I'd Sacrifice This World to Hold You

Chapter 11 - Warmness On The Soul

Chapter 11

Hayleys PoV (still)*

It was around 6pm now. Still no news on Val. I was sitting where I was earlier. Counting the tiles on the ceiling. Nothing else to do. I tryed not to think about anything becuase it hurt and because I didn't want to be scared. I tryed to stay positive. What else could I do?

A doctor approached me.

"Hi, Miss Williams?"

"Yes."

"Valery is doing great. Fortunately it was only a concussion but we couldn't take any risks with all the blood there was once we had got there. You can go and see her if you like, she's awake. Oh, and I'm terribly sorry about your other friend, Zachary. There was nothing we could do. Too much in his system," He said politely.

"What do you mean? I thought he died from injuries?"

"No, He died from excessive quantities of ecstasy in his body. The only injuries he substained was a broken nose and broken jaw," He explained to me.

"So.. It wasn't Billie's fault.." I mumbled.

"Sorry?"

"Nevermind. Where's Valery?" I asked. He directed me to the end of the hall and onto her ward.

I soon found her. She was lying in bed. Looked kind of scared.

"Hey!" I exclaimed. She looked up.

"Hey Hayley," She said looking slightly pleased to see me.

I went to go and sit next to her bed. I pulled up the chair and sat in it. I smiled at her. She smiled back.

"How's your head?" I asked.

"It's okay. Bit of a headache but I'll be fine."

"That's good," I said.

"I'm never talking to Zacky again however," She spoke grimly. I felt my stomach drop. She doesn't know.

"Huh?" It was all I could manage.

"It's all his fault. He got jealous so he hit me. He can't stand anyone other than himself to be happy. He's a prick."

"Erm.. Val?"

"Yes?"

"Well.. Zacky.. He.. He didn't make it... I'm so sorry," I began to cry. Valery's face dropped. She felt my pain. A few tears fell from her too.

"He.. He can't be dead."

"He is.. Babe I'm so sorry," I apologised for his death.

We sat in silence for about half an hour. Both of of silently crying. I held her hand with mine. I felt her squeeze it every now and then.

"Where's Billie?" She finally said. I looked at her. She knew it was bad news.

"He's been arrested. They think he killed Zacky-"

"What?!" She interrupted me.

"But don't worry. The doctor told me it was drugs that killed Zack. He took 'E' at the club, don't you remember?" I asked.

"I think so. I know he was talking to Nick. He always ends up high after meeting him," She mentioned.

"So this is all Nick's fault?" I worked it out in my head. He'd obviously got some of his ultra illegal pills which have now wrecked several lives.

"Miss Dray?" I turned round to see a doctor standing a few feet behind us.

"Yeah?" Valery answered curiously.

"We think it's okay for you to go home now," She smiled.

I leaned over and hugged Valery. She gripped me tight.

"I love you.."

"I love you more," I promised.
♠ ♠ ♠
The story is progressing nicely. Don't you think?

The comments are always appreciated.

Love you all.

Vikki x