Status: active

Kiyo Nakamoto

Kiyo Nakamoto Episode Four: Seigen Town (Magnes Arc)

The Kaji Empire/Kindred Saga

Magnes Arc:

Chapter Four: Seigen Town

(Presently, Eli is walking down a small street holding a heavy crate. He gets to the front of a shop and a friendly man walks out. He takes the crate and smiles at Eli. Eli smiles back. The man hands Eli some money, which are known as Aon, in return for his services. Eli gets excited and bolts down the street. As he continues to run in excitement, he is suddenly tripped by an overweight boy. Two skinny boys stand behind him. They laugh at Eli as he hits the ground.)

Butch: Oops, sorry about that! (Continues to laugh)

Eli: Why are you so mean, Butch?

Butch: Cause I can be, you little squirt. My father owns this town so I can do whatever I want. Hey... Is that money I see in your hand?

Eli: (Stammering) No! No, it’s... Grass?

(Butch punches Eli in the face and snatches the money from his hand.)

Butch: Sweet, 30 bucks! 10 for each of us.

(Butch gives ten aon each to his two friends behind him.)

Eli: Hey, that's my money! Give it back.

(Eli runs at Butch. Butch extends his arm and holds Eli back by putting his hand on Eli's forehead.)

Eli: No! That's my money, I worked for it!

(People walk past but they do not help Eli. They just keep walking and pretend not to see anything. Although they do feel sorry for him. The man that gave the money to Eli is standing in front of his shop with a sad look on his face. Eli looks at him.)

Eli: Hey, please, please help me!

(The man holds his head down in sadness, goes back inside and locks his door.)

Butch: No one's gonna save you, kid. (Pushes Eli down to the ground) My dad owns this town. If anyone does anything to make me unhappy, he has the right to do whatever he wants to them, even kill ‘em.

Eli: Someone's gonna stand up to you one of these days, Butch! You're gonna pay for being mean to people and you're gonna be the one eating dirt! I would be the one to do it, but I don’t want your father getting involved!

(Butch quickly throws another punch at Eli. Someone catches his fist.)

Butch: (Tries to pull away) Hey, let me go! Let me go, you street trash!

(The man who grabbed his fist lets go and Butch falls to the ground. He becomes enraged.)

Butch: You punk, you're gonna pay for that! No one touches me... I'm Butch!

Kiyo: Give the boy back his money unless you want a beating.

Butch: You wanna die, street trash.

Kiyo: Look who's talkin'. You're a spoiled little brat, who can pretty much have whatever he wants. And you're robbing a helpless little boy. I say you’re the street trash, fatty. You're no better than a rat digging its way through a pile of garbage.

(Butch pulls a flintlock pistol out from the back of his shirt. He points it at Kiyo and pulls the trigger. As the bullet heads toward Kiyo itslowly begins to burn and crumble into tiny pieces. The pieces then scatter and go around Kiyo's body as he stands with confidence. The shattered pieces break the window of a shop behind Kiyo. Everyone begins to show fear. Butch just gets angrier.)

Butch: What did you do?!

(Butch begins screaming really loud in pain. He drops the gun to the ground. The gun is smoking hot and so is Butch's hand. He blows on his hand to cool it down. Kiyo quickly runs up to Butch and punches him in the face. He falls to the ground.)

Kiyo: Would anyone else like to join him in the dirt?

(Butch's two friends swallow in fear. They both charge at Kiyo with full speed. Kiyo jumps out of the way at the last minute and the two bump into each other's head. They fall to the ground unconscious. Butch gets back up.)

Kiyo: You're gonna give this kid back his money?

Butch: I'm not giving him squat! My father will take care of you.

Kiyo: Your father is nothing more than a fly waiting to get squashed. I will toss him aside just as I did you. I've been training for 10 long years. I need a punching bag to test my strength. Your father will do nicely.

(Kiyo extends his hand and creates a wall of fire in front of Butch from the ground up. Butch gets scared. Kiyo punches Butch in the face through the wall of fire. He kicks Butch in the face, then grabs him by the collar and throws him 10 feet away. Butch lands on his face.)

Kiyo: Go whine to you daddy, you little baby, and tell him what happened here! I'll be waiting for him in the candy store!

(He runs away and throws the money back at Kiyo. Kiyo grabs the money and walks up to Eli. He offers Eli a hand to get back on his feet.)

Kiyo: How's your nose, kid?

Eli: I'll be fine. Don’t worry; I’m tuff.

Kiyo: Here. (Gives money back to Eli) Now go buy yourself some candy.

Eli: (Enthused) Thanks, mister!

(Kiyo and Eli walk into the candy store seconds later. Eli walks around to find the candy he wants. Kiyo walks up to the store clerk.)

Clerk: That was a very brave thing you did just now. Well, also very foolish.

Kiyo: (Uninterested) Was it now?

Clerk: Mayor Magnus is a very dangerous man. He holds in his possession not only the deeds to our homes, but to all firearms and
weapons here in Seigen town.

Kiyo: (Uninterested) I see.

Clerk: By messing with his boy, you've brought death upon yourself.

Kiyo: I've died before. It’s no big deal.

(Eli walks up to the clerk and throws a chocolate bar on the counter. His mouth is drooling with excitement.)

Eli: This, I want this!

Clerk: It is yours.

Eli: Yes! (Grabs candy bar and looks at it with a drooling face)

Kiyo: How much does he owe you?

Clerk: Please, except it as a gift. I cannot take money from someone in your current status.

Kiyo: (Slams fist on table and gets angry) How much!

Clerk: (Swallows in fear) Please... I cannot accept your money.

Kiyo: Fine. I don't have any money anyway. (Walks to the doorway) Hey, kid, don't forget to thank the man for his generous gift.

Eli: Right! Thank you, sir.

(Kiyo goes outside and Eli follows. The two of them talk in front of the shop.)

Eli: So, why did you make that guy think you were gonna pay for me?

Kiyo: You need to save that money for a rainy day. Your parents might get sick or something and you may have to buy medicine.

Eli: I've never been good at managing money.

Kiyo: Most people aren't. What's your name?

Eli: Eli, sir...

Kiyo: I'm Kiyo. Kiyo Nakamoto.

Eli: (Thinking) Nakamoto?! This guy can’t be real. All members of the Nakamoto family have been killed. (To Kiyo) So... Where are you from?

Kiyo: I was born in the next village. I was raised there till I was 5. My parents moved into a cabin in the woods. I lived there for three years, till it burned down. So, where do you live?

Eli: Nowhere. I just do work for people all the time and they let me spend the night.

Kiyo: Sucks for you.

Eli: Yeah... (Opens candy bar and eats it slowly. His eyes get huge and he gets excited.) This chocolate bar is so heavenly! Oh I wish I could just marry it!

Kiyo: I don't think that marriage would last very long.

(The clerk walks outside.)

Clerk: Hey, what are you doing here, guy? If mayor Magnus comes looking for you, he's gonna destroy my shop if he finds you here!

Kiyo: I'm really getting tired of hearing about this guy. (Turns to face clerk) Where can I find HIM?

Clerk: Please, do not start trouble and rush to your death.

Kiyo: Listen, sir. I’m sure I can handle myself just fine. I do have cursed blood you know.

Clerk: Mayor Magnes possesses weapons which originate from Light city.

Kiyo: What do you know about Light city?

Clerk: It is the city owned by Kaji. The city recently got a new name.

Kiyo: I’m looking for Kaji. He murdered someone close to me. And he will fall by my hand.

Clerk: It’s not that I don’t have faith in you, but I don’t think you have a chance of winning. His weapons are too advanced and too powerful.

Kiyo: I’m not scared of this guy.

Clerk: If you wish to fight Mayor Magnes, do not involve me. He lives in the tallest building here in Seigen. The tall white one. You can’t miss it. It is next to a park.

(A woman walks up to join in their conversation. The woman is a bit timid. Her clothing looks very worn out ad dirty.)

Woman: Excuse me, sir, but do you really plan to defeat Magnes?

Kiyo: I do. I need his weapons, so that I could protect my village from an invasion brought upon us by Kaji.

Woman: Please… Come with me. I must show you something.

(The woman leads Kiyo, Eli, and the Clerk, to a ditch. Water flows through, but not much. The woman jumps into the water;everyone else jumps in after her. They begin walking the opposite direction of the stream.)

Clerk: The only reason why I decided to come with you, is to avoid Magnes. You beat up his son in front of my shop. He’s going to ask questions and wonder why I didn’t help himor report you. I just don’t want to lose a finger, like the last guy did.

Kiyo: This guy better be worth the fight. He better be a challenge.

Eli: The truth is… I could take him out myself. But I’m not sure what’ll happen after I do.

Kiyo: You can take him yourself? Why didn’t you defeat that fat kid, Butch?

Eli: I just don’t want things getting bad for me.

Kiyo: So you must have some great skills in fighting.

Eli: Actually, I have a bloodline trait that allows me to connect with the emotions of others and obtain physical power from them. Someone close to me died and I obtained her physical abilities. I have great strength and great speed. When Butch shot that gun at you, I saw the bullet moving toward you. I’m able to track things that don’t move faster than me.

Kiyo: Well aren’t you talented, kid?

Eli: (Smiles) Thanks. You too. Your fire powers must be very strong.

Kiyo: Yeah, they are. But only at certain times. Like when I’m fighting for someone or something.

Woman: (Stops) We’re here.

(A tunnel is on the side of the ditch. The water is not high enough to reach inside the hole. All four of them crawl inside. When they come out the other side, they see a giant hole. The hole is only 5 feet deep and very small. Two children are hugging each other in sadness. They look scared.)

Woman: It’s okay, boys. They’re not gonna hurt you.

Boy: Did you bring back any food, mama?

Woman: I haven’t found any yet, sweetie. I’m sorry. (To Kiyo, Eli, and Clerk) My boys haven’t eaten in 2 days. I haven’t eaten in 4.

Kiyo: What does the mayor have to do with this?

Woman: I didn’t have enough money to pay my rent one month. Because of this, he destroyed my home and took everything I’ve worked so hard for. (Closes eyes) He was even going to beat me…

Kiyo: WHAT?!

Clerk: Magnes beats on whoever doesn’t pay their rent. He takes everything, and leaves you out in the cold street. He used to execute, but the town only grew smaller and smaller in population. He wanted to keep people alive so that he could spread misery to as many as he possibly could.

Kiyo: So then, what happens to the people that lose their home?

Woman: They’re thrown out into the street andof course they are beaten and weakened from Magnes. All they can do, is live homeless. There is a district you can go to, to find the homeless that are still alive. Because these people have no home to go to, they’re forced to steal food and cause crimes, just to survive. But if Magnes catches them, they’re killed.

Eli: Why aren’t you in that district?

Woman: After Mayor Magnes destroyed my home, he was going to severely beat me and my children. I was able to escape and get everyone away safely. Magnes has been looking for me since. I’m forced to hide in this whole with my children. (Looks at her two sons) If anything were to happen to them, I could never continue to live my life peacefully.

(The clerk hugs the woman to comfort her.)

Kiyo: I understand…

Clerk: Magnes believes he is untouchable. He thinks he can treat people whoever he wants and get away with it. He uses his weapons and physical strength to strike fear in us all. My brother has fallen victim to this monster. He and his family were executed. And there was nothing I could do to help them.

Eli: His son, Butch, is the worse. He goes around town taking anything he wants from people. He even has his own gun for protection. People in this town might try to kidnap him. So he has a weapon just in case.

Kiyo: Eli, I want you to take him out. I want you to take out Butch. Magnes is mine, understand?

Woman: Please beat him. He must endure the pain we towns people bare everyday of our lives.

Clerk: It is not going to be easy.

Kiyo: I’ve never been in a real battle before in my life. Osmodeus was my first. But my evil side took over. I had no control. So then I suppose he wasn’t my first then.

Eli: I recently meet Osmodeus for the first time. He killed someone very close to me… Gosh, just thinking about her makes me sad.

Kiyo: Who was she?

Eli: Grandma Ming…

Kiyo: She use to come to my village to pick up supplies and sometimes deliver them. She was so sweet; so pure.

Eli: Seems a lot of people know her.

Kiyo: She’s very famous.

Eli: I meet a girl who knew her as well. She was cool. But she was blinded during battle. So sad.

Kiyo: Yeah it is. So what do you say, Eli? You wanna team up and make these losers eat dirt?

Eli: Totally! I’m in!

Kiyo: Good. Now, Clerk, I want you to buy these kids some food. And don’t forget their mother.

Woman: Please, call me Surina.

Kiyo: (Smiles) I’m not sure if I told you my name or not, but I’m Kiyo.

Surina: I am very grateful, Kiyo. You must know, I too have cursed blood. Same as you. My special ability only allows me to detect the cursed blood of others. It’s been awhile since someone as powerful as you showed up in our town. You are the only one strong enough to defeat him. Please do it… For my family.

Kiyo: I will, Surina. I will free this city from Magnes. But in return, I’m going to need a few firearms from this town. My village is in danger of being attacked by Kaji’s mercenaries. We need weapons to fight back.

Surina: I will talk to the townspeople and see what I can do.

Kiyo: Thank you.

Surina: By the way, I can sense your power growing from within. Where is this power coming from?

Kiyo: There’s a girl that I’m looking for. Our powers seem to get stronger, the closer we are to each other. She must be somewhere in the city.

(Above the small tunnel that they are in, Kiyomi is walking. She’ watching the water flow through the ditch. She has recently got her clothes changed and she now has short brown hair with a ponytail, a short sleeve blue shirt, a white skirt, and she has Eli’s blue jacket tied on her waist. She has a blue necklace and blue earrings. Her hawk, Mizuki, is standing on her shoulders. Masumi is walking behind Kiyomi. She’s wearing the opposite of colors of Kiyomi, and she doesn’t have a jacket tied on her waist.)

Masumi: Can you sense Kiyo nearby?

Kiyomi: I can. He’s here in Seigen. But he’s somewhere close to me.

(Kiyomi looks across the ditch to the other side. She sees three men in wooden masks standing with their hands behind their backs.)

Mask: So it seems we finally found her hideout.

Mask2: We must report this to Mayor Magnes immediately. I’m sure he will be delighted.

Mask3: I will stay here for any further information. You too go on and deliver the news.

Mask, Mask2: Understood! (Walk away casually)

Masumi: I couldn’t hear what they were saying, but they look like trouble.

Kiyomi: (Grins) Better watch out for them.

(Mizuki flies off Kiyomi’s shoulders and follows the two men in the mask from the air.)

Masumi: Mizuki is such a cute bird.

Kiyomi: Well of course he is. He has been chosen as my spiritual partner after all.

Masumi: What exactly are you doing, Kiyomi? I thought you were running away. You didn’t want to work for Kaji anymore so you decided to just travel the world and avoid Kaji for as long as possible.

Kiyomi: I can’t just travel an unknown path and reach my destination.

Masumi: What you said makes no sense at all.

Kiyomi: I have to have a destination- a goal. And to succeed in that goal, I have to take the path that I know will get me there. My goal is to defeat Kaji. I no longer wish to work with him. And I refuse to live the rest of my life in fear of him finding me. I want him destroyed. He does not have cursed blood, but he’s a master of weaponry. It’s gonna be very difficult to beat him. I need Kiyo with me so that I could become stronger and take him out.

Masumi: Are you planning on telling him your intentions?

Kiyomi: I am. Hopefully he’ll agree and we could travel to the city of Light together.

Masumi: Just keep looking around town. I’m sure we’ll find him. Just make sure that Eli kid doesn’t see you and get in the way.

Kiyomi: I understand.

(Kiyo, Eli, and Clerk, are all walking out of the ditch.)

Kiyo: My pants are soaked. I need to get some new ones. Any stores around here?

Eli: Of course. I know where you can find one. Follow me.

Clerk: While you get more clothes, I’ll get some food for the little ones, down in the tunnel.

Kiyo: See ya later, Clerk. I don’t know if that’s your real name or not, but I’ll just call you Clerk.

Clerk: Because I am a store clerk; of course.

(Kiyo is now in the clothing store. He is in the dressing room trying on new clothing. A woman with long dirty blonde hair shows up behind Kiyo.)

Kelsey: Well, what a surprise meeting you here, Sunshine. I see you’re trying on new clothes. You still look awful and you dress poor.

Kiyo: You’re that girl I meet in the tunnel! You turned into that giant snake.

Kelsey: And you turned into a giant whiner, after I beat you.

Kiyo: I told you, my Kotoda was low and you only got one god hit in on me!

Kelsey: Yeah, yeah, whatever. Look I’m here to steal some new clothes. Ones that are of course, much better looking than yours, so-

Manager: HEY! (Walks up to Kelsey) I heard what you just said! Now because I have reason to believe you are shop lifting, I’m gonna have to search you.

Kelsey: Don’t get your tighty-whities in a twist, Grandpa. I’ll pay the money back.

Manager: Hey, how dare you; I am not that old!

Kelsey: Are you sure? You sure look old to me.

Manager: I’m only 32.

Kelsey: You’re in your 40’s old man. Now stop playing me for a fool.

Manager: (Angry) Leave this store immediately!

Kelsey: Fine with me. See ya. (Sticks tongue out at manager and walks away) See ya, Pyro Boy.

Kiyo: Bye, I guess.

Eli: So who’s that?

Kiyo: Her name’s Kelsey. She has cursed blood; same as me. She can shape shift into any animal.

Eli: Her power sounds cooler than yours, Kiyo.

Kiyo: Shut up!

(Eli begins laughing. A man in a wooden mask is listening to Kiyo‘s conversation. He then walks away casually.)

[Tunnel]

(Surina has just exited the tunnel. Two masked men are standing in front of her and a muscular, 7 foot tall man is standing in front of the two men in the masks. Surina instantly shivers in fear to the sight of this tall man.)

Surina: … Magnes…

(Magnes always smiles. He has a very big nose and his hair is short and white. He wears metal knuckles around his right hand and he wears a really long blue tux. He’s dressed really nice.)

Magnes: (Chuckles) I finally found you. After all this time, you’re finally mine. I can’t wait to wrap my fingers around your puny neck.

Surina: (Drops to her knees and bows) Please forgive me, I’m sorry.

Magnes: Too late for that!

(Magnes kicks Surina in the face and she flies back.)

Magnes: (Evil glare) That was for getting my new shoes wet and making me stand in this ditch. I should kill you. But that wouldn’t be fun. I want to watch you suffer. I want you begging in agony and watching your children cry out in pain. You will hear their cries, but there will be nothing you can do. If you think about closing your eyes, while I torture them, I will cut your eyelids off! Do you understand?!

Surina: Please! Leave my children out of this. They already left town. I sent them away!

Magnes: (Chuckles) Now, now, Surina. (Slowly walks up to Surina and kneels down) You know how much I hate liars. You don’t want to make things worse do you?

Surina: (Crying) …

Magnes: DO YOU?!

Surina: … No…! No I don’t… But I am telling you the truth, Magnes… My children are not here.

Magnes: I am sending one of my masked men in the tunnel. If I find your two boys in there, the pain they endure will be twice as painful.

Surina: (Shivering and crying in fear. Thinking) I’m sorry, boys. I’m sorry I failed you. I only wanted to protect you.

Magnes: Surina… You of all people should know that my guards watch this entire town to make sure no one leaves. I know your children are in that tunnel.

Surina: I’m telling you they’re not.

(Clerk jumps into the ditch and attempts to kick Magnes in the face. Magnes grabs Clerk’s leg with one hand.)

Magnes: You little insect.

(Magnes slams Clerk’s face as hard as he can into the water. He hits his face on the concrete underneath. Magnes lets go of his leg and blood begins to contaminate the water. Clerk’s face in underwater and he’s bleeding. He is not conscious at all.)

Surina: NO!

Magnes: Seems you had a little trap setup, Surina. I think I’ll give you the worse beating I have ever given. Yeah, that sounds good.

(Evil Grin. Kiyomi and Masumi are hidden in a tree. They are watching.)

Kiyomi: Perhaps we should help her.

Masumi: I say we pretend to join sides with Magnes, so that we could steal whatever he has- Money, weapons, equipment.

Kiyomi: Or I should just leave it alone.

Masumi: Maybe you should fight this guy to test your strength.

Kiyomi: If I do choose to fight him, you will possess my body and take over the battle for me.

Masumi: (Lying) I promise I won’t.

Kiyomi: Even I can see through your deceptive word.

Masumi: Of course you can. I forget you’re the smart one. (Jumps away)

Kiyomi: (Thinking) I guess I should just follow them around for awhile. Maybe Kiyo will face this guy and fight him. If that happens, I’ll be able to confront him.

(Clerk wakes up and grabs Magnes’ ankle. He is very weak and his face is bleeding very badly.)

Magnes: I see you’re still alive. We’re gonna have to do something about that now, won’t we?

(Magnes kicks his leg up in the air. Clerk let’s go and Magnes quickly kicks him in the stomach. Clerk drops back into the water. He desperately tries to stand up right away. Magnes grabs Clerk’s shirt with his right hand and pulls him up toward his face. He punches Clerk in the gut with his left fist. Clerk falls into the water once again. He’s desperately trying to get up.)

Magnes: Why won’t you stay down? You must have a death wish.

Clerk: (In pain) I… Was never there for my brother… There was nothing I could do to save him. To stop his execution… I will not let her and her children die. I will protect them with my life… She is innocent and kind. She only wants to help her children and give them a home. She’s been through too much… And she deserves to live a better life…

Magnes: Fighting for others will only get you killed. Her fate is inevitable. Her destiny has already been chosen once I was told of her whereabouts. And if you get in my way, your destiny will be the same as your brothers. You will die. (Laughs)

Mask3: Sir, we have a problem.

Magnes: Hm? This better be good.

Mask3: There is a man here in town. His name is Kiyo. He possesses cursed blood. He may prove to be a threat.

Magnes: I’ll deal with him right away. For now, I want the three of you to have fun with our friends here. But do bring the girl and her
children back to me alive. (Walks away)

Mask1,2,3: Yes, sir.

Masumi: What’s it gonna be, Kiyomi? Will you follow Magnes and make him lead you to Kiyo, or will you stay to help fight?

Kiyomi: Choosing not to help these people will only make me more evil. Therefore, make you stronger.

Masumi: And your point?

Kiyomi: I can’t have my evil side become stronger than me.

(Kiyomi gets stabbed in the chest by a small needle. She falls out of the tree and the three masked men are standing over her.)

Kiyomi: (Weakened) I thought you were in the ditch, how did you get out so fast?

Mask3: We’ve been keeping an eye on you ever since we got here. We knew you were here the whole time.

Kiyomi: My body is so weak… What did you do to me?

Mask2: Poison needles. Your body is slowly disintegrating from the inside.

Kiyomi: Poison?!

Mask3: You two take Surina and her children to Magnes’ home. I’ll deal with this one.

Kiyomi Even if I am poisoned, I could still beat you. (Struggles to stand on her feet)

Mask3: We shall see.

(A woman in an all-black costume and a kitten mask, jumps out of a tree and lands in front of Kiyomi to protect her.)

Mask2: Are you sure you can handle this alone?

Mask3: I am sure. Now go! Take Surina.

(Mask2 and Mask1, both disappear in a flash.)

Mask3: I’ve heard about you. You’re the one who heals those who are in bad health.

Nurse: I am…

Mask3: Magnes will be delighted to know who you are. Of course removing the mask from your face is the first step before presenting you to him.

Nurse: You do not pose a challenge to me. Our fight, will only end in seconds.

Mask3: Prove it…

Nurse: Very well. I suppose I have no choice.

(The Nurse forms a white rainbow ball of energy in her palm. She instantly dashes at Mask3. Before he can react to her speed, she presses the ball into his gut. The ball explodes and a large amount of energy pushes Mask3 back. Mask 3 flies 50 feet, until he flies over the ditch and slams his back into a pole. He’s out cold.)

Kiyomi: I didn’t ask for your help! I can take care of myself.

Nurse: You obviously cannot take care of yourself. You need medical assistance a soon as possible.

Kiyomi: I was caught off guard.

Nurse: And who’s to blame for that?

Kiyomi: (Closes eyes and looks down for a few seconds) You’re right. Things haven’t been right with me lately.

Nurse: I will cure the poison in your body for you.

Kiyomi: Thank you…

Nurse: Hold still.

(The nurse puts her hands on Kiyomi’s chest. A white sparkling light begins to heal Kiyomi.)

Kiyomi: (Thinking) Why have I all of a sudden become weak? First there was Aiko. She blinded me during our battle and I was forced to be escorted by a kid out of the forest. Masumi represents my evil desires. Everyday she’s becoming stronger than me. Then there’s Kaji. I know I’m not strong enough to fight him, so I seek Kiyo for help. Kaji doesn’t even have cursed blood. Yet he’s stronger than me. And now this… Now I’m poisoned and I’m being healed by an unknown woman. Why am I so helpless to protect myself…?

Nurse: Seems that masked man fooled you. Those needles were not poison. But they were slowly paralyzing your body. Any ordinary person would have been paralyzed once the needle punctured the skin and came in contact with the blood. Your body must be able to take a lot. It’s very strong and durable.

Kiyomi: Are you only trying to make me feel better?

Nurse: I only state the truth.

(The Nurse finishes healing Kiyomi and takes her hands off her chest. The Nurse then quickly runs away.)

Masumi: Why not just let me take over your body?

Kiyomi: I’m not an evil person. I refuse to let it consume my body.

Masumi: But just think about how powerful you will become if you let me take over. You will have the ability to control wind and earth. But as of now you’re limited to only wind, unless we become one and you allow me to take over. (Says in tempting voice) You will no longer be weak, or have to rely on anyone else.

Kiyomi: You have a point, Masumi. You have a good point. (Closes eyes)

(The wind begins to slightly pick up for a moment.)

[Seigen town]

(Kiyo and Eli are walking through a beautiful green park. The two of them have new clothing. Kiyo is wearing tan shorts with a dark gray short sleeve shirt. His shoes are black and his shirt has a flaming skull in the middle. He still has short, spiky brown hair and his red headband. The fire symbol is on the small metal emblem in the middle of the headband. Eli has short brown hair as well, but his bangs are spiky and go to the side of his face. He’s wearing a violet sparring uniform He’s wearing a white shirt underneath. Kiyo and Eli are walking through the seemingly ordinary park. The people in the park are giving Kiyo strange looks.)

Kiyo: Why are these people staring? Is there something on my face?

Eli: You’re an outsider. Magnes will find you. And when he does, the people of this town don’t want to be anywhere around you.

Kiyo: Wellthis is his town, right?It’s only fair he knows who enters and leaves.

Eli: Kiyo, what are we gonna do about those three masked guys that were watching us, when we were in the ditch?

Kiyo: There were actually five watching us. Two of them were hidden very well.

Eli: I only saw three. Wow you must be perceptive.

Kiyo: Rayna was my sensei. She taught me many skills. She was quite an amazing person. She’s the only one who I know can conquer both good and evil. Her cursed blood gave her the abilities of light and dark. She was able to conquer both and use their forces anytime she wants to.

Eli: (Thinking) I thought cursed blood could only give a single person one ability. So Rayna must be apart of the legendary family.

Kiyo: Back to the point. (Stops walking) I’m sure that by now, Magnes has captured Surina and her children. I didn’t see the Clerk at
his shop, so that must mean he went to deliver the food already.

Eli: We just gotta hope Magnes didn’t kill him.

Kiyo: I’m sure he didn’t. From what I heard about Magnes so far, he’s not gonnajust kill the clerk out of the blue. He’s gonna do it to where everyone can see, to prove a point. Just like his brother, Magnes will probably execute him.

Eli: You know, the funny thing is, my instincts are telling me the same thing.

Kiyo: Cause you’re a smart kid. Now listen, most likely, Magnes is looking for us. He sent a spy on us in the clothing store. He’ll most likely be there asking the store people about me. He wants to get as much information as possible about me.

Eli: So then we split up. You go to the clothing store to meet Magnes, and I’ll go check things out at Surina’s hideout.

Kiyo: I want you to stay here. I wanted to take this walk in the park for a reason. I didn’t tell you this, but Butch is in this park. We’ve been tailing him the whole time. I just didn’t tell you.

Eli: So you want me to fight him now?

Kiyo: That is correct.

Eli: I wish to be a warrior someday and become the strongest in the world. I will rush in to fight him without hesitation! What is your goal, Kiyo? Like your major goal?

Kiyo: To find the Gem of Croy and defeat the man who killed my family.

Eli: So you live for revenge?

Kiyo: I also want to rid the world of evil. Not all of it, but as much as I can. Innocent people deserve to live happy lives. And I will make sure no evil gets in the way of that.

Eli: Good luck fighting Magnes. Like me; he’s given abilities through bloodline. He has incredible physical strength.

Kiyo: So he doesn’t have cursed blood, but a bloodline ability. Got it. Now let’s begin the battles.

TO BE CONTINUED…