Status: Active

Beast

10_Yvonne

"Where are you going?" Yvonne asked groggily, shielding her eyes against the harsh sunlight pouring through the windows.

"Work," Julius replied tersely as he pulled on a pair of pants and buttoned his shirt.

Yvonne pouted, sitting up in bed and pulling the sheets over herself. "But aren't you supposed to be off for two more weeks? The Fortis will survive without you for the day. Come back to bed," she said, grabbing Julius's hand.

"I can't," Julius said, unable to meet Yvonne's sharp, moody gaze. "They're too busy. The Fortis is swamped in this whole sanguinarium mess, and now they're using a bunch of under qualified agents. I need to go."

Yvonne sighed, letting go of her lover's hand. "It's always work with you. When will it ever be me? When am I going to count before you're stupid job?"

"Yvonne, don't-"

"No! Don't you dare. You always bitch out when we start to have this conversation. What are you going to do if you get hurt, or when you grow old and you can't be an agent anymore? Hm? Work is not always going to be there, even for a big shot agent like you."

"I don't know," Julius said, failing to conceal the frustration he felt.

"What? What don't you know?" Yvonne fumed.

"Look, can we just talk about this later?" Julius asked helplessly. Even if he stayed, he wouldn't have been able to give Yvonne the answers she wanted.

"Fine," Yvonne said angrily, turning away from Julius, and laying on her stomach, ready to go back to sleep. She a beautiful woman, and as a beautiful woman, she was accustomed to getting what she wanted. When she didn't, nothing but time could console her.

Julius sighed, feeling powerless. He looked up at the ceiling for a moment, as if it would tell him what to do.

"I love you," he said gently, brushing hair off of Yvonne's neck and kissing the bar skin on her shoulder. She didn't respond, but she didn't have to.

With that, Julius left Yvonne's apartment, taking the elevator down fifty stories to where his motorcycle was parked outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Helloooo. Sorry that it's been so long since I last posted a chapter... and sorry that this one is so short. I wanted to bring Julius back, and I wanted to introduce Yvonne, and I think adding more would have been unnecessary because I just wanted a quick snapshot of their relationship. Since I started college, I haven't been able to write as much as I want to, but I'm getting back into it, so hopefully there won't be more gaps like this between chapters. Class might be cancelled for the next few days because of this Frankenstorm (don't we all love the clever name?) we're supposed to be getting, so I'll have a lot of time to write then. I promise a nice long chapter with lots of exciting things and plot progression (because let's be honest, this story has been moving kind of slow) within the next two weeks. As always thanks for reading and subscribing!