Status: Drabble <3 Please Comment.

Children are our Future

D is for Discaled

She never wears shoes.


“Shoes are a sign of conformity. People use shoes to gauge their status.”

In fact, she hated shoes.


“What about when it gets cold, “I asked, teasing her slightly, as I ran my fingers through her long blonde hippie inspired hair.

She shrugged, “Maybe my feet will toughen by then.”
“Your feet are gonna be bigger than mine, “I teased pulling at her pink piggy’s.

Giggling she pulled away, and turned to face me, “No they, won’t. I’ll wear socks.”

I gave her a perplexed look, “Socks are okay, but Shoes aren’t.”

She nodded standing up from her sitting position and twirling in front of me, “It’s all apart of my new religious path.”

“Really?” I gave her a questioning glance, pulling myself up and grabbing her hand, “What would that be?”

“I’m studying hedonism. The pursuit of pleasure.”
I gave her a skeptical look, “I thought you hated religion and conformity.”

“This is different. This isn’t about trying please somebody else; it’s about doing the things you love and improving the world.”
“You’re turning into a hippie now?” She huffed loudly,

“That’s a common misconception. This isn’t all about ‘Make love, not war’.”

I grinned goofily down at her. This little girl with big dreams. The opinionated little spitfire who was willing to try new things. The little girl who saw the greater good in our messed up world.
“I want people to help others; one person can’t change the world. I need help.”
I smiled at her,
“How’d you get so smart?”

The little girl of twelve smiled up at me and gave me a goofy grin, “I learned it from you Daddy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay :) This is very fluffy and the ending changed suddenly.