Sequel: Palm Trees

Seashells

what a lame trick

July 11th, 2005

This was the day after Sim's party. We all swore never to tell anyone about it. I think Sim told my brother though, because he always looked at me weirdly after that. He never said anything though, so we were safe.

You told me you regretted drinking at the party. I asked why, since nothing really bad happened at all. It was fun, actually. You said it was because you didn't like losing the feeling of being in control of yourself. I disagreed. Sometimes, it's just what needs to happen. You just shrugged and walked away.

Later that day, Sim invited everyone from the party to hang out on the beach. We all met up there at about four, and we were just going over the highlights of the night. Some things were pretty embarrassing, so I won't go into that... I'm pretty sure you remember them, though.

Throughout the conversation, someone kept tapping my on my right shoulder. When I looked to my right, all I saw was Sim. I knew it wasn't her, because she was way too busy telling her own story about the time she accidentally knocked over a whole shelf of tampons and made a run for it.

It kept happening, so eventually I looked behind me. There was no one there, and I got pretty creeped out. I didn't realize it until later that night - it was you. You were sitting on my left, and you were doing that trick on me.

I really wanted to get you back for that, but I couldn't think of anything.

Image