No matter how strong you get, your power will never match the same level as mine. I am a Kotodama user and a Bloodline Trait User. The powers which flow through my body is limitless! How about an example?

(Osmodeus puts his hand in the air. He makes a fist. The sky begins to glow red with fire. Hundreds of flaming meteors come crashing down from the sky. They begin slamming into trees and blowing up many parts of the forest. One meteor hits Grandma Ming. The animals are trying to run for their lives and protect their families. The animals run in terror. Majority of the forest’s life is dead and burned after about 25 seconds of chaos. Fire still scorches through the forest. Eli turns around and sees Grandma’s legs coming out from the bottom of a giant meteor. One of the meteors landed on top of her. The meteor is about 30 feet tall. Eli’s blood begins to fill with anger. Osmodeus laughs at the death and destruction. The giant meteor slowly begins to lift up. Eli watches carefully. Grandma stands up and lifts the meteor up with only one hand. Her head is bleeding a bit and her breathing is heavy.)

Grandma: YOU DIE HERE!

(Grandma Ming throws the meteor at Osmodeus as hard as she can. Osmodeus jumps super high to jump over the meteor. Ming Jumps in the air as well. Her force allows her to jump at Osmodeus at an incredible speed. She puts her fist out to punch Osmodeus in the face. She’s extremely angry. The death of all the forest animals fuels her anger and makes her stronger. Osmodeus opens his golden eyes wide and a powerful invisible energy force slams into Ming and slams her into the ground on her back. He raises his fist and causes another flaming meteor shower. A meteor drops toward Ming. She uses her sheer force to punch the meteor and break it into pieces. Osmodeus is falling toward Ming at quick speed. His fist comes out of his cloak and turns into hard steel. He punches Ming directly in the face. Her face begins to bleed as she flies back 30 feet, in mid-air. She’s about to fly into the flames of a burning bush. Osmodeus puts the flames out, using only his mind. He pulls his arm back. The tree makes a snapping sound. Ming slams into the tree that same tree. Eli looks back and sees that Ming’s body is not moving. Her body begins to shiver. Kiyo is in is village, trying to protect the village from the meteors. He’s jumping from building to building as fast as he can, punching and kicking as many meteors as possible. Two gigantic meteors come flying toward the village. Kiyo takes 3 deep breaths. He puts his arms strait down, making his palms face the ground. A very large amount of fire comes out of his palms and launches him up in the air like a rocket. This is called the Jetfyre technique. Kiyo begins to look like he’s going to pass out. His fire gets weaker and weaker. He crashes into the meteor while it’s still in the sky. He punches his fists into the meteors. The meteor gets hotter and hotter, until it explodes into millions of pieces. Kiyo absorbs the fire from the destroyed meteor. He then uses his JetFyre technique once again to charge at the other gigantic meteor. He charges at full speed and puts his fist in front of him. Kiyo punches through the gigantic meteor and flies through it, all the way to the other side. He points his palm at the meteor and absorbs all the fire from it. He throws a huge amount of fire toward the ground. He pulls the fire back up with his mind to push the meteor from underneath. Kiyo pushes himself beyond his limits to push the meteor away like a geyser. The meteor is pushed to another part of the forest. Kiyomi is blind and is still at the river washing her eyes out with water. The gigantic meteor slams into the river next to her and launches her over a waterfall. Her shirt gets caught on a tree branch. She gets stuck and sighs in frustration. The meteors stop falling. It’s silent. Eli is shaking at the sight of Ming. Ming’s body is shivering. A branch stabbed through her back and out of her chest,and is holding her body on the tree. Ming coughs up blood. She’s in pain. Eli rushes over to her. His eyes begin to water.)

Eli: No… No, not like this… Don’t die on me, Ming. Please don’t die…

(Ming reaches her hand out to Eli. Eli clenches her hand as tight as she can. The two of them can no longer hold their tears inside. Tears begin to fall from their eyes.)

Ming: You are a strong young man, Elijah. Always remember… Why you fight. (Coughs up blood) Always remember… What you fight for… Remember the courage in your heart… And the strength you possess. Never forget Who you are… Who are you, Elijah?

Eli: A warrior… Someone who never gives up. Who always makes the right decisions… So that I’ll be able to live to fight another day. I am a warrior who fights for what he believes in. A fighter who will forever live on.

Ming: You must be willing to live and survive any threat that may opposes you.

Eli: My family was murdered. All my life, I took care of myself. You came into my life and… You were the first person to ever love me. You’re the closest thing to family I have. I can't lose you, not now!

Ming: You were always like a son to me… Even though we’ve only been together a short while, I feel like I’ve known you for an eternity… Goodbye… My son.

(The forest grows silent. The wind softly blows. The redness in the sky fades away. Osmodeus chuckles. Eli balls his fist and grinds his teeth until his mouth begins to bleed.)

Osmodeus: How disappointing. I thought killing her would be more fun. Oh well. A slow and painful death is what she deserved.

Eli: (Stands up infuriated) She was an angel. A saint! And you. You killed her in cold blood… I’ll kill you. I’ll give you a slow and painful death!

(Eli charges at Osmodeus full speed to punch him. Osmodeus stands and waits with a smile on his face. Eli gets close enough to punch him. Osmodeus quickly punches Eli’s fist while Eli is in the middle of his punch. The force of Osmodeus’ punch causes the bones in Eli’s arm to stab through the back of Eli’s shoulder and snap in half. Osmodeus knees Eli in the face and makes his body fly back and hit the ground next to Ming’s body. He screams out in pain for 10 seconds. Osmodeus stands in front of Ming’s body.)

Eli: STAY AWAY FROM HER! I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU TOUCH HER!

Osmodeus: SHUT UP!

(A huge bolt of lightning comes out from the sky and strikes Eli in the back for a few seconds. Eli is too weak to even scream in pain. He stares at Ming’s body and tries to reach out to her while the lightning is still surging through him. Osmodeus puts his hand on Ming’s chest. His hand glows with a blue aura and his hand sinks through her body. Ming comes back to life and shivers. Osmodeus pulls her heart out and holds it in his hand. He faces Eli. The surging lightning stops. Ming’s heart is glowing with a gold and purple aura. Ming dies again and Osmodeus removes her body and puts it on the ground.)

Osmodeus: Seek me out, and destroy me, Elijah. I’ll be waiting at the end of your journey.

(Eli closes his eyes and passes out.)

Osmodeus: That bolt of lightning should have killed you kid. But your love and determination has given you the strength to live on. Let’s see if your love can give you the power to defeat me.

(Osmodeus puts his hand on Eli’s back and a bright white light consumes Eli’s body. Eli’s body begins to quickly heal itself. Kiyo is laying in crumbled pieces of one of the village‘s homes. Kiyo wakes up and pulls himself out of the ashes. His clothes are burned. The villagers are all surprised that Kiyo can still stand. Kiyo is tensed up and on edge about something.)

Mei: How were you able to survive that fall?

Kiyo: (Looks around the village) My body can take a lot.

Mei: You’re weak, Kiyo. Your legs are shaking.

Kiyo: (Gets angry) I don’t care! I can’t afford to be held back. I must get to Seigen town as fast as I possibly can! I was on my way before these meteors fell.

Mei: Why are you so angry, Kiyo?

Kiyo: I… Don’t know. It’s that Kotodama energy I sensed. I felt it’s evil. It’s coming this way. It came from those meteors. An evil force created those meteors and is not coming this way.

(Jinrei runs up to Kiyo and Mei.)

Jinrei: I know only one man who can possess that much power. The ability to summon things not of this world. This man calls himself Osmodeus.

Kiyo: Osmo huh…

Jinrei: Get as far away from here as possible, Kid! Osmo will destroy the entire village.

Osmodeus: Indeed I would.

(All of the villagers look back and see Osmo standing behind them. He remains hidden in his black cloak.)

Kiyo: Your evil… I can feel it.

(Kiyo clenches his fists and blue fire forms around them.)

Osmo: Interesting… Blue flames. That’s quite a nifty trick.

Kiyo: I will kill you, Osmodeus! You stink of evil, I smell your stench from here!

Osmo: That might be your upper lip. (Chuckles) But seriously I think you better calm down, Nakamoto. You don’t wanna accidentally lose control and kill everyone in the village.

Kiyo: If I want these people dead, then that’s my choice. If any of them get in my way, I will kill them too!

Osmo: I see you’re even more lost than I thought. Oh well. Understand this: If you defeat Kaji, I’ll tell you the truth of your parents’ death. Prove yourself worthy of knowing the truth.There is another reason why they were killed other than Phantom wanting you to help him find the Gem of Croy. He was sent to that cabin by someone for a reason. Defeat Kaji, and the full truth will be explained.

Kiyo: (Out of his mind) Tell me why Phantom killed my parents, and I promise to give you a merciful death.

(The blue flames get stronger around Kiyo‘s fists.)

Osmo: Seconds ago, you were exhausted. Kotodama drains both spiritual and physical energy. You’ve used it all up trying to destroy those meteors. But now, your fire is blue instead of red,and your Kotodama has completely recharged itself. Don’t you find that strange?

Kiyo: (Grins) Not really.

Osmo: Right… I’m not here to fight you; I’m only here to make a deal with you.

Kiyo: Whoever wins this fight will decide whether or not I accept your deal!

(Kiyo throws a blast of blue cold fire at Osmo. The ground under the blue fire begins to freeze as it passes and heads toward Osmo. Osmo punches at the fire and a powerful ball of wind is shot. The fire is disintegrated by the ball and it hits Kiyo. Kiyo flies back a few feet, but lands on his feet. Osmo uses extreme speed to charge at Kiyo and punch him in the gut. Kiyo falls to the ground in pain and his fire returns to normal.)

Osmo: I am not here to fight. If you wanna know the truth about your parents, I have to know if you’re worthy. Your life’s ambition is to kill Phantom. This I understand. But you’re not strong enough to face him. He will kill you at this point. He’s even stronger than me, but… (Sticks his hand in his shadowed hood and rubs his face) that is another story.

Kiyo: (Tired and in pain) If you’re so evil, why are you helping me? Why?

Osmo: Because I’ve seen the future. I see how powerful you become. Your power is great. For you and your friends have caught my attention. I will no longer see into your future from this point on. For I wish to be surprised by the progress you make on your journey. I can no longer get involved in your journeys. Anyway, I should get going. See you in the future… Kiyo Nakamoto.

(Osmo teleports away.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) He can teleport too? How much power does this guy have?

(Jinrei walks up to Kiyo.)

Jinrei: You’re in no shape to travel. I’m sorry, but you must rest for the day.

(Kiyo passes out without saying a word. Mei and Jinrei catch him before he hits the ground. Kiyo is laying down on the floor at Mai’s house. Jinrei and Mei are watching over him. They’re both worried.)

Jinrei: Kiyo needs time to rest. Perhaps it’s best if I travel to Seigen town instead.

Mei: Magnus will not make it easy for you to obtain his firearms. He will kill you, if he suspects you’re going after his weapons. All we can do, is hope that he recovers quickly.

Jinrei: I’m sure he will. Just by the way he took on those flaming meteors, I could see the fire in his eyes. He pushed himself and put as much effort as he could to protect this village. One question I have; is why his fire turned blue. And why did he seem more evil?

Mai: I’m sure is teacher Rayna has the answer. Kiyo could train until he reached level 6 of Kotodama. But by doing so, he would not have been in any real battles. Kiyo must take a journey through life and learn what true fighting spirit is. He must learn the secrets of his powers on his own.

(Kiyo begins to have a flashback from when he was just a child. He and Rayna are in a forest. It is a dark night. Heavy rain falls upon their head. A log stands 10 feet away from Young Kiyo and Rayna. Kiyo is wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Rayna is in a tan overcoat. She has somewhat of a strict attitude at the moment. Young Kiyo looks very exhausted and he looks like he is about to cry.)

Kiyo: I can’t do it! It’s impossible. No matter how hard I try, I just can’t do it.

Rayna: Don’t give me that! You either shut up and succeed in the task I gave you, or I leave you here in the cold! I am not your mother, I am not your friend! I am your teacher! It is my job to teach you the basics of the first two levels of your abilities. And that is exactly what I will do.

Kiyo: But yesterday, I just reached level two. I just learned how to create my own fire. How do you expect me to set a log on fire for 10 seconds when it’s pouring rain?! It’s not fair, sensei, it’s not!

Rayna: (Thinking) If I’m gonna get him to unleash his blue fire, I’m gonna have to try a new tactic. Approach him from a different angle. Hmm, let’s see here. (Puts finger on chin) I’ve got it. His blue fire will only come out if he fills the opposite of how he normally feels. I’m gonna have to somehow combine his anger and his evil together.

Rayna: Phantom was the man who killed your parents, Kiyo.

Kiyo: I know he was… Why are you bringing that up?

Rayna: Don’t you want to someday kill him?

Kiyo: What?

Rayna: Think, Kiyo. What did you think would happen when you faced Phantom?

Kiyo: I… Haven’t really gave it much thought to be honest. (Looks down at the ground)

Rayna: You’re going to have to take his life, Kiyo. Or he will kill again. He will murder innocent children. Destroy families, make children watch as he tortures and kills their parents.

Kiyo: But why? Why would anyone do that?

Rayna: Because he’s evil. That’s what evil people do, Kiyo. They kill and cause nothing but pain and suffering. And of course, death. Only by killing him, will you save hundreds of innocent children and families. It’s all up to you.

(A black aura forms around Rayna and she creates a small black sphere in her palm. She throws it at Kiyo and it pushes Kiyo into a tree. He falls to the ground. His body is shaking.)

Kiyo: What is this? What is this feeling…? This awful feeling?

Rayna: That is evil. Do you feel it?

Kiyo: I feel the evil around you. Around your body. (Slowly stands up) And I feel it within me.

Rayna: (Thinking) His Kotodama can’t be increasing by this much. I can feel it continuously rising and rising. If Kiyo loses control, I’m gonna have a problem on my hands. At this point he can either separate the evil feeling or embrace it. The way his power's increasing, I say he's choosing to embrace this evil.

Kiyo: I love it. I love this feeling of power. I hate myself. I hate you! I will kill you. I will destroy the evil in your heart.

Rayna: (Thinking) So even when his evil side is out, he has both good and evil intentions. Is this power coming from him or… HIM…?

(Kiyo’s hands surround themselves with blue fire. Cold mist is coming out of the blue fire.)

Rayna: The only way you’re going to kill me, is if you keep that log on fire for at least 10 seconds!

(Kiyo angrily throws a fireball at the log. The log catches on fire, and the fire continues to burn for 8 seconds. Kiyo passes out after the 8th second and the blue fire goes out. Rayna looks at the ground around the log and sees tiny pieces of frozen rain.)

Rayna: (Thinking) I see Kiyo’s able to combine his two abilities together. He can’t access his evil side completely. Therefore, he can’t access his ice abilities. He can only use his ice power if he completely let his evil take over his body or if he lets… HIM take over.And the moment Kiyo’s too pure so HE can’t come out. And no matter what, Kiyo will never fully let HIM take over. Kiyomi’s abilities are different. She’s able to communicate with her dark side. She may not know it yet, but I can tell.

(Kiyo wakes up in pain, but he does not scream. He clenched his body.)

Mei: (Excited) You’re awake!

Jinrei: Good to have you back.

Kiyo: I felt the evil come out of me again. Osmo’s evil Kotodama is what triggered mine.

Jinrei: You need rest, kid. You’re not gonna make it through the forest in this condition.

Kiyo: I’ve already made up my mind. (Kiyo struggles to stand up) I’m going right now. You can’t stop me. And since when did you become Nakama?! Weren’t you a bandit leader yesterday?!

Jinrei: Look, you gave me a second chance so I’m taking it. My guild is dead by now anyway thanks to Kaji.Anyway, your breathing is heavy and you can barely stand. It’s impossible for you to make it to Seigen in this condition.

Kiyo: I don’t care. Nothing’s impossible. I learned that a long time ago.

(Kiyo has another flashback. The environment is the same as before- dark and rainy.)

Rayna: You’re still trying this, Kiyo? It’s late. You need rest.

Kiyo: Last night I realized that I have evil living inside of me.

Rayna: We all do.

Kiyo: I never want to rely on it again. I can set this log on fire using my own power, and I can keep it burning for 10 seconds. Just you watch!

(Kiyo uses his anger and determination to fuel his power. He puts both arms out in front of him and aims at the log. He uses as much power as he possible can to create a flamethrower. He uses more and more of his Kotodama to add more fire to the flamethrower. The fire reaches the log and it catches on fire. Kiyo focuses all his power to keep the fire burning with his mind. The fire burns the log for 4 seconds before it blows out. Kiyo falls to the ground in exhaustion. Rayna walks up to Kiyo and picks him up.)

Kiyo: I can do better!

Rayna: Kiyo.

Kiyo: (Determined) I can do more. I will make you proud!

Rayna: Kiyo! You did fine. (Smiles at Kiyo)

Kiyo: I did?

Rayna: I’m proud of you for not giving up and finding the strength needed to accomplish your goal. That’s what I like to see in you. Hard work and determination.

Kiyo: (Smiles) Thanks, sensei.

(Kiyo hugs Rayna. After 3 seconds, he passes out. He’s still hugging her however.)

Rayna: (Thinking) Last night when I gave him this training, it was only to make him frustrated at me and use his anger to unleash his blue fire. This wasn't supposed to be real training; only a onetime thing. Poor kid. He lost his family only a few months ago. He needs love. And I’m the only one who can give it to him now. Kiyomi's not coming back. Watching him just now made me realize how important I really am to him. And it made me realize how important he is to me.

(Rayna hugs Kiyo and lifts him up. She carries him in her arms as she walks away.)

Rayna: I wish for my son to someday be like you.

(A boy with black hair and blue eyes about Kiyo’s age is ease-dropping from behind a tree. This could possibly be Rayna’s son.)

(Present)

Kiyo: I’m only out of Kotoda because I accessed my evil side. My evil side drains my Kotoda very quickly. (Looks at his hand while he trembles) I will not postpone my journey because of this evil inside of me.

Mei: You always get like this, Kiyo. And I’ve learned to not attempt to stop you. (Smiles)

Kiyo: (Looks at Ming sincerely) Thank you.

Jinrei: To be safe, I’m coming with you, Kiyo. I need to go to Seigen town to pickup some more supplies for the village.

Kiyo: I have no problem with that, Jinrei. But if you slow me down, I will leave you behind. Is that understood?

Jinrei: It is understood. Let me pack up my things. I’ll meet you here in 10 minutes.

Kiyo: (Turns his back to Jinrei) That is fine.

Mei: (Thinking) I know that look, Kiyo. You’re planning to travel without Jinrei. You will leave as soon as Jinrei has his back turned.

(It begins to rain. The rain drops awaken Eli from his sleep. It is night. The moon shines full in the dark sky. Eli stands and looks at the sky. He looks at Ming’s body on the ground.)

Eli: I will avenge you, Grandma Ming. You did not deserve to die. Not like this… (Squeezes his fist) Your spirit and soul will forever live within me.

(Eli uses his strength to punch a giant whole in the ground. He buries Ming’s body and prays over her. Kiyomi is still stuck on the tree branch in the waterfall. The raindrops fall on her as well as the waterfall.)

Kiyomi: Help! (Thinking) Gosh this sucks.

(Mizuki flies and lands on top of the branch. Mizuki uses his claws to cut Kiyomi’s shirt and free her from the branch. Kiyomi uses her wind power to softly land on the ground.)

Kiyomi: (Thinking) Great! Not only is my vision gone, but so is my shirt. I’m half naked and I can’t see who’s around watching me. (Sighs) Talk about bad luck.

Eli: Huh? Did I just hear someone call for help? I think it came from the waterfall.

(Elli begins running toward the river a feet away. He follows the stream.)

Eli: (Thinking) All I have to do is follow the stream. Eventually I’ll get to the waterfall.

(Eli gets to the waterfall almost a minute later and sees Kiyomi on the other side of the river cold and shivery.)

Kiyomi: Who’s there?! Stay back, I’m warning you! (Kiyomi covers her chest)

(A small crack of a smile is formed across his face. As his smile begins to grow, the rain quickly recedes.)

Eli: I’m only here to help you is all!

(Eli jumps across the river to get to Kiyomi. Mizuki yells at Eli.)

Eli: Hey, I’m one of the good guys. You don’t have to worry.

Kiyomi: (Nervous) How do I know I can trust you? Who ae you?

Eli: I just lost someone very dear to me. Not too long ago, I buried her. She was like my grandma.

Kiyomi: Ming? She’s… Dead?

Eli: You know her?

Kiyomi: She took care of me for a short time after my parents died. That was before I started working with Kaji.

Eli: (Surprised)You work for Kaji?!

Kiyomi: Kid, it’s hard talking to you when I don’t have a shirt. Please find me something.

Eli: I’ll give you my coat. It’s damaged and it has blood on it from my battle with Osmodeus, but you can wear it.

Kiyomi: I thought I felt his energy. That man is pure evil.

Eli: I know. He killed his own sister.

Kiyomi: Ming was his sister, I remember that!

Eli: I’m headed to Seigen Town to earn some money. Are you heading the same way?

Kiyomi: I was ordered by Kaji to send a letter to his mercenaries. He wants to invade a village hidden in this forest.

Eli: Is that why you’re here?

Kiyomi: I can’t go through with it. I’ve decided to go my own way. Follow my own path.

Eli: (Excited) Come with me to Seigen Town then. I could use some company.

Kiyomi: Look, kid…

Eli: I don’t want to be alone right now! Please just… Come with me… Please.

Kiyomi: Whatever, I don’t really have a choice. I’m temporarily blind in both my eyes, so traveling alone in a forest is a sure way for me to die. I will agree to follow you to Seigen, kid.

Eli: (Excited) Thanks. That really means a lot! I’ll go get my coat for you.

Kiyomi: (Thinking) Seigen Town is owned by a ruthless man named Magnus. I hope this kid knows he’s headed for danger.

Masumi: She's here.

Kiyomi: I know. I can sense her presence. (Thinking) I know you're here, Aiko. I know you'll be the one to deliver the message to the mercenaries to invade the village.

(Aiko is sitting in a tree in silence. She has a grin on her face, and she seems relaxed about something. She pulls a throwing knife out of her traveling belt and hold it in her hand. She stands up and throws the throwing knife directly at Kiyomi's face.

TO BE CONTINUED…