Hush Yael

Epilogue

I stared up at the sky. Everything felt different to me. I had fulfilled my promise to Einat, though it wasn’t the one I had hoped for.

I had promised that I would kill him, but I didn’t promise that I would come back. My second death wasn’t necessarily a gift to anyone. And now, what good was I? I wasn’t where I wanted to be, though I suppose it was where I belonged, after the feat I had “accomplished”.

A lone tear fell from my eye.

"Do you miss me, Einat?" I whispered to the above and beyond, linking my fingers together in front of me. "Because I miss you. More than you'll probably ever know." I wiped away the stray water droplet that was trickling down my cheek. "I should have listened to you from the start. I should have let fate take its course with him," The mentioning of my family's murderer left a bad taste in my mouth. "But I had to be a stupid, naive, ignorant little girl. I had to prove that humans are the masters of sin and slaughter, even in the face of death."

I buried my face in my hands, letting out a long sniffle. "I'm sorry, Einat," I choked, "I'm so, so sorry..."

“Yael Haran?” A feminine voice reached my ears, and I turned around to face whoever was there, but saw no one. The voice was in my mind again. “I’m sorry to interrupt your isolation, but the master says that he wishes to speak with you.”

I gave a solemn nod in affirmation and turned to walk in the opposite direction, vanishing through the gates of Hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Death is permanent, but your home is not.

Read, comment, subscribe, reccomend. c: