Status: Completed

Forbidden and Mistaken

Tutoring And Fun

Harry and I had practiced all day! It was a Saturday, so we had lots of time. I had practiced my Wronski Feints and my twists and turns. It was perfect. I was going to kill Ravenclaw. Then I had remembered my 'tutoring'...Shit. Well I'm just going to have to miss it then. But then Snape would get even more angry. Okay, I told myself, I'll go.

"Harry...I can't do this."

"Why, Eliza? You're one of our star players!"

"Yeah, but Snape gave me tutoring, and then a detention. Remember?" I said.

Harry's smile vanished. "Okay. It's fine, I'll put Demelza on."

"Thanks, Harry." I said as I pulled him into a hug.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malfoy was no big help either, he didn't even act like we were friends, he acted like what happened between us didn't happen at all. Blaise didn't look forward to helping me in Defence Against the Dark Arts either. I didn't know why Snape would put me in tutoring when I'd gotten a freaking 'E' in my OWLs! And if it wasn't for that Umbridge woman, I would've gotten an 'O'! Hermione had gotten an 'E' also, and I don't see her in 'tutoring'...Snape was probably just trying to punish me for my 'backtalk' and 'false accusations'. Whatever.

"It's too bad we have to tutor this in the library. It would be way more entertaining to watch her get hit with Bludgers in the Quidditch game." Malfoy sniggered.

"Whatever, I'm gonna play Quidditch, whether you two let me or not." I said.

"Hmm...Well according to Snape, you're NOT playing."

"According to Harry...I am." I retorted.

"We'll see about that." Malfoy smirked. Blaise just looked plain bored. Blaise wasn't a bad guy, it was just a shame that he got thrown into Slytherin with that lot. Anyway, Malfoy looked pleased 'tutoring' me himself, so he decided to let Blaise go watch the Quidditch. "Blaise, why don't you go watch the Gryffindors fail at Quidditch. I'll take care of this." He said with a smirk as Blaise ran out the library door.

"Why'd you do that? Don't you want Blaise to help you do your dirty work." I asked.

He scowled.

"Oh come on, Malfoy. Don't you ever smile?" I asked. He still didn't reply. Fine. "So, why did Snape ask you to 'tutor' me when I get the same marks as Hermione and most of the class?"

"Because you're an insolent, little girl who doesn't know how to talk to Professor Snape." He answered.

"I just stated the obvious. But why you, of all people?" I asked.

"Because you hate me, why else? He just wants you to miss your precious Quidditch game..." He smirked.

"Well, I'm leaving." I said as I got up to leave. Draco didn't let me.

"Petrificus Totalus." He said under his breath. I froze, solid as a rock, in my chair. "I can't. Snape's orders." He said.

Non-verbal spells...Non-verbal spells...I got it! Now, think...Finite Incantem...Finite Incantem. Ugh. Nothing. I watched as Malfoy's evil smile widened. Why don't you smile when you're NOT feeling evil? Okay. Try harder. Mean it. Finite Incantem. Finite Incantem.

"Finite Incantem." I spoke aloud.

"Nice. See, I taught you something, Allen."

"Asshole." I muttered.

"Do you honestly want me to keep you here any longer? Well I'll just use the Petrificus Total-"

"Shut up! You're the stupid jerk here! Not me! I hate Snape! I hate him!"

"Be quiet!" A voice shouted from across the library.

"You know, you should be more respectful of the professors, Eliza." Draco said with another smirk.

"Don't call me Eliza! We are definitely not on first name terms!"

"Fine...Ellie." He smiled. And this time, just for a second. A millisecond, maybe, I felt like it was genuine.

It was replaced with my hatred. No matter how good that kiss was, no...no matter how hard I wanted to be friends with that loser, I still felt like I hated him. No, more like 'highly dislike' him. Malfoy was an evil, self centered, git who-

"Fine. You don't want to be called that." He said, without a smile this time.

"Don't talk to me." I said.

"Why? Are you suggesting that you didn't want to-"

"Shut up! I don't want you to ever remind me of that, you slimy, disgusting, piece of-"

"Shut it."

"Why do you do this?" I asked after a while.

"Because...even though you're a Gryffindor...And even though you hate me...I feel...I feel like I owe you. No, not owe, but, just the need to be with you. And I don't hate you either. I just...I say things that I don't mean."

"I don't hate you, Draco. It's q-...quite the opposite actually. But you just get on my damn nerves sometimes! And you don't even act like we're friends."

"Well of course we don't act like we're friends! Hell, we act like enemies!"

"I thought you liked Pansy." I said.

"No...She liked me. She would always cling onto me. Like a dog, really."

"So I was right!" I laughed. He did too, but just for a second. "How was kissing a dog, Draco?"

"Don't remind me...Even you're better." He laughed.

"Hey!"

"You know I can't let you play Quidditch, but I can let you have some form of fun."

"Like what?" I asked. Fun? With Draco Malfoy? Those words didn't fit so well together.

"Like this." He said as he kissed me. Just for a second, but it was like magic. Okay, I didn't quite dislike Draco now...

"You're not bad..." I said. "Considering the only other practice you've had was with a dog."
♠ ♠ ♠
~Angela