Status: active

Kiyo Nakamoto

Kiyo Nakamoto Episode Twenty: Welcome To Light City

Kiyomi Narrating: My twin brother and I were so close as children. But as time passed, our surrogate parents were murdered. My only goal was to find my real parents and learn the truth of why they left my brother and me with fake parents. I did not want my brother coming with me, or getting himself killed. I had doubts of my own survival. I found a boy who has lost his parents as well. His name was Kaji. Kaji was a young prince. Around the time we meet, we were only 8 years old. After 10 years have passed, I refused to carry out an order given to me by him. He ordered an assassin to kill me. But the assassin could not go through with it. I have many questions that need answers. How did he know I was going to refuse the order? And how did he end up sending an assassin after me so quickly? From what Aiko tells me, he planned on killing me before I refused to complete his order. Kaji hates those with cursed blood and he found out I had it. So he wanted me killed. To ensure I survive and makeup for the years I spend away from Kiyo, I joined my brother and his group. Together, we will defeat Kaji.

(Kiyo, Kiyomi, Eli, Aiko, Jiro, Nini, Mizuki, Sabrina and Joseph, stand in front of the enormous silver gates of Light City. A giant concrete wall covers the city so no one can see inside. Two tough guards stand in front of the tightly sealed gates.)

Kiyomi: Alright, so one thing about this city is that it’s not an easy place to get into. As you can see, the entire city is guarded by a solid concrete wall. There are only two ways to get in and out. There’s an entrance and there’s a back entrance. But if you go toward the back entrance, you’ll be shot in the chest by archers, so you may not wanna go that way.

Kiyo: I’m the type of guy to just rush into danger! So the back way we go!

Kiyomi: I’m pretty sure Kaji told his guards to capture me if I ever come near the city, so I have no problem getting in. You guys can do whatever you can to get in alright?

Kiyo: Maybe we can just go in with you?

Kiyomi: I doubt it would work, but we can try.

(Everybody walks up to the guards.)

Guard1: Hold it. Stop right there. By order of his royalty, you are not permitted to enter within the gates of the city without official business or a highly prioritized message.

Kiyomi: Jeez, no need to be so professional about it, Kazu.

Kazu: (Nervous) Oh, Miss Kiyomi. I am truly sorry (Bows down). Please, forgive me (Stands straight). I had no idea you’d be returning.

Kiyomi: (Smiles and acts friendly) No problem, Kazu, but hey, can you do me a teensy little favor?

Kazu: Sure, Miss. What can I do for you?

Kiyomi: You mind letting me in the city and not telling Kaji I’m here? (Closes eyes and smiles)

Kazu: Umm…

Kiyomi: What’s the matter?

Kazu: I would love to let you in… But Kaji will have my hide if I let these peasants into the walls… No offense…

Kiyomi: That’s fine. I’m sure these peasants will find their own way into the city somehow.

(The guards, Kazu and Kenta, open the gates and let Kiyomi walk though and Kiyomi smiles and waves goodbye to the rest of her group.)

Kiyomi: See ya later, team!

Kenta: The rest of you have about five seconds to leave, or your blood will be all over the floor.

Aiko: I’m one of Kaji’s assassins, so can I enter?

Kenta: NO!

Aiko: But-

Kenta: NO!

Aiko: Awe… (Walks away sad)

(The gates begin to close. The entire group walks away. They stay about 50 feet away from the guards. The guards and the group stare at each other with epic tension for a few seconds. The wind begins to softly blow. Kiyo’s hair blows in the wind. Kiyo takes his headband off and crosses his legs as he sits and thinks.)

Kiyo: Alright, so as leader, it’s my job to assure we make it behind those gates and into the city. We need to think of a strategy.

Eli: Oh hey, I have an idea! How about we each find our own way of entering the city? It’s a great chance to test our infiltration skills and independent strategies.

Kiyo: Alright that works! Great idea, Eli!

Aiko: Great! Well in that case, I’m using the secret assassin hideout passage on the side of the castle!

Kiyo: What?! Aiko, why didn’t you tell us there was a secret passage?

Aiko: (Giggles) Cause you didn’t ask, silly.

Kiyo: (Sighs) Right. So we each find our own way to enter the city. We cannot enter the same way another person has. So Aiko uses the secret passage and Kiyomi uses the front gate. So that means none of us can do the same.

Jiro: Every person for themselves; I like that.

(Mizuki spreads his wings and dashes into the air. He flies over the wall and into the city.)

Kiyo: Darn it! That bird stole my idea…

Joseph: Since when do you fly?

Kiyo: Since my fight with Nissa. Alright let’s begin our infiltration.

(In the city)

(Kiyomi is casually walking around the shopping district of the city. It’s very crowded and everyone seems to be having a great time. Mizuki flies up to Kiyomi and lands on her shoulder. Kiyomi then smiles as Mizuki.)

Kiyomi: Hi, Mizuki (pets Mizuki).

Salesman: Why hello there and welcome to our gorgeous city. Light city is one of the largest cities in the world. We have everything from gardening, to fine dining. Light City has all the essentials you need for every aspect of your life.

Kiyomi: (Walks up to his stand) Hmm…

(The salesmen smiles and closes his eyes.)

Kiyomi: Well…

Salesman: Please take your time, miss.

Kiyomi: What kind of outfits do you sale here?

Salesman: Yes well… A lovely lady such as you deserves only the best in wardrobe. Please, right this way. Follow me into the back.

(Kiyomi and the salesman walk into the giant velvet red tent behind the salesman. Kiyomi is given a new skirt to wear. The skirt is the same as her regular one except it’s a bit longer and opens up in the center. The left side of the skirt goes straight down the side of her leg; the right side crosses over to the left side. The two sides are buckles together with a giant golden button at the top of the left side of the skirt. The cross from one side to the other covers her private area. Kiyomi seems to be enjoying her new look as she fascinatingly checks herself out in a large mirror.)

Salesman: That is the perfect look for you, Miss. You look absolutely stunning. I’ll pitch you a deal. Because you look so dashing in that skirt, I’ll throw it in for 50% less for its usual price.

Kiyomi: That depends on the price, mister.

Salesman: (Nervous) Well… You see that skirt you have on is imported from a Middle Eastern country. It was made with material only the queen of the land is allowed to wear and of course her daughter Zafira.

Kiyomi: So it’s very expensive; I get it. Well, I don’t really have a lot of money for anything so…

Salesman: Oh it’s perfectly fine. Just give me all the money you have on you and we’ll call it a fair trade.

Kiyomi: (Turns to look at the Salesman) What kind of business man are you? How can you just let something as valuable as this go for such a cheap price? Are you hiding something?

(Kiyomi paces to the salesman with her fists balled up. She backs him into a corner and he gets nervous and begins to sweat.)

Kiyomi: (Angry) What are you not telling me!

Salesman: (Nervous) Please, I’m just your everyday salesman trying to make money is all. I’m desperate and I’m short right now. I could use all the money I can get right now to help support my family.

(Kiyomi walks away from the man and back to the mirror. She bursts out laughing as she walks. Her mood seems to be friendly and happy again.)

Kiyomi: Come on; I’d believe a dead possum before I believe you. You’re obviously lying to me. Now tell me the truth.

Salesman: (Serious) I wish to make enough money to begin my travels. Prince Kaji has been very unpredictably lately. I have the feeling he’s going to do something major to change the city and its laws. I’m afraid of what choice he might make to change the city, so I want to get out of here as soon as possible.

Kiyomi: That’s understandable. Look, one thing I know about Kaji is that his mind is never set. His mind is like a frog; jumping from lily pad-to-lily pad; thoughts-to-thoughts. His mind constantly changes so he’s always predictable. I’ll agree to help you out, mister, but I’d like something in return.

Salesman: Yes, anything, what is it?

Kiyomi: I want this skirt for free.

Salesman: Well…

Kiyomi: Come on, I’m helping you get your freedom and making you feel safe.

Salesman: Okay, fine. You can keep the skirt for free.

Kiyomi: (Gives the salesman a huge hug) Ooh, thank you; you’re so nice!

(Outside of the city)

Sabrina: I have no interest to enter the city. I’m going for a walk. (Walks away)

Joseph: I suppose I’ll stick with Sabrina. If I’m in there when you fight Kaji… I may not be able to resist killing him.

Kiyo: But Kaji has no power.

Joseph: You sure about that?

Kiyo: Even Aiko said no one’s ever seen him use an ability. Not to mention he’s a weapon master. He collects rare weapons and uses them in battle.

Joseph: Sometimes facts and evidence are wrong. You never know the real truth unless you were actually there to experience it. Kaji could have an ability and not know it; he could have an ability but never use it. He could have-

Kiyo: -I got it, Joseph.

Joseph: (Grins) All I’m saying is keep your mind open.

Kiyo: Keep yours close. Your infinite wisdom gets a little old after awhile.

Eli: And so does your ability to understand things.

Joseph: I believe I’m sensing jealousy.

Kiyo: (Angry) Get out of here!

(Joseph grins and walks away.)

Jiro: Alright, so how do the three of us get inside the city? Oh I know. How about we just kill the guards and walks in? Yep, that sounds like a great plan.

(Jiro grips his sword and gets ready to pull it out. He takes a step forward. Kiyo grabs Jiro’s wrist to stop him.)

Kiyo: No killing the guards, Jiro.

Jiro: Hey, don’t talk to me like I’m your pet (Jerks hand away). I’ll do whatever I want.

Kiyo: I’m your leader and I say no killing.

Jiro: Alright, fine. You’re such a buzz kill.

Kiyo: Alright. So, Eli, you go first. I’m curious to see how you’re gonna make it over.

Eli: Haha, okay!

(Eli gets low into running position. He has an intense stare in his eyes.)

Eli: This is a new technique I’ve been working on. Check it out.

(Eli dashes at an amazing speed. Dust flies up everywhere. The speeding dust cloud charges at the two guards Kazu and Kenta. The two of them get a bit startled. Eli is in the front of the dust cloud laughing with excitement and running full speed. Eli is about to rundown the two guards. Kazu and Kenta hug each other and scream in fear. As soon as Eli gets inches away from their faces, he comes to a complete stop. Kazu and Kenta remain scared. Eli turns and looks at the giant concrete wall. Eli then dashes at it full speed. He puts one foot on the wall then dashes up the wall at full speed. Eli is seen running up the gigantic wall. As soon as he gets to the top, he flies up in the air and sees the huge city below him. Hundreds of buildings are scattered all over the enormous city. All of the buildings are small except for Kaji’s castle in the center. Eli falls and lands on the edge of the castle wall.)

Eli: I made it!

Jiro: I feel Eli cheated. Mizuki already went over the wall, so he can’t do the same.

Kiyo: Technically, he ran over the wall, so I suppose he’s good. Mizuki flew over.

(A frenzy of arrows come out of nowhere and begin shooting at Eli. Eli balances on the wall and desperately tries to dodge the arrows. An arrow goes through his collar and pushes Eli off the wall. He falls about 50 feet and slams into the ground on his back. Kazu and Kenta begin laughing at Eli. Kiyo laughs at Eli as well. Eli angrily walks over to Kiyo and Jiro.)

Jiro: I see you’ve failed.

Kiyo: (Laughing) That’s so awesome the way you fell! Your head must be throbbing!

Eli: My head is fine (Removes arrow). My body can take a lot of damage.

Kiyo: (Stops laughing) Perhaps we should give Jiro a chance now.

Jiro: Sweet. Now watch how simple this it. I’m going to show you how I persuade with my blade. (Walks toward the guards)

Kiyo: Just as long as you don’t kill the guards.

Jiro: I promise I will not kill them.

(Jiro walks up to the guards. He pulls out his sword and stabs Kazu in the neck. He then pulls out Kazu’s sword from his side and throws it into Kenta’s neck. Jiro wipes the blood off his sword and Kazu and Kenta’s bodies fall to the ground. Kiyo and Eli rush over to Jiro. Kiyo is angry.)

Kiyo: I thought you said you weren’t gonna kill them?!

Jiro: (Puts sword away) Yeah, I said I wouldn’t kill THEM. I didn’t say anything about not killing the guards. When you say “them,” be more specific about who you’re talking about.

Kiyo: Now you’re playing mind games with me?!

Jiro: Look, we don’t have time to play around. Kaji is in there, and he probably knows we’re here in the city. We need to act fast and get to him before he does something like retreat or go into hiding.

Eli: When I was over the wall, I could see the whole city. There are hundreds maybe even thousands of houses scattered around. But in the center and the whole rear of the city is Kaji’s palace; It’s enormous. If he ever wanted to go into hiding, he would go into plain sight. And by “plain sight,” I mean his palace.

Jiro: This only assists my theory even more. Let’s not give him the chance to do anything.

Kiyo: You seriously need to chill out, Jiro. Kaji wouldn’t run from anybody. He can take care of himself alright. (Walks up to the doors)

Jiro: (Crosses arms and looks away) Whatever; you’re the leader.

Kiyo: Of course I am. And as leader, I command you to chill out.

Jiro: Alright, “Mr. Leader,” how do you suppose we open the gate?

Kiyo: All the guards had to do is pull the two levers behind them, but that’s too boring. I have an even more fun way of getting through the gate.

(The center of the gate breaks open from the powerful force of Eli’s punch. The whole gate begins to squeak. It then completely collapses after a few seconds. Eli’s fist is throbbing in pain.)

Kiyo: I love destruction; it’s so awesome!

(A very polite British butler walks into a room with a tray of tea in his hand. The room is well decorated and very fancy. The butler talks to a man as his chair is turned to the side. One of his ankles is resting on his knee. His arm is resting on his thigh, and his fist is pressed up against his cheek. His face is not seen, but this man appears to be Kaji. Kaji’s voice is kind, yet dark.)

Butler: Excuse me, sir, but one of your archers have come with urgent news.

Kaji: I already know what it is, Jarvis. Kiyomi seems to have gotten homesick. (Grins) We should give her a welcome worth dying for.

Jarvis: Sir?

Kaji: Leave, Jarvis, and deliver that archer a message for me. Tell him the rain is coming; prepare for a storm.

Jarvis: Yes, sir, Master, Kaji. (Bows and leaves room.)

(Kaji stands up and looks out at the city from his giant window etched into the wall.)

Kaji: Kiyomi, you better not get involved when this whole thing goes down.

(An extremely loud horn begins to ring from Kaji’s palace. Everyone in the city remains silent as the bells chime. After about 15 seconds, the bells stop. The people of the city begin to panic and go crazy in the streets. They grab supplies and begin running into hiding. Aiko runs up to Kiyomi.)

Aiko: (Excited) Hi, Kiyomi; fancy meeting you here!

Kiyomi: (Nervous) Kaji plans on showering the city with arrows. The giant wall around this entire city is used for sniping in and out of the walls.

Aiko: oh. That’s why they’re so tall. That’s so cool!

Kiyomi: You’ve been working for Kaji for what, 10 years, and you still don’t know that’s what the walls were for?

Aiko: I never really cared much to ask...

(All of the people disappear underground and into homes. The city is quiet. Aiko and Kiyomi stand side by side. Over a dozen archers completely surround the city from the giant wall. A rope is tied to the back of their arrows. The rope is tied to heavy metal boxes. Inside of the metal boxes are hundreds of arrows.)

Kiyomi: Err… this isn’t good.

Aiko: What?

Kiyomi: They’re most likely using the designs I made. It’s a giant metal box that has two functions. After an archer shoots an arrow, it pulls a string. That string instantly puts a second arrow in position to be shot.

Aiko: So one arrow shoots, then it pulls another arrow into shooting position?

Kiyomi: Yeah, you get it.

Aiko: (Smiles) Not really!

Kiyomi: (Sighs) You and Kiyo are made for each other, I swear.

Aiko: (Excited) Oh my, gosh, really, really?! You really think so?!

Kiyomi: Focus, Aiko! The second function of the box: The first arrow is tied with a powerful rope. Once the first arrow is shot, the hundreds of arrows that are tied to the first arrow, all shoot at the same time. But here’s the confusing part. Even though one arrow is in firing position, once its shot, it stays in place. The rope is what holds it in place. The hundreds of arrows that are tied to the first arrow are shot, so those hundreds of arrows are supposed to surround the enemy, if they dodge the arrows on impact. The weight from the arrows pulls the first arrow with a hard tug, releasing it from the bow at an incredible speed. The speed is unreal and extremely powerful.

Aiko: I’m sorry, did you say something?

Kiyomi: Err, AIKO!

Aiko: (Giggles) I’m only joking around with you; I heard everything you said.

(The archers release the arrows. Thousands of arrows fall from above the wall and dash directly for Kiyomi. Kiyomi crosses her arms and opens her palms to create a spinning force field of wind. She expands it pushes everything around her away. The arrows are unaffected and head straight for her. Kiyomi gets nervous. The arrows come closer and closer.)

Kiyomi: (Thinking) Think, Kiyomi, think!

Aiko: Kiyomi! Create another tornado of air. Make it as powerful as possible then hold on to my ankle! Don’t ask questions; just do it!

(Kiyomi gets on one knee and slams her palm into the ground. She then creates another spinning force field. It’s not too big this time. Aiko dives and half of her body gets out of the tornado. Kiyomi grabs Aiko’s ankle. The force begins to make Aiko’s body spin at an enormous speed. Kiyomi his holding on to both of Aiko’s ankles and now and she’s being spun around from inside the tornado. Kiyomi remains in one spot and keeps on her feet. Aiko pulls out all of her blades and throws them on top of the tornado. She holds her wrist up to her face. The arrows make contact with the spinning blades surrounding the tornado. The arrows are tossed away from Aiko and Kiyomi. They spread all over the city, hitting buildings, tents, shops, and houses. The arrows stop coming after about 20 seconds. Kiyomi gets dizzy and accidently released Aiko. Aiko is thrown somewhere far, far away in the city. Kiyo, Jiro, and Eli are running toward Kiyomi. 20 more faster and more powerful arrows are shot. They all head toward Kiyomi. The arrows are so fast, that Eli is the only one whose eyes can see their movements. In an instant movement, Eli kicks Kiyo in the back of his leg, and then pushes him in the back with his palm. Kiyo goes flying toward Kiyomi. Kiyo screams and slams his head into Kiyomi’s forehead. Kiyo and Kiyomi both fly and slam into a house. The house collapses on top of them. The arrows smash into each other and the tips barely crack. The arrows fall to the ground. There is a giant dirt circle where Kiyomi used her wind force field. Jiro and Eli stand in the middle back-to-back. They prepare for battle. The sky grows dark and the thunder begins to roar. Kaji is standing on the front balcony of his palace.)

Jiro: Kaji! Call your dogs off and let’s settle this man-to-man!

Kaji: Who do you think you are barking orders at me?! You want a fight; you got one. Now be gone with you, peasant!

(Kaji grabs what appears to be a sword handle stuck to into the ground in front of him. He lifts it up and the entire city begins to shake. A giant whip with shards of blades on its sides, come from out of the ground. The blades get closer and closer to Jiro and Eli as it viciously rises from the dirt below them. Jiro pulls out his sword and slams the front of the blade onto the ground. He gets on one knee.)

Jiro: Eli, I think you should get out here. Stay on the sidelines until you see an opening to help out.

Eli: I thought you were a rogue?

Jiro: I was, but this guy looks like he’s gonna be trouble. Now go!

Eli: Right! (Runs away)

Jiro: (Says to self) This is for you, Angel… I will be the world’s greatest swordsmen. I will defeat you and claim my rightful rank as king of my fallen clan. I put everything I got into this fight… for you!

(A blade comes from underground and hits Jiro’s sword. The blade come out of the ground shattered to pieces. Jiro has an intense look on his face. He takes a deep breath. Jiro’s blade turns green with energy. He stands and vertically swipes his sword. A giant slash of energy comes from his sword and ravages through Kaji’s giant whip blades. The blast comes close to cutting Kaji in half. Kaji stands casually. Everything is in slow motion. The blade gets inches away from Kaji’s face. Kaji disappears in an instant. Everything moves fast once again. The balcony Kaji was standing on gets completely wrecked and Jiro’s blast explodes. The balcony gets completely destroyed. Kaji stands in front of Jiro. The two of them are looking into each other’s eyes without blinking, but Kaji’s face still isn’t revealed. The two of them have their swords pressed up to each other. They struggle prove whose strength is greater. Jiro’s sword shines again and creates a giant exploding spark. Kaji is throws back a distance. He slides on his feet. He stops to smile.)

Kaji: This should be fun. I can tell you have a great determination. The ambition to prove yourself is rising up from inside; I can feel it.

(Kaji’s entire body is shown. He wears black boots with black dress pants and a black vest. The vest has chains tied all around it. He wears a black trench coat with a high collar. The coat is sleeveless, but the black sleeves from the shirt under his vest cover his arms. He wears two metal bracelets on both his wrists. He has two short bangs on the two sides of his face, and the rest of his hair is all black and very short.)

Jiro: You know nothing of me or my ambition! When you understand my reason for living, then you’ll have the right to judge or base your opinion! Now shut up and fight, so I can prove to you the power my steal possesses.

Kaji: Allow me to show you the errors of your path, peasant!

(Kaji dashes at Jiro full speed. Jiro throws a frenzy of blast at Kaji from his sword. Kaji dodges them and continues to get closer and closer. Kaji swipes his sword at Jiro. Jiro ducks. Kaji swings his sword down. Jiro raises his sword and blocks it horizontally. He throws another blast and makes a spark in between the two swords. Kaji stumbles back. Jiro quickly slashes his sword horizontally and throws a blast at Kaji. The blast slams into Kaji’s sword and explodes; making Kaji stumble back a few feet. Kaji quickly keeps his balance. Jiro and Kaji throws various slashes at each other and block each other’s hits. They move around the area. The constant attacking and blocking goes on for 15 seconds. Kaji accidentally steps into a hole in the ground. He stumbles back and begins to lose his balance again. Jiro attempts to stab his face in with his sword. Kaji pulls his foot out and moves to the side of Jiro to dodge the stab. Jiro quickly slashes at Kaji with a sideswipe. Kaji does a flip over Jiro’s sword and kicks him in the side of the face. Kaji stabs his sword into the ground and lands beside it on one knee. Jiro jumps back a few feet and swipes another horizontal blast at Kaji. Kaji pulls his sword out of the ground and raises it up to his face. The blast is struggling to penetrate through Kaji’s sword as Kaji constantly guards his face. Kaji struggles to hold it back. Jiro sees that Kaji’s feet have an opening. He swipes a low blast at his legs. Kaji’s sword shatters the blast. Kaji sees the second one coming at his legs. He jumps over to dodge it. Kaji looks forward and sees Jiro has disappeared.)

Kaji: Seems this guy is more impressive than I thought. But he still lacks necessary skill to match me.

(Kaji quickly turns around and blocks the Jiro’s surprise attack from behind to the face. The two of them are struggling to penetrate their defenses. Kaji can’t help but to smile and have fun. Jiro grows more and more frustrated.)

Kaji: Well. It looks like we’re back to square one.

Jiro: Shut up! I’ll kill you!

Kaji: (Serious) As if you could. Many have tried to kill me, but I just won’t die. I’ve been pierced through the chest with the mightiest of blades, poisoned with the deadliest venom of the most toxic snake, penetrated with the sharpest of steal arrows. I cannot die. I’ve even attempted to take my own life a few times myself. I’ve jumped from the peak of my own palace. My palace is over 300 feet tall, yet somehow I continue breathing. So you see… You can’t kill me.

(The two jump apart from each other.)

Jiro: That must be your blood trait ability, or Kotoda power.

Kaji: Fate simply wants me to live. Being invincible is no type of blood trait or Kotoda.

Jiro: Then your body can heal itself!

(Kaji extends his wrist and slowly cuts through his flesh. He bleeds purple blood all over the ground. His wound does not close. He puts his wrist down as his wrist continues to slowly drain of blood.)

Kaji: My body is not capable of rapid cellular regeneration.

Jiro: Then what is it that makes you live?

Kaji: Evil, hatred, pain, misery. That seems to be my only reason for living.

Jiro: So… evil is what keeps you alive?

Kaji: I believe so. But then again, I’m not entirely sure.

(Kiyo stands behind Kaji. Kiyo’s forehead is bleeding. He has a serious attitude.)

Kiyo: I’m gonna kill you for doing that to me, Eli!

Eli: (Chuckles nervously) Sorry, Kiyo; I was improvising.

Kiyo: Kaji… Tell me why you live. Tell me why you fight to stay alive? Tell me why you killed Grandpa Wang from my village.

Kaji: I have my reasons, Kiyo (Turns to face Kiyo). (Grins) I had to lure you here somehow.

Kiyo: You don’t know me; why would you do that? Why would you murder an innocent old man?

Kaji: Allow me to tell you the truth of who I really am. I’m not the man you think I am, Kiyo. There’s more to me than meets the human eyes. You may be the only person in this world to understand that. That is why I chose you. I need your help.

Kiyo: You need my help…? What do you need me for?

TO BE CONTINUED…