Status: active

Kiyo Nakamoto

Kiyo Nakamoto Episode Twenty-Eight: The Elder's Scrolls

Spirit Beyond Saga

Spirit Guardian Arc

“Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Elder Scrolls”

(The Holy garden is a giant never ending world of life and peace. Only animals of peace inhabit the world. There are miles and miles of grass hills and flowers. Animals of nature use natural resources to survive and they do not fight with one another. A brown wooden door appears in the middle of the air in the grass field. Roukujin, Elijah, and Kiyo all walk through the door and enter into the Holy Garden. There is a sunset.)

Kiyo: So, this is the Holy Garden? Where’s the Holy fruit at; I’m starving. (Holds stomach) traveling through dimensions really builds up an appetite.)

Roukujin: Kiyo. You’re presence is not welcome here. You have a great evil inside of you which will corrupt the purity of this world. Leave, now.

Kiyo: But I just-

Roukujin: NOW!

Kiyo: Gosh, old man, you need a nap. (Leaves the Holy Garden)

Roukujin: Boy…

(Eli looks up at Roukujin. Roukujin stares forward at the sunset with the cool wind softly blowing through his hair.)

Roukujin: I am not here to train you. Here in this world of peace, you must meditate and search for the purified soul deep within you.

Eli: You mean my soul?

Roukujin: (Stays silent for 5 seconds) No. Within you is the soul of another. Her name is Ming.

Eli: Grandmother Ming?! She was the old lady who helped me fight Osmodeus when he attacked us in the forest.

Roukujin: After Osmodeus killed Ming, he took her soul in hopes of obtaining her powers, but her powers were instead passed onto you. She shifted half of her soul inside of you and sealed it away. Osmodeus has the other half. You must find Ming’s soul inside yourself and unleash her power. Once you do so, you will obtain powers beyond what you can believe.

Eli: I see. (Stares at hands) I do have monstrous strength and incredible speed, but I’ve just never known how to control it.

Roukujin: Ming has many powers. Once you meditate, you will obtain all of those powers. Osmodeus has many random abilities, but Ming too has many different powers.

Kiyo: No offense, old man, but Eli’s a physical kind of guy. He’d rather work hard to obtain physical power than to cheat his way to obtaining unlimited spiritual powers.

Roukujin: I THOUGHT YOU LEFT?!

Kiyo: Did you not notice the random floating doorway right next to you? Being on the other side of the door means I’m in a different dimension than you, but I can still hear everything you’re saying.

Roukujin: Training you is going to be a real pain.

Kiyo: The only training I need is learning new techniques to fight with in battle. You don’t need to teach me anything else.

Roukujin: Maybe I’ll teach you the secrets of the scrolls. (Rubs giant scroll against his nose and sniffs it really hard) Ahhh…

Kiyo: No thanks, Elder Pervert. You keep those to yourself.

Roukujin: YOU DARE REJECT THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE SCROLLS?! I SHALL HAVE YOU PUNISHED FOR THAT!

Eli: You got spit in my face.

Kiyo: (Argues) If you have a problem with it, Elder Pervert, see me in the battlefield right now!

Roukujin: (Calms down) I will show you the power of the scroll. You will bear witness to this divine power.

Kiyo: Oh so now you’re a divine pervert?

Roukujin: SHUT UP!

Eli: My eyes again…

Roukujin: You and I will have a quick match. But I warn you; there is no hope for your victory.

(Kiyo is standing up snoring. Nini crawls up to his face and pops his snot bubble to wake him up.)

Kiyo: Huh? What happened?

Roukujin: You think you can fall asleep on me, do you? (Stands silent for 5 seconds and feels the cool breeze once again) Let’s hope you do not make that same mistake on the battlefield.

(Minutes later, Kiyo and Roukujin face off in the dirt field in front of the Holy Lookout and down the hundreds of stairs. Nini is resting on Kiyo’s shoulder. Jiro, Kiyomi, Aiko, Mizuki, Rayna, Jinrei, Horns, and Ox King are all standing on the sidelines watching.)

Rayna: Roukujin was the one who taught me Spirit Energy. Other than that, he doesn’t know much about my general fighting style or the style I trained Kiyo in. The two of them both seem to have the element of surprised on their side.

Aiko: I have all faith in Kiyo to win this fight.

Kiyomi: (Squints her face) I have more faith than you.

Aiko: (Arguing) You do not! I have 10 times more faith in Kiyo than you!

Kiyomi: (Angry) Are you challenging my loyalty to my brother?!

Aiko: (Sticks tongue out at Kiyomi) What are you gonna do about it?

Kiyomi: How about we go right now!

Aiko: We already fought before and I beat you! I took pity and let you live. Actually, I did that twice!

Kiyomi: Well let’s just see if you can beat me when I’m not blind and I’m actually fighting back!

Aiko: 3 times the charm! I can beat you over and over again none stop!

Kiyomi: IT’S ON!

(Aiko and Kiyomi stare dead into each other’s eyes and shoot lighting at each other.)

Roukujin: And who are they?

Kiyo: My sister and another family member. Kiyomi gets really competitive when the subject is about me. (Yells) Kiyomi, Aiko!

Kiyomi: (Smiles and looks at Kiyo) Yes, my darling brother?

Kiyo: Stop arguing. You two can have your little cat fight after my match with the dirty elder here.

Aiko: Anything for you, sir!

Kiyomi: (Grunts at Aiko) This isn’t over.

Roukujin: Now, I have three giant scrolls here on my back! Let’s see how much of a beating you can handle from this power.

Kiyo: (Thinking) This old man must think I’m a fool. Each of those scrolls must have a different effect; or maybe they all have the same effect… well, this guy will have some surprises up his sleeve; or in this case, on his back. I have a few surprises of my own.

Roukujin: Hm! (Removes the top scroll from his back) All you have to do is land one punch on me. Seems simple enough, right?

Kiyo: (Impatient) Whatever, let’s just get on with it already!

Roukujin: (Stays silent for 3 seconds) Very well then. The first scroll…

(Roukujin opens the scroll and places his hand on the empty page.)

Roukujin: EARTH SUMMONING: THE POWER OF TERRA!

(The entire battlefield cracks from a very powerful shockwave. The scroll turns into hard rock. Roukujin then opens his mouth and shoves the giant scroll into his mouth. It only take him a few seconds to swallow the entire scroll whole.)

Kiyo: Nini, I don’t want you hurt; you stay out of this fight.

Nini: (pouts) No!

Kiyo: You’re just a baby, so get out of… (Sighs) fine, you can fight with me, but stay hidden and wait for an opportunity to strike.

(Nini runs off.)

Kiyo: Hey wait a minute… Did Nini just talk?!

(Roukujin takes his robe of and exposes his extremely muscled up body. He’s wearing stretchable black sweat pants. Kiyo takes off his opened cloak and his red headband and tosses them in the air. Kiyomi uses her wind power to pull Kiyo’s stuff toward her. Roukujin stands with his arms crossed.)

Roukujin: One hit is all you need. I will stand right here without moving.

Kiyo: (Angry) You underestimate me, pal!

(Kiyo shoots out a flamethrower from his palm at Roukujin. As the fire gets 4 feet away from Roukujin, a block of earth comes out from underground and Shields Roukujin from the flames. Kiyo stops after a few seconds. The block goes away.)

Kiyo: This isn’t a training session; it’s a fight! Attack me!

Roukujin: (sits down with his legs crossed and looks at a dirty magazine) I’d rather not. I have more entertaining things to do then toy around with you.

Kiyo: Alright then, you force me to do this.

(Kiyo’s eyes turn from red to blue and his palm forms a small blue and black sphere of energy. He points it at Roukujin.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) Darn it! I can’t always rely on the evil energy inside me. I could win this fight easily using this power. But any other attack I use won’t be able to pierce through his defenses… I think I get the old man’s plan now. (Out loud) Nini it’s time for you to fight with me! (Powers down)

(Kiyo throws another flamethrower at Roukujin. Another wall of earth shields him while he reads his magazine and chuckles. Nini turns into a spinning ball of fire and tries to hit Roukujin from the side. Another wall shields him. Nini desperately tries to break through the wall by spinning faster and faster against the wall. Kiyo uses his other hand to throw a big fireball in the air. The fireball rapidly shoots out tiny fireballs that rain down toward Roukujin. Roukujin shields himself in a complete bubble of earth. Nini runs up to Kiyo and falls down to the ground in exhaustion.)

Kiyo: (Kneels down and transfers his energy into Nini) I know you’re tired, Nini; but you can do this. I believe in you. I just need you to do one last thing for me.

(A few seconds later Nini turns into a spinning ball of fire and burrows underground. She continues to spin underground and create a tunnel until she eventually gets under Roukujin’s rock shield.)

Roukujin: Do you take me for a fool?! I will collapse the ground and crush you!

(Roukujin slams his palms on the ground and seals the tunnel Nini was buried in. Roukujin’s rock shield crumbles and fuses back into the ground.)

Kiyo: (Terrified and worried) Nini! No! Please tell me you’re still alive!

(Kiyo runs over by Roukujin and begins digging with his fingers.)

Kiyo: No, please don’t be dead…

(The ground cracks behind Roukujin and Nini quickly jumps out as a spinning fireball. Roukujin looks back and quickly sidesteps to dodge Nini’s attack. Kiyo punches Roukujin in the ribcage. Kiyo jumps around and holds his hand in pain. Roukujin seems unharmed by Kiyo’s hit.)

Kiyo: (In pain) AH! What are your abs made of, you dirty old man?! Ouch!

Roukujin: So you’ve landed a hit on me.

Kiyo: I could’ve easily broken that defense of yours; I just wanted Nini and I to do team work for once.

(Nini jumps on Kiyo’s shoulder.)

Kiyo: Nini, I have a feeling this old man is about to get serious now. You better stay back. Go over there by Kiyomi and Mizuki.

(Nini runs toward Kiyomi.)

Roukujin: How strong are you really, boy?

Kiyo: (Grins) Come find out.

Roukujin: Very well! Time for you to see the true power of the first scroll!

(Roukujin punches at the ground and a rockslide dashes directly at Kiyo. Kiyo jumps in the air and flips upside down. He extends his arm out and does a handstand with one hand. He creates a round spinning plate of fire. He slides the plate of fire and it rivals the rockslide Roukujin created. Roukujin yells and Kiyo’s plate of fire explodes along with the rockslide. As the smoke rises from the explosion, Roukujin dashes at Kiyo and lets off a devastating punch toward him. Kiyo’s fist catches on fire and the two of them slam each other’s fist together. They stare deep into each other’s eyes. The trees in the area begin to snap and crumble from the shockwave of their punch.)

Roukujin: I could kill you right now if I choose to do so.

Kiyo: I don’t need your pity. Don’t hold back anything! If I can’t handle what you throw my way, then I don’t deserve to live.

Roukujin: Very well.

(Shards of earth come from underground and shoot toward Kiyo’s back. Kiyo uses his Firewall technique and creates a fire shield behind him.)

Roukujin: THAT SHIELD IS USELESS!

(The shards past through the Firewall and catch on fire. The fire on Kiyo’s fis disappears and Roukujin’s punch slams Kiyo back. Kiyo’s body flies over the flaming shards. The shards keep going toward Roukujin. Roukujin dodges all three shards with no problem. Kiyo stands up and wipes the blood off his mouth. The three shards come flying back towards Roukujin’s back. Roukujin yells and the power of his sheer energy shatters the three shards and also put out the flames.)

Kiyo: (Surprised) There’s no way… How could you have possible seen those shards?! You’re eyes are always closed, so how can you see?!

Roukujin: I have a very powerful gift, boy. My eyes allow me to see everything around me. I also have X-ray vision.

Kiyo: That’s not true at all, is it?

Roukujin: So you’re good at seeing through lies.

Kiyo: I am. I think you feel the world through vibrations and energy. You use your energy to see, don’t you?

Roukujin: That is correct. My energy combines with the vibrations in the atmosphere and identifies everything around me.

Kiyo: That’s a nice gift. Of course you know I am a member of the Nakamoto clan.

Roukujin: Yes. The Nakamoto clan was destroyed in order to prevent them from taking over this world and tainting the stars with evil. I see only a few of you remain alive; you, your sister, Rayna, and her son Tyreese.

Kiyo: (Surprised) What?! Rayna, you never told me you were a member of my clan!

Rayna: Well you didn’t need to know.

Kiyo: So it’s established that you are a member of my family. Are you my mother?

Rayna: Well… I’m not saying I’m not… but I’m not saying I am.

Kiyo: (Sighs) We’ll deal with this later! For now, let’s finish this fight!

(Roukujin’s muscles go back to normal and the giant scroll he ate appears in his hands.)

Roukujin: The only down side to these scrolls is when using them on yourself, your power is very limited. Now… the second scroll. I SUMMON YOU DRAGON!

(A giant red dragon is summoned. The dragon is about 100ft tall. He stares down at Kiyo with piercing green eyes. Roukujin stands on the dragon’s head.)

Roukujin: Let’s see how you handle this one, boy.

Kiyo: Alright, Elder perv! I’m actually pretty excited to use this technique again. I’ve only used it once on Kaji.

Roukujin: This is an ancient dragon. His power is-

Kiyo: Blah, blah, blah; we all know how super powerful a dragon is now let’s end this already!

Roukujin: Very well.

(The dragon charges a red fire beam in its mouth. Kiyo surrounds himself in an aura of black energy. His eyes once again turn blue. He puts both of his palms together and aims them at the dragon. The dragon releases its blast down at Kiyo.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) Learn to rely on my own strength…

(Kiyo once again powers down and his eyes go back to normal.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) Aiko, Kiyomi, Jiro, Eli, Mizuki… If I don’t survive this, I want you all to know I love you.

(Nini stands beside Kiyo. The two of them smile at each other. Kiyo aims his palm at the dragon’s blast. Nini jumps into Kiyo’s palm.)

Kiyo: (Says to Nini) If we die, we together, huh? Let’s keep our fingers crossed that this works.

(The blast is about to make impact.)

Kiyo: FIRE CONCEAL!

(The fire blast that the dragon shot at Kiyo gets absorbed into Nini’s body. The blast goes on for 20 seconds. Once it’s over, Nini’s body blows up. Nini then stands next to Kiyo as large orange tiger with fur of thin fire.)

Kiyo: I can’t believe that actually worked. I knew that I could control fire, but I wasn’t sure whether or not I could actually control my enemy’s fire. It seems Nini being my spiritual creature allows her to control fire as well. But she sealed it into her own body and evolved from it. I wonder if she’ll stay this way.

Roukujin: You are learning, boy! We are all given spiritual partners for a reason! Their power helps complete ours! The bond between a Kotoda User and his spiritual partner is sacred and very powerful. The more powerful the bond; the stronger you each become.

Kiyo: So, Old man, so far I’ve seen these fancy scrolls of yours and I’ve seen your spiritual partner, but what are your original Kotoda powers?

Roukujin: I don’t have any.

Kiyo: Than how do you have a dragon as a spiritual partner?! Only Kotoda Users have spiritual partners.

(Roukujin jumps off the head of the dragon and slams onto the ground in front of Kiyo.)

Roukujin: The scrolls I posses allow me to become master of any energy form; this includes Kotoda energy. Now, with just one scroll I can summon any Kotoda creature of any element type. I can also use any Kotoda energy element. I can use the scrolls to even master Spiritual Energy! These are divine scrolls boy. I refuse to use them at their maximum power on you. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!

Kiyo: Nini has just been given extraordinary power. She would like to try it out, if you don’t mind. So let’s continue this.

Roukujin: Very well.

(Roukujin returns the dragon back into the scroll. He takes a few steps back.)

Roukujin: The third scroll.

(Roukujin’s third scroll summons… a panda eating bamboo. The Panda has a very cool and laidback manly voice.)

Panda: You better have a good reason for calling me here, Roukujin.

Roukujin: The boy’s spiritual pet would like to test out its new power. So why not humor the thing?

Panda: Ha, this thing isn’t even worth my time.

(Nini becomes a really big spinning ball of fire and quickly dashed at the Panda. The Panda opens his mouth and spits out a blue blast beam. The blast hits Nini and sends her flying back. Kiyo catches her and the two of them fall to the ground.)

Roukujin: You were supposed to humor them and be gentle.

Panda: Sometimes I just don't like toying around with such fragile toys, and besides, that blast wasn’t even half my strength. It was less than 25%.

(Nini powers back down to her original form, except now, she has white fur instead of orange.)

Roukujin: Playtime is over for you now, boy. I will show you the power of two spiritual partners. The Panda here is not a Kotoda spirit at all, but a sacred spirit. Only those with the gift to manipulate spiritual energy can summon him into the mortal world!

Kiyo: Alright Elder Perve. Nini and I may not even be half as strong as you are, but the two of us refuse to lose this fight!

(Nini stands beside Kiyo exhausted but ready to fight.)

Kiyo: Nini, I will give you 75% of my energy to fight with okay. I know I’m overworking you in this battle, but we need to become strong. Just stay strong with me okay.

(Nini Nods her head in agreement.)

Kiyo: Alright then, here we go.

(Kiyo focuses all of his energy into a single ball. He throws that ball at Nini and the energy goes into her body. Nini’s fur begins to sway like flames in soft wind.)

Roukujin: You have maybe 10% of power left now. How do you plan to fight back with such low energy?! I am still at 100% because not once have I used any of my own attacks against you.

Kiyo: Alright, Nini, let’s end this.

(Nini once again evolves into the white flamed-fur tiger. The panda prepares another mouth blast but this time the energy of the attack is so intense, that lighting begins to spark through it. Roukujin raises both of his arms up to his chest and creates a light blue energy ball. Nini prepares a mouth blast of fire, and Kiyo aims his palm at Roukujin but hesitates to create a blast. He drops his palm.)

Kiyo: Nini, don’t attack. This next move of mine will end both of them. This is my special technique. I’ve taught myself this move many years ago, but I can never control it. This old man seems to know this technique also and he’s mastered it. I think I’m understanding how to control it now by watching him.

(Kiyo raises his hands up to his chest and creates a dark blue ball. He then aims the blue ball at Roukujin. Despite Kiyo’s orders, Nini charges for an attack anyway. The four of them finally unleash all of their blasts. The blasts slam into each other and create a massive explosion. The explosion destroys most of the area they are all in and creates a giant crater in the ground. Hundreds of trees which surround the Holy Lookout are all destroyed and wiped completely out. Roukujin stands over the crater looking down inside of it as his body appears damaged with blood and scratches.)

Roukujin: (Thinking) You did well, kid. It’s amazing you were able to use such a powerful technique.

(Kiyo crawls out from under the dirt inside the crater lightly battle damaged.)

Roukujin: You’re still standing?

Kiyo: (Smiles) I told you we wouldn’t stop until we win this fight.

Roukujin: Than our fight shall continue.

Kiyo: Actually, this fight is over.

Roukujin: Is it now?

Kiyo: Have you noticed Nini and your panda are missing?

Roukujin: Panda is standing right behind me.

(Roukujin looks behind him and sees Nini’s claw stabbed through Panda’s heart.)

Panda: (Weak and in pain) Roukujin… they planned for this to happen. The blasts they used were made to cause a massive explosion so that you and I wouldn’t be able to detect their movements. This stupid cat was too fast for me to detect; that’s why her paw is stuck in my chest right now.

(Kiyo crawls out of the crater and stands next to Roukujin.)

Kiyo: Interesting theory, but you are wrong. Nini stabbing you in the heart was unplanned. But great job for improvising, partner! (Gives Nini a thumbs up)

Panda: I best be going now. I need to heal my wounds.

(Panda’s body turns into blue dust and disappears.)

Kiyo: Alright, let’s end this, Nini.

(Kiyo tries to throw a regular punch at Roukujin and Nini turns into a flamewheel once again. Roukujin kicks Kiyo away and uses both his hands to hold the spinning flamewheel. Kiyo creates a blue energy ball in his right palm and slams it into Roukujin’s back.)

Kiyo: Raikaga!

(A beam shoots out of the blue ball and crushes Roukujin into Nini’s Flamewheel. There is another massive explosion. After a few seconds, Roukujin is lying in the dirt on his stomach; Kiyo and Nini have already fallen asleep with Nini down to regular size and on Kiyo’s chest. Rayna, Aiko, and Kiyomi stand over Kiyo’s body.)

Kiyomi: (Amazed) I never knew Kiyo had so much power…

Rayna: (Crosses arms) Kiyo fought well, but his full strength wasn’t displayed during this fight. I’ve seen him do more. He was just having fun with the old man during this fight. But I think the old man was having fun as well. Neither of them fought at their full power, but they both had fun and learned from each other.

Aiko: (Thinking) I pledged to be just as strong as Kiyo and one day become his queen once he became king of this world. But I’m just a normal girl; I can’t possible match his strength. Maybe I need to just work harder is all… I don’t know…

Kiyomi: Kiyo’s got the right idea; maybe we should all get some shuteye.

Rayna: You can go ahead; I don’t sleep.

Aiko: (Serious) Hey, Kiyomi. You and me; right now!

Kiyomi: No thanks; we’ll fight some other time.

(Kiyomi lies on her back next to Kiyo and prepares to go to sleep.)

Aiko: Fine. I suppose I’ll just go fight Jiro then. Both of us are sword fighters!

Kiyomi: Don’t get yourself killed.

Aiko: Hey! I can beat Jiro! Do you not have any faith in me?!

Kiyomi: Nope.

Aiko: (Annoyed) Whatever…

Jiro: Alright, Aiko, let’s go get some sparring done.

TO BE CONTINUED…