Status: ONE-SHOT

Normality

1/1

”Frankie…” Gerard’s voice whined as he felt two muscular, tanned arms slide around his waist, resting underneath where his own were placed. Tattoo’s reflected brightly in the full length mirror in front of the two men, One of Gerard’s hands left it resting place to wipe at red, wet eyes, before he looked sullenly towards a pile of cloth lying on the floor beside him. “I’m Fat.” The sudden statement did not by any means take the younger by surprise; he merely smiled to himself and placed a gentle kiss to the crook of his lover’s neck.
“You’re Beautiful.” His moist lips mumbled against the sensitive skin.
“No. I’m fat.” Gerard spoke as if addressing a mentally ill chimp. Frank shook his head and kissed Gerard’s neck once more, only to be ignored by the older male as he continued to speak, his voice becoming more and more distraught with each word that passed his lips. “I’m fat and you fucking know it Iero! I can’t even fit into those old sweat’s my Father gave me now, Look! I ripped them! LOOK!” His hand gestured towards the pile of clothe as tears formed in his glistening eyes. “I’m a fat, hideous freak.

Frank’s jaw tightened, the muscles flexing visibly beneath the skin as he spun Gerard to face him, his hands cupping Gerard’s cherubic pale face, wet tracks disappearing as Frank’s thumbs caressed them.
“You’re not, a freak, you are a beautiful human being who is the bravest, most caring and strongest person I have ever had the honour to meet.” Frank’s eyes remained fixed on Gerard watery ones, the odd sniff slipping past the elders pouting lips.
“B-but the sweatpants…”
“Weren’t made with paternity wear in mind.” Frank turned Gerard back towards the mirror, placing their hands over Gerard’s plump stomach, the alabaster skin cool to their touch, fluttering, barely there movements pressing against their fingers and palms.

Gerard’s eyes roamed his stretched stomach, the slight feeling of abnormity which had been brewing in his chest slipping away quicker than sands of grain between fingers as he felt his baby press against his inside, the reassuring movement causing a smile to slip onto his lips.
“It’s society that’s hideous Gerard, not you. Society that can’t accept this for the wonderful event it is because it’s been forced into a tiny conformist box and god forbid any-one steps a toe over that line. They are the freaks; they are the ones too afraid to live. You, you are amazing, and when our baby’s here, in our home, in our arms…everything…everything will be just…” Frank trailed off, not able to find words for the sense of peace and completion and joy he knew would flood through them and their home, Gerard however simply smiled, his hands running over Frank’s and his stomach, gentle feather touch to acknowledge their babies attention seeking kicks.
“Perfect.” Gerard’s voice murmured, leaning back into Frank who nodded, his throat closing up as tears threatened to fall.

They both stood there, running their hands over soft skin, tracking the swift movements beneath Gerard’s skin, smiles on their faces as time passed by swiftly for both in peaceful silence, until Gerard’s hushed voice broke their reverie.
“Frankie?” Frank hummed, not wanting to use his voice, not wanting to break the fragile cocoon they had surrounded themselves in. Gerard was silent for a moment before continuing in the same soft tone. “I’m still gonna need some clothes….that fit.”