Weak Man, Weak Boy.

This is how my heart behaves.

“How are you feeling today?”

She watched his tired hazel eyes look up to meet hers. “Better than the day before,” he said with a bright grin.

“That’s good.”

Annabelle reached over to take her father’s hand in hers. “So how’s that job of yours?”

“Which one?” she asked with a laugh.

“The one with that boy you always talk about.”

Annabelle felt her heart sink but she didn’t dare let her father see. “The jobs done,” she spoke with a smile.

“That’s wonderful.”

“Why is that?”

He Father pursed his lips before fluttering his tired eyes. “I heard things about that boy, Oliver Sykes.”

“Oh yeah,” she said with a laugh. “And what exactly did you hear.”

“Not good things.”

“Well go on, share.”

“I had one of the nurse’s Google him.”

Annabelle let out a laugh as she ran her hands over his bare head. “And what did magically Google tell you?”

“That he’s a monster.”

She let out a laugh shaking her head. “He really isn’t, when you get to know him.”

“Did he pee on you?”

She couldn’t hold in the laughter as she shook her head. She placed her cold hand on his hot head shaking her head in his.

“Are you alright there?”

“The nurse said something about him having a liking to peeing on girls.”

“He doesn’t like to pee on girls.”

“Not what I heard.”

Annabelle let out a laugh before pressing her forehead against his. “You can’t always believe what you hear.”

“It seems like you grew to a liking to that boy.”

Annabelle gave her father a smile before shrugging her shoulders. “He wasn’t what I expected,” she said with a grin. “He wasn’t that bad of a guy everyone made him up to be.”

“Are you in love darling?”

“Excuse me?”

“It seems like you are in love with this boy.”

Annabelle shrugged her shoulders holding her father’s hand tight. “And if I was?”

“I would pronounce that boy dead if he ever hurt you.”

“You don’t have to worry about anything Pop,” she spoke with a grin her forehead pressed against his. “There’s nothing going to happen between me and him.”

“And why is that?”

“He doesn’t see what I see in him.”

Image


Oliver sat there in a complete rut. His eyes glazed over as he sat in the chair, staring down at the book in his hand. Beauty and the Beast. He remembered Annabelle telling him that was her favorite book. He never understood why until he related to it. He let his fingers go over the cover his head longer for her touch.

He missed her.

He was in love with Annabelle. He closed his eyes feeling the tiredness taking over him. Maybe everyone was right; maybe he didn’t deserve to be happy. Evil never got their happy ending, right? He placed the book down on the ground before grabbing his beer and stumbling into the other room. There he sat staring at the picture frames out in front of her.

“I miss you baby,” he spoke looking at the girl in front of him. “I’m so sorry I wasn’t there,” he spoke looking directly into her green eyes. “I’m sorry it wasn’t me.”

He placed the beer down on the ground as he placed his head in his hands. “Remember when I told you that I would only love you for the rest of my life,” he spoke letting his hazel eyes met her green ones once again. “I lied.”

He closed his eyes seeing nothing but Annabelle. “I love her Amanda.”

“I’m sorry baby girl,” he said reaching over to grab the picture frame into his hands.

He let his fingers roll of her beautiful face, a smile spreading to his lips. “Please forgive me,” he spoke pressing his lips against hers. “I need to let you go.”

Image


Annabelle walked down the halls of the hospital, tiredness taking over her body. She was coming off a 12 hour shift and all she wanted to sleep but her father came first. Her father always came first. As she walked down the hall getting closer and closer to the room before she finally peered her head in.

“You awake old man?”

That’s when her eyes were met with the empty bed out in front of her. Nothing but fear was felt in her bones. The tears came second. She rushed out seeing a nurse down the hall.

“Where’s my father?!” she yelled in fear. “Where is he!” she yelled as the tears streamed down her face.

“Belle,” she spoke grabbing the girl. “He was moved to another hospital,” she spoke with a cheerful smile.

“What, why?” she asked still fearful of her father’s well-being. “Is everything okay, what’s going on?”

“He was move to Saint Patrick’s facility for better care.”

“I didn’t authorize the move,” she spoke feeling her heart beat faster. “You know we can’t afford that.”

“It’s all been taken care of.”

“By who, what’s going on?”

The nurse gave her a smile before patting her shoulder. “A young boy came in, signed all the papers. Paid all the debt off and shipped him off for the better care.”

“Who was it?”

“A young man names Oliver, I believe,” she said with a smile. “A complete English Gentleman that boy was.”

Annabelle was confused; but a smile spread to her lips. She shook her head before exiting out of the hospital feeling her heart beat a million miles an hour. It didn’t take long before she was standing outside the large doors. She brought her hand to the door slamming down. When the door opened, there he stood with a weary look on his face.

Annabelle didn’t waste a minute before crashing her lips into his. His lips were unresponsive for a split second before he grabbed her waist pulling her closer to his. Their heart beating out of their chest as their lips danced with one another. She pulled away completely breathless as she looked deep into his hazel eyes.

“You’re a complete prick.”

“I know.”

She gave him a smile before pressing her lips against his. “I love you,” she spoke looking deep into his eyes letting her hands go over his face, tracing his facial expression.

Oliver was nervous as he gulped back every feeling going on in his body and his heart. He crashed his lips against hers once more loving the taste.

“I love you too,” he spoke against her lips.

She smiled once more before kissing his lips digging her hair into his hair. She pulled away and she stared at the man staring back at her. Her eyes going down to the rose inked into his skin, she leaned in pressing her lips against the red rose. With a kiss the monster, the beast, was no longer in front of her. Merely just a beautiful man standing there, just as beautiful as he was on the outside was what he was inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there it is. I hope you enjoyed it. I seriously just finished writing it right now, I hope you don't hate me too much ):

Word Count: 1,176