Chain Mail

Chapter 1/1

Chain mail. We all hate it, but we just can't seem to get rid of it. Everytime I check my email, I'm being told that I'm going to die that night because-- obviously-- I'm not going to send the email on. It wasn't scary, just a bit comical that all my friends really thought their death was impending. 

There it is. I check my email and smack in the middle is a message with a bunch of forwards in the 'sender' box. I click it, curious as to who my maker will be this time. The message read:

I really hate to send these things, but I couldn't take the chance. Forward this to 10 of your contacts within the next 5 minutes or you'll die tonight. A man with a chainsaw will be standing in your room. David Tanner failed to do this and died October 12th, 2010. Same with Samantha Kirkpatrick on May 7th, 2008. 

I chuckle to myself before deleting the message. I go through the rest of my mail-- just a bunch of spam and facebook notifications. 

A scream tears through the silence and sends my heart racing. I hasten to the origin of the noise.

A pool of red is what I see first, followed by a bloody hand. Then a bloody torso, and lastly bloody footprints. Tears spring to my eyes and I drop down to my lifeless sister.

"Taylor!" I sob, trying to shake her awake though I know nothing would bring her back. "I'll be right back." I tell her, stroking her cheek. 

"Dad!" I call, running around the house. I scream it louder and louder until I feel as if my lungs will burst. 

My heart pounds in my ears, my feet pound on the ground. Heavy sobs escape my lips and tears blur my vision. This can't be happening. This can't be happening. This can't be--

Another cry, but this time a masculine one. I rush to the sound, my legs feeling as if they'll give out at any moment. 

Another pool, another bloody hand, another bloody torso, another family member. More tears, more sobs, more disbelief. 

"Daddy." I choke out, hiccups and sobs constricting my throat. I reach for his phone by the computer when something on his computer catches my eye. Chain mail.

No. 

I don't have time to react before I feel something sharp plunge into my back. I gasp before emitting a strangled cry and crumpling to the ground in pain. I feel the warm liquid draining from my body, making me feel weak. 

The last thing I hear is a faint whisper in the wind.

Forward. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you like it? Well I DID write it at midnight... but I really wanted to write a scary story in the spirit of Halloween. Thanks for reading anyway!