Status: progressing

Little Mistakes Go a Long Way

one

“Welcome to the set of Finally Free, Miss Klein,” the producer’s assistant said to me when my agent dropped me off outside of wardrobe on my first day.
“Thanks, Madison. Tell me, who am I working with this time?” I was referring to my co-star in this new and upcoming film of mine. This would make my fifth movie and I’ve worked with the same producer on all of them, which are how I know Maddy so well. And let’s just say, my co-stars haven’t been the best.
“You haven’t heard? Ryan Gosling.”
“The guy from The Notebook?” was my quizzical response. I had never had such a big name co-star before. I was still pretty new but sky rocketing so far.
“The one and only, he is excited to work with someone so young and fresh, those were his words.”
“Young and fresh, that’s all? He failed to mention talented and beautiful. Tell him that I’m a damn good actress and he better watch his back, I like pranks.”
“You just told me,” I heard a male voice which spooked me. Maddy seemed unfazed. I turned and there he was, Ryan Gosling, in all his glory.
“Ryan, is it?”
“You know who I am just as much as I know who you are,” was his quick response with a smirk. See, here’s the only problem. After my second movie came out, I met Ryan at an after party for the release. He and I majorly flirted and he asked me out. I accepted and we dated without anyone knowing for two whole months. Than he had the nerve to have sex with me and dump me, we haven’t spoken since and no one knows what went on between us.
“Well, like I said, watch your back, I like pranks.”
“Those pranks are what can have you blackballed in Hollywood, Miss Klein.”
“Maddy, will you give Ryan and I a moment please?” she gave me a weird look.
“Just don’t kill each other, and please, for the director’s sake, figure out your problems before production starts.” And she was gone down the hill of the set.
“What did you need to talk about, Maya?”
“You could be a bit more polite to me; we did have fun, until you ruined it of course.”
“So it’s my fault that you’re rude?”
“You broke up with me the day after I gave you what you really wanted. How does that make me the bad guy?”
“Whatever, just stay away from me unless we are on camera. Everything else can go through my assistant.”
“No, you are a jackass. It’ll go through MY assistant.”
“Oh, you have one of those? I thought it took more than two movies to get one,” he mocked.
“For your information, it was four!” I yelled as he took off in his own direction and I in my own. I found wardrobe and was startled to find an old friend of mine there.
“Maya!” Shayla giggled in her very own welcome. She wrapped me in a hug.
“What are you doing here, Shay? I thought you were staying home in Michigan?”
“Turns out my fashion sense got noticed when you came home that one time after your second movie. The producer got me hired on for wardrobe for this movie!” We pulled out of the hug and I stared down my best friend. She looked fabulous as always and so fashionable in a blouse and khaki skirt with nude pumps with her light blonde curly hair cascading down her back and shoulders. I was happy to have her as my wardrobe selection. She could make the best outfit for any occasion, and with a budget. It wouldn’t faze me if she became a big shot wardrobe director in Hollywood.
“Congratulations, girl, it’s going to be amazing to have you here with me the entire movie. And there’s stuff I have to let off my chest.”
“We can do that later, for now, I have to get a look approved by the director for the first scene that you are filming which happens to be in the middle of the stupid script. Why write the script in one order if you aren’t going to film it in that order?” she sighed and started pulling out pieces of clothes. She held them up to me, put some back, took others out, and finally shoved me into a little room to change into all the things she gave me.
She picked out a green top and white pants with adorable suede pumps and a green purse. I had to admit, the outfit was cute. I didn’t know which scene if fit with, but than again, I didn’t care. I just wanted to film it all and get it over with instead of being stuck with Ryan for months on end.
“So?” I asked her as I exited the changing room. She made me spin and twirl.
“They look good, let me check the script and see if it goes with the scenery.” She read through it for a couple minutes and looked me up and down a few more times before going to a closet and pulling out a different purse that was lighter and a ring that said believe. I exchanged the purses and slipped the ring on and we were out the door and headed to see the director. “Director Ames, what do you think of this outfit for the first scene you are shooting tomorrow?”
“What about her makeup?” he questioned quickly.
“It would be done with a natural bronzer, a light green and possibly black eye ensemble, and very little blush.”
“I like it. Can you get to work on the second scene? I want to try and get two or three scenes done a day to make this go by faster?”
“Sure thing, we’ll be back shortly.” She slid her arm through mine and asked, “What did you need to tell me?”
“Shayla! I need your opinion on Ryan’s attire? What do you think?” another wardrobe representative came and asked Shay. She dropped her arm from mine and looked Ryan over.
“Which scene?”
“The first one to be shot,” the other lady replied.
“Unbutton the top three buttons and it will be perfect considering this is her outfit and they can’t clash,” Shay instructed.
“Great, she looks fabulous, see you later!” the other girl yelled before escorting Ryan to the director’s office. We got back to the wardrobe trailer and she read the script again. She started through the closets again and came up with a completely different ensemble this time.
“This is one of my favorite outfits, ever!” she exclaimed when I entered the trailer’s main lounge in the new outfit. It was an all black vest with matching pants with a pink clutch and pumps. It was a total party and club outfit, so I figured that’s what scene was second. I had absolutely no idea because I had barely read the script to begin with. That’s what they first days of production are for, reading through with the cast. “Run off and show the director, come up with your own makeup and hair. You were always better at that than me!”

By the end of the day, Ryan and I had our first five scene’s outfits picked out and being pressed. The director than sent the two of us to dinner to “bond.” I felt like gagging, but nevertheless I had to go and I still hadn’t even told Shayla about my history with Ryan. I felt like a lousy best friend, but it was impossible because the only time we were together today was when I was changing or she was picking outfits. I was mentally exhausted by the end of it and than having to go out with Ryan, it just made my day even worse.
Shayla, of course, picked out my outfit for this “bonding” opportunity; making it so I looked fabulous, which basically told Ryan to eat his heart out. I added my own spice to the outfit with my mother’s wedding ring, since she died two years ago and I was left everything as an only child.
“You look amazing, Maya,” Ryan said as he held open the door to the limo he had requested. I slid in and got comfortable while Ryan ran around the other side and got in himself.
“Don’t make this worse than it already is, alright? I don’t like you, you don’t like me, got it?”
“That’s the problem, Maya. I do like you. I like you a lot. That’s why I dumped you.”
“How does that make you like me a lot? We had sex and you dumped me!”
“I was nervous; I had never felt that way about anyone in that short amount of time. I didn’t know what else to do!”
“How about admit your feelings?” was my response. He cut me off by crashing his lips onto mine. That practically stole any thought I had from mind and all of my breath too. He deepened the kiss when I didn’t pull back and so I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. His hands went to my face and they cupped it gently as he pulled back. His face was lingering in front of mine.
“How’s that?” he replied as he grinned.
“Better,” I kissed him again.
“Mr. Gosling, we are here,” the driver called to us from the front of the car. We immediately separated, but he took my hand in his. The driver opened Ryan’s door and he got out than reached his hand out to help me as well. We entered the quaint star filled restaurant with hands clasped together. There was press and they snapped pictures, but for once I didn’t care.

Months later, Ryan and I returned to his mansion in LA after the release of Finally Free. We had barely made it through the door when the straps to my white dress were falling from my shoulders. My dark hair cascaded down around my shoulders in the natural curls and he kissed my neck.
“God, that event lasted so long!” he complained as he moved us towards the bedroom, losing articles of clothing along the way, banging into walls.
“I want you, so please, shut up and get me in that bedroom!” he didn’t waste any time picking me up, throwing me over his shoulder like a sack, and running to his bedroom where he dumped me on the bed.
“Better?” he questioned as his shirt was discarded on the floor.
“Much,” I replied as my dress was added to the pile. I was left in a barely there thong and bra matching set while he let me unbuckle his pants to reveal his tidy whites! “You’re already so hard!”
“That’s all for you, babe.” He moved my thong and fingered me.
“That’s for you,” I giggled as he tickled me in my wet core. He just moved his fingers deeper and that brought up a moan. It wasn’t long until I was coming onto his fingers which he happily slipped into his mouth. I wanted to return the favor but he just slid on a condom and entered by still throbbing body.
“I think I may love you, Maya.”
“I know I love you, Ryan, so hurry up and make up your mind you fool!” I pulled him in for a kiss and let him buck his hips into me as he made sweet and passionate love to me. There was nothing better in life than that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it Maya!