Pirouette

Pirouette

She knew it was only a dream but for some reason she couldn’t find it in her to open her eyes.

The music was playing softly in the background as hundreds of people were gazing at her as if she were some sort of angel. Her ballet slippers moved across the hardwood stage flawlessly. With her arms out like a dainty little flower, she twirled her body into the perfect pirouette. She then brought herself to a delicate stop and curtsied to the audience. They cheered and applauded for the beautiful dancer and threw giant bouquets of flowers to show their amazement for her stunning performance.

She suddenly opened her eyes quicker than the speed of light. Her ballet music was playing on loop loudly. While she was turning the music down, she caught a glimpse of herself in the full length mirror beside her. Her thick rimmed glasses and two left feet seemed to be mocking her and bringing her back to the reality she didn’t want to face. The posters that covered her walls were simply an image of what she dreamed to be: a ballerina.
♠ ♠ ♠
Define: Pirouette
noun /ˌpeer-oo-et / 
pirouettes, plural
1. An act of spinning on one foot, typically with the raised foot touching the knee of the supporting leg