Status: active

Kiyo Nakamoto

Kiyo Nakamoto Episode Twenty-Nine: The Kitten VS The Lion, Set Fire to the Land

Spirit Beyond Saga

Spirit Guardian Arc

“Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Kitten VS. The Lion, Set Fire to the Land”

(The Holy Garden)

(Eli sits in the grass meditating. Various deer and butterfly rest near him and on his head. It is sunny in the Garden but there is no sun in the sky.)

Eli: (Takes deep breath) Alright, focus, Elijah! You can do this; you just need focus.

(Eli takes another deep breath. Seconds later, Grandma Ming stands behind him in her yellow kimono dress.)

Ming: I knew I was right to trust you with it.

Eli: Huh?

(Eli stands up and turns around to face Ming. He quickly smiles and gives her a great big hug. She smiles and hugs him back.)

Eli: I never thought I would see you again, Grandma Ming!

Ming: It’s good to see you too, dear, but I still won’t be here forever. (Both stop hugging) While I was inside your mind, I was able to learn some very interesting secrets about you and your heritage.

Eli: (Looks away and stammers) Oh… really now? What exactly did you find out?

Ming: I found out your parents were both from different clans and you have power inside you which has never been awakened.

Eli: I am aware of my other abilities. I never asked to be born with them and my entire family was killed because of the powers they possessed. Osmodeus was the one who killed them. After my family was killed, I ran away and never stopped until I met you in the forest.

Ming: Your friends have been around you awhile now, but not once have they asked you about your clan or where you even come from. It’s quite amazing actually.

Eli: Yeah, well they don’t ask; I don’t tell.

Ming: They are your family, Elijah and eventually, they will know the truth.

Eli: Not if I don’t tell them.

Ming: One way or another, the truth will be revealed, but back to the original point; you called me here to set my soul free and obtain my full physical powers. Unfortunately, that is impossible. Halve of my soul is with my brother Osmodeus. You will have to obtain that other half before you can obtain my power and set me free.

Eli: (Serious attitude) Fine! (Punches palm) Give me half of the power you have right now and I’ll make sure to crush Osmodeus the next time I see him.

(A deep demented voice talks to him from behind.)

Osmodeus: How about we settle this now?

“The Kitten VS The Lion, Set Fire to the Land”

(The animals run off and Eli turns around to face Osmodeus. Eli has a fierce attitude the entire time.)

Eli: This place is sacred and it’s in a completely different dimension, Osmodeus. How did you get in here?!

Osmodeus: Ming’s soul is still within my possession. I was able to use the purity it to enter this world.

Eli: And because you had half of her soul it automatically brought you here to us because it wanted to be whole again.

Osmodeus: Ah, someone’s gotten smarter since the last time we met. Listen, I’m a big fan of games, so why not play one of my personal favorites? It’s a… soul bet. (Chuckles)

Eli: If we beat you, you hand over the other half of Ming’s soul.

Osmodeus: But if I win, I get your soul.

Ming: What! No!

Eli: Deal!

Osmodeus: I take back that compliment earlier about you being smarter. You do realize you have no chance against me?

Eli: Once Grandma Ming gives me her power it’ll be enough to stop you!

Osmodeus: We’ll see, kid. I don’t plan to stretch this fight out very long, so I’ll loosen up a bit and get more comfortable.

(Osmodeus grabs the top of his hood and slowly begins to finally reveal his face.)

(Holy Sanctuary)

(A little 12 year old girl named Jane is panicking and constantly pestering Kiyo as he walks down the hall of the sanctuary. The little girl has long black hair, light brown eyes, red shoes, dark blue pants, and an orange sweater.)

Jane: Oh my, gosh! Why are you walking so slooow?! I came to you and told you that your best friend is in trouble and all you do is act like you don’t care! You seriously have some issues, buddy! I would hate for you to be my best friend; if I ever needed you-

Kiyo: Shut up! Jane, why are you even here? How are you even here?

Jane: Well you used a special spiritual technique to locate me, remember? Back when your friends were fighting Kaji, you told my sister Sabrina that you would try and locate my soul to see how I was doing. When you did that, you freed my soul from the barrier of the Dark Castle. It took me awhile to find you after I was free, but I’m here now and I was able to sense your friend Eli in danger!

Kiyo: Okay so now that your soul is free, are you just gonna follow me around all the time?

Jane: I actually need you to take me back to the Dark Castle. My sister Sabrina and Joseph are both still on their way there to save me, but they don’t understand that I’m already free. All I need now is a body and I can live again. The Irony of this whole thing is that my body is actually at the Dark Castle.

Kiyo: WHAT?!

Jane: Well yeah… you see, once Prince captures a person’s soul, he’s able to recreate their physical body and use their dead corpses as puppets. My body is stall capable of using my powers too.

Kiyo: (Scratches head) What was your power again… oh yeah- you were super annoying!

Jane: (Scrunches face, crosses arms, and grunts) You’re so lucky I don’t have a physical body to hit you with.

Kiyo: So this Prince guy is the leader of the Dark Castle right? He’s the one who captures people’s souls and keeps their physical bodies, right?

Jane: Correct!

Kiyo: At some point I actually thought about going to him so he could take away the evil soul that’s inside of me. I’m glad I reconsidered.

Jane: Look, I don’t want my sister going to that castle and getting herself killed! You and your team need to do all you can to make sure she’s unharmed!

Kiyo: Your sister is just gonna have to wait. Right now, my team and I need to travel to the desert, find an ancient hidden spirit temple and find the next guardian of Earth. Once that mission is done, we’ll save your sister Sabrina.

Jane: UGH WHATEVER! (Disappears)

(Kiyo walks into the door which leads to the Holy Garden. Osmodeus takes off his hood and his head is nothing but a shining metal skeleton with glowing bright green eyes. His teeth are like a shark’s and they stretch from one ear to the other.)

Osmodeus: So, the Nakamoto boy comes to backup his companion.

Eli: Alright, now I know for sure I can’t lose.

Kiyo: I’m not here to help anybody. I just came in here to watch.

Eli: (Eyes turn white) YOU WHAT?!

Kiyo: Eli, you can handle this guy. I just fought with Elder Roukujin: Master of the ancient scrolls, and even though we both weren’t at our full power, I still won. I’ve exhausted all of my energy out so there’s not much I can do during this fight. (Crosses arms) If nothing, I’d just be in the way.

Eli: Fine! Ming, let me borrow your power.

Ming: Yes, Elijah.

Kiyo: No! Eli, you will enter in this fight using your bare strength alone. Ming can give you a lot of power, but you need to realize that your battles need to be fought with the strength you’ve obtained by yourself.

Eli: But I don’t have any strength. All of my powers came from Ming after her soul jumped into me. That time we fought Magnes and his son, the time we fought Kaji and his clones; I was using Ming’s physical powers.

Kiyo: No you weren’t! Ming’s soul and her physical power were sealed inside you, but it was never unsealed until now. What happened in those battles was a result of your own strength. Now do me a favor: Stop back-talking me and give Osmodeus and me what we came here for- An entertaining fight!

Osmodeus: Alright, let’s start this.

(Kiyo closes the door and it disappears in mid-air. He stands next to Ming.)

Eli: Don’t hold back, Osmodeus.

Osmodeus: I will do what I please, boy.

Eli: Alright! Here comes the first punch!

(Eli runs at Osmodeus, jumps, and then attempts to punch him in the face. Osmodeus casually stands. Eli’s fist is about to make contact. It gets closer and closer. Eli’s fist then phases right through Osmodeus’ face and comes out through the back of his head. Eli’s arm then gets stuck inside of Osmodeus’ head. Eli presses his feet against Osmo’s shoulders to yank his arm out, but then his ankles phase through Osmo’s body and get stuck inside.)

Eli: EGH! What is this!

Osmodeus: You aren’t even enough for a warm-up. I thought you would’ve grown stronger since our last encounter.

Eli: I’m not out yet! I can still win this fight!

Osmodeus: I can kill you in many different ways right now! I can use the wind to slice you in half if I choose to do so.

Eli: Give me your best shot then!

Osmodeus: I will just extract your soul right now.

(Osmodeus places one hand on Eli’s chest. Eli’s body glows a very thin light green aura of energy and he phases all the way through Osmo’s body he hits the ground and the aura goes away. Eli quickly kicks Osmo in his back and sends him tumbling a few feet. Osmodeus turns around to look at Eli.)

Osmodeus: So, you’ve learned a new trick.

Eli: I can manipulate the energy within my own body to increase my reflexes, strength, and speed. By spreading the energy aura around my body, I was able to change the matter and weight of my own body. By changing the matter of my own body, I was able to make my energy pass through yours.

Osmodeus: So that’s the origin of your abilities, I see. So you have the same abilities as my sister Ming and I…

Eli: I always thought Ming was the one who gave me this power, but I see now I was wrong, this has always been mine.

Osmodeus: I know exactly what you are capable of. You can change the frequency of your energy and connect it with others, which means my phasing won’t work on you anymore. Let’s see how you handle this next technique of mine!

(Osmodeus’ body surrounds itself in electricity. The lightning then shoots up into the sky and turn the clouds dark. Eli looks up into the sky. A lightning bolt comes striking down toward Eli. The lightning bolt hits Eli in the face and the electricity surges through his entire body. A chain of never-ending lightning comes crashing down on Eli. Eli grunts and does all he can to withstand the pain. He grinds his teeth and clenches his fists.)

Osmodeus: (Thinking) There’s no way this kid can withstand all this lightning. He may have the ability to manipulate energy, but he’s only limited to manipulating his own energy… or so I think…

(Osmodeus’ eyess turn gold for 4 seconds.)

Osmodeus: (Thinking) I see… No wonder why Ming took interest in this kid’s body and transferred her soul into him after I killed her. Now that I know the truth of his power, I’ll make sure not to kill him during this fight. But I’ll just have fun with him a bit and test out his skills.

(The lightning stops. Eli teleports in front of Osmodeus and punches at his face. Osmodeus blocks with both arms. Eli screams and the lightning surging around their bodies explode. Osmodeus is thrown back a few feet. He slides through the ground on one knee. Eli teleports once again in Osmodeus’ face. Osmodeus dodges the punch then throws a punch at Eli’s chest. Eli smacks his fist away and does a twist kick toward the side of Osmodeus’ face. Osmodeus ducks; Eli teleports behind Osmodeus and tried to kick him with both feet at the same time. Osmodeus reaches behind him and grabs both of Eli’s ankles. Osmodeus throws Eli forward 12 feet and as soon as Eli’s body touches the ground, he teleports above Osmo in mid air in an instant. Eli’s entire body continued to surge with electricity. He tries to crush Osmo’s head with a straight punch. Osmo grabs Eli’s fist with his palm and shoots out a green energy blast. Eli gets hit by it and is being pushed up into the sky. The entire sky then turns red and a giant Meteor comes out of the sky above Eli.)

Osmodeus: Let’s see how quick you are when your body is crushed like a grape!

(Eli focuses all of his energy on his body’s strength and durability. Eli is slowly able to turn around so the green blast pushes him up by his back. Eli’s gets close to the meteor and punches it as hard as he can. The green blast slams Eli through the meteor and causes a huge explosion in the sky.)

Osmodeus: Oops, I overdid it again. The boy was supposed to remain alive. (Says to Kiyo) I am sorry for killing your friend, boy.

(Kiyo stands silent with his arms crossed and an intense look on his face.)

Osmodeus: The silent type, huh?

Kiyo: (Says with a tough guy attitude) I get grumpy when I haven’t had enough food. (Stomach growls) I wish Eli would hurry up and finish this fight before I die of starvation. (Cries and whimpers) Why must my stomach be a black hole?! I’m always hungry!

Osmodeus: (Looks up) Hmm?

(Eli yells and smashes a flaming meteorite into Osmodeus’ face and crushes him into the ground until it explodes. Eli slides back and stops on one knee.)

Kiyo: (Angry) HEY, YOU COPY, THAT WAS MY MOVE! THAT THE MOVE I USED TO BEAT KAJI WITH!

Eli: Yeah, well you copied my Mercer Dive move when you fought with Nissa back in the royal city after it blew up! I used that move on Magnes’ henchmen in the park originally!

Kiyo: Whatever, we’re even now!

(Osmodeus crawls from under the small hole in the ground and stands up.)

Osmodeus: There’s no way you could’ve survived that explosion.

Eli: I used my energy to increase the durability of my body.

Osmodeus: But still… Wait…

(Osmodeus grabs his face with his hand a piece chips off. He throws the piece of his face down on the ground and lowers his hand slowly.)

Osmodeus: My body’s not healing. I need to go back and recharge.

Eli: (Fierce) You’re not getting away from me that easily!

Osmodeus: Until next time, boy.

(Osmodeus’ body begins waddle and he slowly begins to disappear.)

Eli: I said NO!

(Eli runs after Osmodeus.)

Kiyo: (Nervous) Ugh?! Eli, come back now!

(Eli grabs onto Osmodeus and the two of them begin to teleport away. Kiyo jumps and grabs on to Osmodeus to be taken away with them. The three of them appears in front of the Holy Lookout where Kiyo and Roukujin fought. Osmodeus lands on his feet; Eli lands on his face. He takes a few seconds to pick himself up and stands. As soon as he does so, Kiyo falls right on top of him and knocks him back down.)

Eli: No fair; why am I always the one being picked on?

Kiyo: (Chuckles nervously) Sorry about that.

(The two of them both stand up and face Osmodeus.)

Eli: Our fight still isn’t over yet.

Osmodeus: Since my body’s feeding on itself and depleting me from energy, I suppose now I can use my full strength.

(Osmodeus teleports everyone back into the Holy Garden where they were at before.)

Osmodeus: (Thinking) My body can’t take much more. It’s bad enough my skin has already been dissolved. I am nothing but bones now… literally

(Osmo looks at his hand and the flesh is no longer there.)

Osmodeus: One good thing about this is these idiots don’t know what my real face looks like. If they knew who I really was… Well, I don’t even want to think about it.

(Osmodeus extends his left arm. The wind begins to suck into his arm and spiral until he creates a glowing green disc of extremely fast and powerful wind.)

Osmodeus: I picked up this little trick from your sister, Kiyo!

Kiyo: I thought I recognized that energy. How are you able to use Kiyomi’s power?!

Osmodeus: Doesn’t matter; NOW DIE!

(Osmodeus throws the disc. Eli catches it with his two palms, but the disc continues to spin and Eli struggles to keep it still. He focuses all his energy and squeezes the disc until it shatters. Osmodeus dashes at Eli and punches him in the face with his metal fist. Eli goes flying back about 40 feet into the grass field.)

Osmodeus: I’m done playing games with you, boy!

(Osmodeus raises his hand and the sky once again turns dark red. It then begins to rain average-sized meteors.)

Eli: (Thinking) He plans on burning down the entire field of grass! There’s nothing I can do to stop them. Ugh what do I do?!

Osmodeus: I will show you true evil! This world is nothing but an infinite patch of grass! Once I set fire to it, it will burn forever!

Eli: I won’t let you do it!

Osmodeus: It’s already done!

(The meteors rain down on the grass field and create huge patches of fires. All Eli can do is stand and watch the flames spread. Osmodeus stands in front of Eli and chuckles.)

Osmodeus: You’ve lost this fight. I could’ve taken you out within seconds, but right now I am limited to using less than 10 percent of my normal power.

Eli: (Surprised) All of those powers you threw out… and you were uses less than ¼ of your power?!

Osmodeus: I’ve been around awhile. No one can match my skills.

Kiyo: I bet you I can. (Grins) I’m actually looking forward to the day you and I fight.

Osmodeus: Even if you did use your full strength on me, you wouldn’t be able to lay a finger on me. You and your team are child’s play to me.

Kiyo: We’ll see you again soon Osmodeus.

Osmodeus: For your sake, let’s hope not.

(Osmodeus creates a wormhole in his hand and sucks himself inside of it. The wormhole disappears.)

Eli: So that’s it?! We’re just gonna let him go?!

Kiyo: You may not be able to see it now, Eli, but we were lucky to have survived this fight. I’ll put all the flames out and we’ll get out of here.

(Holy Sanctuary)

(Roukujin is in the Holy Courtyard watching Jiro and Aiko spare using their swords. Jiro seems to have the upper hand. Horns and Ox stand on the right side of Roukujin. Roukujin stands on a tall stone bench.)

Horns: Master Roukujin, how much longer before their journey can begin?

Roukujin: Very soon…

Ox: No disrespect, sir, but that’s not an acceptable answer.

Roukujin: It will have to be for now.

Horns: (Sighs) I can’t believe we’re stuck with this procrastinate, perverted, old man while the world remains without a guardian.

Roukujin: You too can be a perverted old man… it just takes time and years of special training.

Horns: (Sarcasm) Oh great he’s a comedian too; we hit the jackpot.

(Kiyomi and Rayna are on the roof of the Holy Lookout; the two of them silently faceoff about 5 feet away from one another with intensity in their eyes.)

Rayna: Do you mind telling me what your personal grudge is against me?

Kiyomi: You and me are all alone now, Rayna, so stop pretending to be the innocent one. Those times when I would leave Kaji’s mansion and go out into the world, I was harming innocent people and using them as target practice to hone my skills. One time I saw you. You destroyed an entire village of people. And you seemed to really be enjoying it.

Rayna: (Grins and chuckles) Ooh, it seems I have a stalker.

Kiyomi: (Angry) That’s only one reason why I hate you!

Rayna: Let me guess the second reason why you hate me: it’s because I’m older than you and still have a more outstanding figure than you? Oh yeah that’s definitely it.

Kiyomi: (Angry Grunts) Fine, I’ll give you that one! The third reason is because you have always been there for my brother and I haven’t! I want nothing more than to have back the time my brother and I spent apart.

Rayna: Am I supposed to care about your pathetic needs in life? I don’t know who’s more of a loser your brother or you.

Kiyomi: (Defensive and angered) My brother is a good person! Don’t you ever call him pathetic!

Rayna: I’ve trained the brat the past 10 years. Unlike you, I’ve been there in his life; I can address him anyway I wish.

Kiyomi: Gosh I don’t see how Kiyo could put up with you all these years.

Rayna: (Smiles with sarcasm) What can I say; I’m just easy to get along with.

Kiyomi: I bet I could beat you in a fight right now, Rayna.

Rayna: There’s no doubt in my mind you’d put up a halfway decent fight against me… oh wait… yes there is.

Kiyomi: (Aims her fist at Rayna) Believe me when I say I’m a lot stronger than you could ever imagine.

Rayna: Whatever. (Crosses arms and closes eyes) I am a legend, you little amateur. As a teenager, I was crowned one of the top 15 strongest fighters this world had to offer.

Kiyomi: (Uninterested) And your point is…?

Rayna: (Angry) My point is; I can beat your butt into next week!

Kiyomi: (Smiles) Thanks for the offer, but I like my butt; it stays with me.

Rayna: Let’s just see how well you can block just this one attack.

(Within an instant second an invisible aura of energy surges through Rayna’s body and causes the ground she stands on the crack and break off tiny pebble pieces.)

Rayna: Hopefully Kiyo won’t get too mad if I accidently kill you.

Kiyomi: (Intensity) Give me your most powerful attack; if I die from it, I’m not worthy enough to live and protect my brother.

Rayna: It’s your funeral.

(Rayna aims her palm at Kiyomi and within 2 seconds, a huge blue blast, bigger than Rayna’s entire body, shoots out. Kiyomi quickly takes a few steps back and opens her right palm out towards the blast. She catches the blast in her palm and it begins to suck into Kiyomi’s palm like a vacuum. Rayna realizes her blast is doing no damage and stops after 10 seconds. Rayna looks at Kiyomi’s palm and in her palm is a spinning glowing orb of energy.)

Rayna: That’s a fancy trick.

Kiyomi: It took me awhile to perfect this one. I pretty much suck in my opponent’s blast with my own Wind Kotoda power; I then create a spinning orb of Wind Kotoda, surrounding the opponent’s energy and being able to keep it concealed and under my control.

Rayna: (Smiles) Kotoda power is what makes us Cursed Blood Users so godly. That’s one reason why Osmodeus, Angel, and Phantom work so hard to destroy them all. If I were you, I would watch out for my crew. Angel has been keeping tabs on your team and she knows how powerful you can all become. She was fascinated with it at first, but now she’s beginning to reconsider letting you all live free.

Kiyomi: (Nervous) I’m not an idiot; I know how dangerous she can be.

Rayna: You’re arm is beginning to tremble and you’re sweating like a pig. I’m guessing that’s one of your weaknesses with that fancy power of yours?

Kiyomi: (Chuckles) Unfortunately it is.

(Kiyomi throws the orb at Rayna and Rayna moves her head to the side to dodge it. The blast goes into the forest and blows up over a dozen trees.)

Kiyomi: I appreciate you telling me Angel’s intensions, but we don’t need your help, Rayna.

Rayna: Without my help, you’d be dead already. And by the way, good luck on your journey to find the next guardian. (Walks away)

(Three days have passed and everyone stands in front of the Holy Mansion. Team Kiyo have their bags of supplies, food, and essentials.)

Horns: You all remember where you’re going right?

Kiyo: (Happy) Of course we don’t!

Horns: You have no sense of direction, do you?!

Kiyo: Nope! That’s what maps are for!

Jiro: But you can’t even read a map.

Kiyo: That’s what Smart people are for!

Jiro: But you’re not smart.

Kiyo: That’s what Eli’s for!

Jiro: I guess…

Eli: So I’m the smart one of the group? Awesome!

Aiko: Alright, team! Let’s move out and begin our journey!

Kiyo: Hey, that’s my line.

Aiko: Oh, (Giggles) sorry.

Kiyomi: Alright team! Let’s move out and begin our Journey! Our next destination is…

Horns: You still don’t know where you’re going?

Kiyo: Nope!

Kiyomi: Hey, where’s that perverted old man at?

Ox: He’s off studying his scrolls.

Jiro: You mean his stash, right?

Ox: Pretty much.

Kiyo: Wow, I can’t wait to fight that man in an all-out battle sometime in the future. There are actually a few people who I wish to get have an all-out battle with… (Stares deep into Aiko’s eyes) Aiko, you’re one of them.

Aiko: Wait, what?! Why me?

Kiyo: Because you have a great power inside of you which you haven’t unlocked yet. Once you learn to unlock and control your full Bloodtrait ability, I want to engage in battle with you. (Smiles)

Aiko: (Thinking) Only you can make getting beat up sound so romantic, Kiyo…

Kiyo: (Thinking) Aiko, you’ve been a part of this crew for weeks now; but despite your friendly face, your true self has not yet been revealed. What really goes on in that head of yours? And considering your dark past and what Jason told you, why has your mentality been shut down? I hope to find this out soon…

TO BE CONTINUED…