Status: active

Kiyo Nakamoto

Kiyo Nakamoto Episode Three: The tunnel of Darkness, family rescue (Magnes Arc)

The Kaji Empire/Kindred Saga:

The Magnes Arc:

“Chapter Three: Tunnel of Darkness, Family Rescue”

Previously… A man named Jinrei invaded Kiyo’s village with a few members of his gang. Kiyo disposed of them quickly. Jinrei told Kiyo about how he was followed by Kaji for stealing a very special custom made weapon. Kaji killed Kiyo’s grandpa and delivered a message to Kiyo. Kiyo was told to give himself up, or his village will be invaded. Jinrei told Kiyo to travel to Seigen town to acquire weapons to help the village protect themselves. Eli attempted to save the life of his grandmother Ming, but failed. Osmodeus displayed his unlimited power by creating a flaming meteor shower. Eli survived the battle, then later meet Kiyomi. She is still blind from her battle with Aiko. Aiko has returned. Could it be for a rematch, or for blood?

(The moon is full and bright. The wind slightly picks up. The fataleAiko silently sits on a tree branch with a demonic bloodlust look in her glowing red eyes. She slowly draws a kunai knife from her side pouch. She raises it up to her face. The light emitting from the moon reflects of the perfectly sharpened blade. Aiko looks into the reflection of her blade and behind her she sees a silent owl staring down at the ground at something. It is a mouse sniffing for food. Aiko quickly flicks the kunai knife at Kiyomi’s face. Kiyomi is blind and cannot see, but she hears the faint sounds of the blade cutting through the air. Drops of blood then spray all over the ground. The owl is seen flying away from a distance, but did it grab its prey?Aiko jumps out of the tree and giggles.)

Aiko: You’re a fast one.

(Eli is standing in front of Kiyo with a determined look on his face. His arm is extended and the kunai has stabbed through Eli’s hand. He glares at Aiko and pulls the kunai out.)

Kiyomi: (Alerted) Eli, what’s going on? What was that?!

Aiko: The cute one jumped in the way and risked his own life to save you. You’re one lucky duck.

Eli: I don’t know who you are, but you should leave now before things get ugly!

Aiko: (Smiles at Eli)You’re cute when you’re angry, you know that? (Equips a dagger) I really hate to ruin that face of yours.

Kiyomi: No, stop, Eli! She will kill you. Her mind is unstable. She may act childish but behind those eyes are nothing but an abyss of evil.

(A close up of her red eyes are shown and the wind slightly picks up once again.)

Eli: Looking into her eyes are giving me the chills even from all the way over here. (Cringes in pain for a quick second) Butso what? I’ll protect you no matter what. I failed to protect Grandma Ming, but I will not fail to protect you.

Kiyomi: Aiko is a professional assassin. She is a rank 4. She’s one of the top 5 assassins in her guild.

Eli: I don’t care!

Aiko: Ready… Go!

(Aiko charges at Eli full speed and stops a few inches away from his body, glaring him in his eyes.)

Eli: (Stunned) How could she move so fast?

(Aiko kicks Eli in the face and he hits Kiyomi. The two of them fall to the ground. Aiko jumps in the air with a dagger in her hand. She tries crushing Eli with the full force of the blade. Eli jumps out of the way and Aiko hit’s the ground. She pulls her knife out and points at Eli. Eli’s hand begins to leak blood from his hand.)

Aiko: Are you sure you can fight with that hand?

Eli: What? (Grunts) Shut up and fight me!

(Aiko’s personality changes and she starts acting serious.)

Aiko: But you’re bleeding. You need help.

Eli: I don’t care! Stop wasting time and just fight me already!

Aiko: I can’t fight a kid. I can’t kill you…

(Silence consumes the battlefield. The wind is calm.)

Aiko: (Puts her dagger away) I’m sorry. Please forgive me. I only came here to kill Kiyomi… (Stares down at the ground) I haven’t taken a life in days… This urge is too strong… It’s unbearable. (Turns around) I’m sparing your lives just this once. If we cross paths again, I promise you the outcome will not be the same.

Eli: If we are ever in that situation, I’ll be at full strength to take you down.

Aiko: (Grins) I doubt that kid, and not for the reason you think. (Her dagger shown dripping with his blood.)

(Aiko jumps away into the forest. Kiyomi is sitting down by a tree covering her shirtless body.)

Eli: So much has happened today. I’m not sure how to feel right now.

Kiyomi: Getting to Seigen Town is what’s important right now. You can think while we walk.

Eli: (Looks down) Ok. Oh I almost forgot. (Smiles) I’ll go get my jacket. I’ll be right back. Don’t go anywhere, okay?

Kiyomi: You don’t have to worry about that. I’m not going anywhere.

(Eli smiles and runs away to get the jacket.)

(The next morning)

(Eli and Kiyomi are standing on top of a grassy hill. The two of them are starring at Seigen Town with huge smiles on their faces. Seigen is a small town with no more than 70 small buildings total. The town does however have more than one grassy park.Mizuki lands on Kiyomi’s shoulder.)

Kiyomi: I’m so excited to finally visit Seigen! The town may be small but it’s well-known for its variety in cultural clothing!

(Kiyomi pets Mizuki and Mizuki rubs his head against Kiyomi’s. She begins to chuckle a bit. Eli stares at their joy and cracks a small smile. Eli’s head, however, is beginning to drip with sweat.)

Eli: So how long have the two of you been together?

Kiyomi: I guess you could say a few weeks, why do you ask?

Eli: I can tell the two of you have a really close bond. It’s amazing you two became such buddies in a short time.

Kiyomi: But of course.Mizuki here is my spiritual animal. When those with cursed blood reach a certain level of their abilities, we’re given a special creature from another world to serve as our faithful companion!

Eli: (Looks away nervous and in shame) I wouldn’t know anything about that…

Kiyomi: Trust me, I barely understand it myself. I didn’t have anyone to teach me these things so I had to seek knowledge the old fashioned way- Books!

Eli: EWW!

Kiyomi: I am a huge history freak and an obsessive knowledge seeker. (Smiles)Our spiritual creatures are supposed to grant us great power, according to the books I’ve read, but I still haven’t figured out how to use this seemingly great power.

Eli: (Distanced)Well hey, we should get going now. I don’t think my blue jacket would be considered clothing in public. We should get you to a clothing store(Nervously laughs).

Kiyomi: (Chuckles) Yeah, I agree. I hope you have money. My hard-earns decided to ditch me back at the waterfall when I got stuck.

(Forest)

(A confused Kiyo is seen wondering through the forest with no sense of direction or knowledge of his whereabouts.)

Kiyo: (Exhausted and bored) Ah! I have no clue where I am or which direction I’m heading in. (Sighs) I should have waited for Jinrei; maybe he would’ve brought a map along with him and made things easier. (Stops, closes his eyes, and crosses his arms) Patience, Kiyo, if only you had been patient you wouldn’t be in this predicament. Oh well.

(Kiyo takes a deep and looks up into the beautiful blue sky. Birds are chirping and flying in circles in the sky over his head.)

Kiyo: (Stares at the birds in interest) Boy how I wish to have the power to talk to animals. Or maybe the ability to turn into animals! That would be pretty cool!

(A faint sound of metal flying through the air is heard. Kiyo jumps back. He turns his head and sees a tiny metal pin stabbed in a tree beside him. A very thin line is attached to the pin. Heavy footsteps are heard coming closer and closer to Kiyo. A very creepy old man comes out of a bush and approaches Kiyo. The man’s eyes are completely dead white. His skin is completely shriveled up like a raisin, and his skin is pale. He wears black leather boots and pants, with a black hat. His voice is very creepy and is accompanied by a western accent. Tension builds between the two of them. Something about this man is eerie and it causes an imbalance in Kiyo’s very soul.)

Kiyo: (Serious) Whoyou are?!

Old man: A traveler. Same as you, boy. (Grins) Where ya headed?

(The Old man walks pass Kiyo and pulls the pin out of the tree.)

Kiyo: Seigen… Do you know the direction?

Old man: Come with me; I’ll show you a shortcut.

(The old man walks away.)

Kiyo: Wait…

(The old man keeps walking and ignores Kiyo. Kiyo stays on guard and watches the man’s every move, to make sure he’s not doing anything suspicious. Kiyo and the old man talk while the two of them walk. Kiyo walks a few feet behind the old man.)

Old man: You seem frightened, boy. Is something troubling you?

Kiyo: (Grins) I have no idea who you are, yet I’m letting you guide me through a forest. Not to mention you almost shot me by accident with a pin.

Old man: (Chuckles) I never miss my target, boy. The fact that you’re still standing right now is proof of that. If I wanted you dead, you’d be in the ground by now.

Kiyo: Pfft! Yeah right, old man. My skills are too much for you to handle!

Old man: I have cursed blood. My eyes can see what’s hidden in the minds of others. I can see who you are… (Eyes begin to lightly glow golden) I see you’re from the Nakamoto Clan. I heard there were no more members of the Nakamoto family left alive after the last war. Whoever murdered them must have had power beyond greatness… (His eye twinkles)

Kiyo: What makes you say that?

Old man: It doesn’t matter. There’s a hidden underground passage leading to Seigen. It’s hidden in a tree close by. The townspeople used this underground passage to make traveling easier. It was also used for protection against attacks and for evacuations. Keep in mind that the tunnel hasn’t been used for quite some time. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was infested with creatures by now.

Kiyo: I’ll be able to protect myself just fine. (Looks at his closed fist)

Old man: Don’t be so sure, kid.

(Seigen Town)

(Eli and Kiyomi are in a clothing store. The two of them are looking around the store, when a kind woman walks up to them. She has a big smile and a great personality.

Woman: Hello, how may I assist you?

(In the background while Kiyomi and the lady are talking, Eli is trying on clothes that are much too big for him. He finds a king’s crown and he puts it on, but it covers his entire head and face. The heaviness of the crown causes him to lose balance a bit and crash into lady walking nearby. She falls and crashes into a rack of clothes. He kneels down nervously and puts his hands in front of him to show her he meant no hard feeling. Steam comes out of the woman’s hears and her teeth become razor sharp. Eli tries to run but she grabs him and begins rustling him up in a cloud of dust. After a second, she stops and rests her knee on his back while yanking on his ears. She rustles him up again, and this time she gets him in a chokehold. She then rustles him up again but this time the cloud rolls around the store.)

Kiyomi: Well, you see… The two of us have been on quite the adventure and our clothes are completely ruined. We just need something that will fit us and last awhile.

Woman: Perhaps you should speak with the manager… Or maybe the owner.

Kiyomi: A manager, really? Why can’t you just help me? You’re standing right here.

Woman: Just by looking at you and your… preoccupied friend over there, I can tell you don’t have any money to purchase any merchandise in this store.

Kiyomi: Ah, you got us there.

Woman: Rules are rules. I’m sorry, but I can’t help you unless you have money to purchase the products in this shop. (Walks away) I suggest you leave the store now, before I have to call security and report you for loitering.

Eli: (Runs up to her) Wait a minute, old lady!

Woman: (Turns around angry) I AM NOT AN OLD LADY!

Eli: (Rubs his head) Are you sure about that? I think I see a white hair.

Woman: (Shrieks) Wear?! (Rubs hair nervously) No, not my beautiful hair! It’s rich color and smooth texture is my main attraction!

Eli: (Chuckling) Now that you’re moving your hair around, I can see more of it. (Laughs)

Woman: Stop laughing, this is no laughing matter! What am I gonna do?! I’ll have to leave town! My sister is gonna have a field day when she finds out about this!

Eli: You could try not being old. That always works.

Woman: Shut up, shut up, shut up! (Runs away and cries) I’m only 27 years old!

Kiyomi: What’s her problem? White hair is a sign of wisdom and great strength.

Eli: I was just joking around with her. I didn’t think she would take it so seriously.

Kiyomi: I thought you were from here, Eli? Don’t you know anyone who can help us out with some clothes?

Mean boy: Sure he does. (Punches Eli on the top of his head)

Eli: (Holds head) Owe…

(An overweight and 6 foot tall boy with orange hair is standing behind Eli and Kiyomi. The boy’s name is Butch and he has a very bad attitude.)

Butch: Long time, no see, squirt. Where ya been?

Eli: I’ve been in the forest, Butch. I was supposed to be starting my journey.

Butch: (Mocking)What, without me? Aww, my feelings are hurt, you’re gonna make me cry.

Eli: I only travel alone; you know that, Butch. Plus, I don’t want to get punched every minute of the journey.

Kiyomi: The two of you must be close friends?

Eli: Not really. He’s a bully. He’s the son of Mayor Magnus.

Kiyomi: I heard this kid was a spoiled brat. I also heard he was fat, disgusting, and smelled like one week old warm cheese.

Butch: (Angry) What! How dare you make fun of me!

(Butch goes to punch Kiyomi in the gut, but Eli gets in the way and gets punched in the face. Eli falls to the ground.)

Kiyomi: Eli! (Kneels down to Eli) What is wrong with you? Why did you jump in the way like that?

Eli: (Injured and in pain) Cause I don’t want to see you get hurt.

Kiyomi: My eye sight is clear now ok. I can protect myself.

Eli: You don’t understand…

Kiyomi: (Thinking) Is Eli still blaming himself for not being able to protect Ming, or does the Butch kid have some secret technique I don’t know about? Either way, I can’t make Eli feel like a failure anymore.

(Kiyomi stands up and faces Butch)

Butch: I suppose I’ll let this slide, just this once. But if you make fun of me again, I will tell my dad on you. And boy, will you be sorry.

Kiyomi: (Stands up straight and shows no fear) We understand.

Bully: (Smiles) Now time for a lunch break. (Walks away)

(Kiyomi looks at Eii shivering. She kneels down to him, while he sits on the ground.)

Kiyomi: Eli. What’s going on with you? Are you feeling okay?

Eli: (Smiles) I’m fine. Never been better. (Passes out and falls on Kiyomi’s lap.)

Kiyomi: (Thinking) His hand is bleeding out. From when Aiko stabbed him in the forest. It looks like… Oh no. I need to get him medical attention right away.

(Forest)

(Kiyo and the mysterious old man are standing in front of a tree. The old man reaches his hand in a whole in the tree. After a few seconds, the tree begins moving itself over to the side; revealing a hidden whole underneath.)

Old man: This is where the tunnel begins. There are signs on the walls which tell you which town or village each tunnel leads to, but Seigen is a straight shot from here.

Kiyo: I really appreciate this. Thank you.

Old man: No problem, kid. Just keep an eye out… Or in.

Kiyo: Right… Anyway, thanks for all your help. Bye.

(Kiyo jumps down into the dark whole.)

[Seigen town]

(Kiyomi is running through town in a panic while holding Eli in her arms. Mizuki is flying above the city. Masumi runs beside Kiyomi.)

Masumi: Are you honestly trying to save this kid?

Kiyomi: I’m not just gonna let him die, Masumi!

Masumi: He’s already dead. That wound of his is already getting infected, and you can’t find a hospital anywhere in this town. You ran around town like a hopeless idiot. There are no hospitals around!

Kiyomi: I can’t give up on this kid; He’s never given up on me.

Masumi: It’s sad that you’re letting your emotions get in the way of your judgment. End his life right now, before he has to go through the pain of having an infected hand. Eventually it will spread through his body, and he will diea slow and painful death.

Kiyomi: (Stops running) … You’re right. But… What am I supposed to do? You want me to just kill him right now, then expect me to move on?

Masumi: Yes. That is exactly what I want.

(A rock comes out of nowhere and hits Kiyomi in the head. Kiyomi turns around and sees a woman in an alleyway wearing black clothes and a white kitten mask. The woman takes of running. Kiyomi chases after her.)

(Underground tunnel)

(Kiyo in wondering down the cold dark tunnels alone;looking around and he notices the walls have unlit torches hanging on them. Kiyo uses his fire to lit the torches as he walks pass them. He begins hearing footsteps down the dark tunnel. He stops for a second.)

Kiyo: Is there someone there!? (Thinking) No answer… The footsteps sound faintand they seem to be getting closer. Whatever, I guess I don’t really have a choice.

(Kiyo creates a ball of fire in his hand to create light. He runs down the tunnel at full speed. The footsteps get louder and louder as he gets deeper into the tunnel. He bumps into someone and the two of them hit the ground. There is a woman who is badly hurt and very weak. Her breathing is heavy and something is troubling her.)

Kiyo: Hey, sorry about that, lady. Are you okay?

Mother: (Smiling) I never thought I’d find anyone down here. It’s truly a miracle!

Kiyo: You look exhausted.

Mother: My children… My husband and my children fell in a hole. The ground wasn’t stable enough to hold us and it caved in. I made it through, but I fear the worst for my family.

Kiyo: How long have you been down here?

(The woman is about to fall and pass out. Kiyo quickly runs over to her and rests her head on his lap.)

Mother: It feels like forever. I’ve been… Trapped for days. I ran out of food and supplies. I have nothing left… I… (Coughs)

Kiyo: You’re running out of oxygen. And you need food. (Reaches in bag) Here, have this container of rice. (Hands it to her)

Mother: (Slaps rice out of Kiyo’s hand) No… I refuse to eat anything… Until I know my family is alive and well. If they’re no longer alive, what do I have to live for?

Kiyo: (Puts rice away) I will search for your family, but I’m not familiar with these tunnels; I could easily get lost. Then I won’t be of any use at all.

Mother: Please… You showing up here is a sign. I’ve been down here for days in total darkness. Please help me. (Eyes begin to tear) Please find them. I know you can do it. I have faith in you…

(The woman passes out.)

Kiyo: As long as you promise not to die, I promise to bring them back to you.

(Kiyo takes off his coat and folds it up. He rests the mother’s head on it. He then stands up.)

Kiyo: Doing this will burn up a lot of Kotoda energy. I only use this technique when I have to. (Looks at mother for a few seconds, then looks away.) Ok, here goes.

(Kiyo closes his eyes and focuses all of his Kotoda energy on them for about ten seconds before opening them back. He’s able to see through the walls of the caves. He sees three heat signatures deep in the tunnels. His eyes go back to normal and he collapses to the ground tired.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) I still haven’t mastered that ability. My eyes burn so much. Ah, it hurts! Just a few more seconds… Then I’ll be okay… Wait… Ok.

(Kiyo stands up.)

Kiyo: The three of them are still alive, since I was able to see their heat signatures. It is possible that the three of them shared the food they had amongst each other. And they could have used each other’s body heat to keep themselves warm.

(Dark Alley)

(Kiyomi hit’s a dead end in the dark alley she followed the mysterious woman in. The woman is in an all-black costume andshe wears a kitten mask with a purple heart on the forehead. The woman has a very kind voice.)

Kiyomi: You’re cornered. There’s nowhere for you to run!

Nurse: Please I am a nurse; I mean you no harm. I only wish to help heal your friend.

Kiyomi: How do I know I can trust you? You seem pretty suspicious to me.

Nurse: My identity remains secret for a secure purpose.

Kiyomi: Mayor Magnus may not take too kindly your black market services I’m assuming? I understand why your identity must remain secret. But I promise you; if something happens to this kid, I’ll inflict twice as much pain on you then Magnus possibly could. Do you understand me?

Nurse: Understood. (Bows)

(The nurse walks up to Kiyomi. Eli is still unconscious in her arms. The nurse opens both of her hands and places them on Eli’s chest. White sparkling stars begin to completely heal Eli’s body. The cut on his hand heals instantly.)

Kiyomi: You must have cursed blood as well?

Nurse: Quite the opposite. (Bows) If you require my services again, you know of my whereabouts. I shall leave midnight of tomorrow.

Kiyomi: Got it. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

(Tunnels)

(Kiyo is standing in front of a giant hole in the ground. He jumps through it and lands on his feet. He uses the fire in his hand for light.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) Ok, I found the hole they fell in. It wasn’t as difficult as I thought. It only took about a ten minute run. This tunnel only leads to another tunnel going deeper underground. The hole is huge, so it looks like someone, or something made it. A giant snake perhaps? I’m not sure, but I should keep my guard up.

(Kiyo runs deeper and deeper down the tunnel. He’s sweating and his energy is getting low. Kiyo uses his Signature Identification technique a second time to see through the walls.)

Kiyo: (Panics) Oh no!

(Kiyo charges through the tunnel at full speed. His eyes go back to normal.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) I have to hurry. I don’t think these people are aware of the situation they’re in!

(A red light comes out of the darkness and shines on the face of a giant snake. Kiyo absorbs his fire into his hand. He jumps in the air and fire punches the giant snake in the face. The snake falls to the ground. A man, a little girl, and a little boy are cuddled together. The three of them are afraid. Kiyo also notices a second little girl’s body lying next to them.)

Kiyo: You must the husband and kids?

Father: Who are you?

Kiyo: I’m KiyoNakamoto and I’ll be your hero for the day.

Father: Have you really come to save us?! That must mean-

Kiyo: Yeah. Your wife told me to save you all. Listen, I want you to stay there. I’m gonnatake care of this snake first, okay?

(The giant snake hisses at Kiyo then quickly morphs into a normal sized stripped tiger.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) A Shape Shifter… I’m almost out of Kotoda energy and I need to save as much as I can to get these people out of here.

(The tiger charges at Kiyo. Kiyo does another fire punch, but misses. The tiger moves to the side to dodge the punch. The tiger slams Kiyo in the gut with its paw. Kiyo flies into the wall.)

Kiyo: I can’t fight… Not like this.

(The tiger begins laughing. It then morphs into a young teenage girl around Kiyo’s age- 18. The woman has dirty blonde hair and she’s wearing a white shirt with blue jeans. She has a ponytail in her hair. She continues to laugh at Kiyo.)

Kiyo: What is this? Who are you?!

Kelsey: My name’s Kelsey. And of course you know I’m a Shape Shifter.

Kiyo: You were going to eat these people alive!

Kelsey: Is that a problem?

Kiyo: (Grunts) I don’t think I like your attitude.

Kelsey: I don’t think I like you! Listen you little punk. These people are weak. I’ve given them almost a week to find a way out of here and obviously they’re too weak to make a move.

Kiyo: So because they’re scared, you’re gonna kill them?

Kelsey: Well duh, you idiot. Only the strong survive. With you as an exception.

(Kiyo runs over to Kelsey.)

Kiyo: Hey I am strong!

Kelsey: Oh please. I could have easily taken you out when I was in my tiger form. I could’ve cut your guts out if I wanted to. But instead, I decided to push you back.

Kiyo: Yeah you sure do talk big, but can’t back up those words?!

Kelsey: And you whine too much. So I guess neither of us are perfect.

Kiyo: I need to get these people out of here. Will you help me? After we get them out, then you and I could finish this little bout between us. If you win the fight then they’re all yours, but if I win, you back off.

Kelsey: Negative, buddy. I’d never help a loser like you.

Kiyo: Then I’m taking them to the surface on my own. They need food and oxygen to breath.

Kelsey: As long as you keep doing stuff for other people, you’ll never be strong. I learned that the hard way.

Kiyo: Well, that sucks for you, but I honestly don’t care.

Kelsey: I wouldn’t expect you to!

Kiyo: (Stares at his palm) The fire on my hand is gonna go out soon.

Kelsey: What a joke.

Kiyo: Look, finding these people took a lot of Kotoda. I used a technique that was higher than my mastered ability.

Kelsey: Sorry, did you say something? I was too busy not caring.

Kiyo: I need to get these people out now. Maybe I’ll return another time to deal with you.

Kelsey: Don’t bother, you’re not worth fighting.

Kiyo: You only got one hit in!

Kelsey: Doesn’t matter. (Walks away) I’m letting you go. The enthusiasm I usually feel when watching someone die, has gone away thanks to you and your whining. I’m taking pity on you and letting you go. (She walks off into the darkness)

(Seigen)

(Kiyomi is with Eli in a park. Many kids are laughing and having fun. Eli is sitting on the bench next to Kiyomi.)

Eli: (Closely examining his hand)That must have been some talented lady. She healed my hand right up. I don’t feel a thing.

Kiyomi: (Thinking) This kid and his positive attitude. He’s always so joyful and happy. (Smiles at Eli)

Eli: (Smiles back) So how old are you, Kiyomi?

Kiyomi: Well, Eli, I’m 18.

Eli: Very nice. I’m only 11.

Masumi: You need to let the kid go. You’ve wasted too much time on him. Now go, before Kaji realizes you disobeyed his orders.

Kiyomi: Right…

Eli: Hm. What?

Kiyomi: Oh nothing, nothing at all. I’m just thinking out loud, don’t worry about me.

Eli: Okay, but if there’s anything you need to get off your chest, I’m right here. (Smiles)

Kiyomi: I think it’s time I go, Eli. (Looks into the sky) It was great traveling with you, but I’m afraid our time together has come to an end.

Eli: I understand. It’s about time for me to work around town and start earning money for new supplies anyway.

Kiyomi: I understand. I will leave in a few hours. Right now, I need to get some new clothes. Then I can travel to that village in the forest and warn them of the invasion.

Eli: I hope you and Mizuki accomplish your mission. (Smiles)

Kiyomi: Yeah, so do I.

(Kiyo is standing over the father and the three children. His three children are not conscious. They are curled up close to their father. The father is about to cry.)

Father: They won’t wake up. I don’t know why…

Kiyo: Listen… I know you’re not gonna like this, but… I can’t save the four of you

Father: What?

Kiyo: I only have enough energy to save your children. They’re smaller than you, so it’ll be easy. But I can’t save you. I’m sorry.

Father: Please, just keep my children alive. I don’t care what happens to me.

Kiyo: (Thinking) Just by lighting up my fists with fire causes my energy to drain. However, the longer I keep this fire active, the less oxygen there will be for them. The truth is, I only have enough energy to get myself out of here alive. And there’s a very small chance that even that will happen. I seriously have no idea what I should do.

(Pebbles begin to fall from the ceiling. The walls begin to lightly shake.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) Something’s coming. But what?

(The walls begin shaking once again. Kiyo’s fire slowly dies out. The cave is dark, and not a sound can be heard. Two giant glowing orange eyes are seen. Kiyo makes light once again with his fire. A giant black snake is in front of him and the family. The snake opens his mouth and charges at them. Kiyo jumps out of the way, but the family gets eaten.)

Kiyo: Sorry about that, you guys. But I had to think of a quick strategy.

(Kiyo runs away from the snake. He runs as fast as he can, up the tunnel he came from. The snake is faster than Kiyo and almost eats him. It opens his mouth and Kiyo throws a ball of fire at it to slow it down. Kiyo keeps running as fast as he can until he gets to the hidden entrance of the tunnel. He jumps up toward the ceiling. The snake uses full force to crash into Kiyo. The ceiling is destroyed and Kiyo is tackled above ground. He slams into a tree. The mother is right next him on the ground. She is unconscious. The creepy old man from before is standing over her body. Making sure no harm comes her way.)

Kiyo: (Closes his eyes and thinks) Ok. I hate to do this. But I have no choice… (Takes deep breath)

(Kiyo throws a tiny ball of blue fire into the snake’s mouth. The fire explodes and blows up the snake’s head and half of its body. Kiyo quickly runs over to the snake andits body splits in half at the middle and the father and his three kids slide out unconscious.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) What was that? It just split open. Wait a minute. It can’t be.

(Kiyo looks behind him and sees the creepy old man walking away into the forest.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) There’s no way someone could move that fast! He was just behind me.

(Hours have passed. The mother, the father, the boy, and the little girl are all awake and eating the food Kiyo gave them. The other daughter is still unconscious.)

Father: I’d never thought we’d make it out of there alive. I feared the worst for my family. And for myself. You are a kind young man. Thank you.

Kiyo: I felt the same way. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t think I was gonna make it out alive.

Mother: Why hasn’t Jane woken up yet? Is she still alive?

Father: Of course she is, dear. She’s just a little tired is all.

Kiyo: I’m not so sure about that, sir.

Father: What? What are you saying?

Kiyo: I’m saying that she might not… Still be alive.

Father: You’re wrong. She’s only tired. Just you watch, she’ll wake up! I promise you!

Kiyo: I’m sorry. (Looks down)

Mother: All we wanted, was to be free. We only wanted to get away from Seigen town to protect our daughter Jane. We didn’t want Magnus going after her. We recently found out she had cursed blood. She can instantly transport herself anywhere within 20 feet. She can’t control herself however. And every time she uses her ability, she destroys whatever’s around her. We originally used her ability to from this madman who wears a hood and has sharp teeth. His smile goes from one side of his face to the other. We teleported inside the cave but made our way our right away, then we went to Seigen and that’s when we had to run from Magnes. We ran back into the caves and we ended up getting lost in there for days.

Kiyo: … Teleportation huh… Maybe I can help your daughter.

(Kiyo walks up to Jane and puts his hand on her chest.)

Kiyo: (Thinking) I can feel the heat within her body. She’s still alive, but barely. Why hasn’t she woken up yet? Could it be possible that her body is without a soul? There’s a very small chance that she tried to teleport butshe didn’t have enough energy, so her body must have teleported butnot her body. Yes, I can feel it now. She’s empty inside and has no soul. So her soul is separated from her body, but she is still alive.

Mother: Will she be alright?

Kiyo: I can’t tell you she will be. Her soul has left her body, I can feel it.

Mother: No, not again. Last time this happened, she wouldn’t wake up for two days.

Kiyo: Your daughter’s body isn’t strong enough to last even one day without food or water. Her body will give out within a few hours. If that happens, her soul will still be alive, just without a body.

Mother: Then we’ll just have to find someway to put her soul in someone else’s body.

Kiyo: You still have to find her soul. Don’t forget that.

Mother: Jane loves her sister Sabrina more than the world. The two of them share a special bond. Her soul will be with Sabrina. If not, our other daughter here has the ability to find people just by thinking of them.

Kiyo: Good luck finding a body for her. (Stands up) I have to get to Seigen town by tomorrow. I had fun talking to you all. (Thinking) Magnus, Kaji, Osmo, Phantom. I already have four enemies. And how could I forget that Kelsey, girl? Her power allows her to mimic animals. That’s how she was able to mimic the snake. Someday, I’ll find her. And when we do, I’ll request a rematch. But for now, Magnus is my main target. I need to defeat him and take his weapons. Then my village can protect themselves against Kaji’s mercenaries.

Mother: We’re going back to Seigen for supplies. Please, let us come with you.

Kiyo: (Scratches back of head nervously)That is fine with me. (Smiles) I have no idea where I’m going so I could use you guys for directions.

TO BE CONTINUED…