Status: Completed

Forbidden and Mistaken

Meeting

Draco Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. Wait, stop thinking about Draco Malfoy. He's just a...never mind. Detention with Snape wasn't actually that bad. Sorting porcupine quills from hedgehog quills was hard, I admit, but after spending time with Malfoy, well, I think there might just be a tiny shard of light in him. Harry, Hermione, and Ron were actually quite surprised at how well I did with Snape.

"Of all the years I've been with you at Hogwarts..." Hermione started.

"What's wrong with you! Usually after detention with Snape, you...you hallucinate like you're insane!" Ron exclaimed.

"Hmm...People can change." I said truthfully.

"But not Eliza Allen!" Ron shouted in frustration from my actions. But why was he like this. It wasn't Snape's attitude towards me that made me happy, no...it was Draco Malfoy's. But why would I ever tell the 'Golden Trio' that I possibly had...stirrings...no, feelings for the git?

"Whatever, guys. He made me miss out on my Quidditch game." I sighed.

"That we won!" Harry exclaimed.

"Are you possibly saying that Demelza Robins is a better Chaser than me?" I joked.

"No...Just that we could've done better if I was-"

"Oh come on, Ellie...We know you better than that! What happened during your tutoring with the Slytherins?" Hermione asked suspiciously.

"N-...Nothing! I hated it, as usual. I just didn't want to show Snape that I was weak! Puh-lease! You're acting as though I've sided with a Death Eater!"

"...Sorry..." Ron said.

"We didn't mean it that way." Harry said calmly. My friends knew that my parents were Death Eaters, and that I didn't want to be one, and I would never be one. And how my parents wanted to disown me because Catherine and I were in Gryffindor instead of Slytherin, like the rest of my family. So whenever they talk about me associating with Death Eaters, well, it's hard.

"Fine. Just don't talk about it. You know me...I hate them. All of them." I said.

"Good." Hermione said.

"I think Malfoy is up to something, guys. He's always skipping class and stuff, it's kind of worrying me..." Harry implied.

"Oh come on, Harry! He's probably just hanging around..." Hermione argued.

"Whatever. I don't even care about that asshole anymore." I lied. I hated lying to my friends about Draco, but they can't possibly know. It would be absolutely terrible.

"Well we're going to Hogsmeade tomorrow, have your parents signed your form?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, sure. Maybe get some new stuff at Zonko's...Honeydukes maybe."

"Well we're getting butterbeers as usual, so why don't you join us?" Ron asked.

"Uh, well...I need to meet someone. It's nothing, really...I'll meet you at the Three Broomsticks later, of course."

"Who are you meeting?" Hermione asked.

"A family friend. One of those...you know..." I said, implying Death Eaters.

"Oh, okay." Harry said. The trio usually kept out of my business when it came to Death Eaters. They knew that I wasn't supposed to be 'friends' with Harry Potter, so my friends just stayed out of my way. It was for their safety...And mine. But I had lied again...It wasn't a Death Eater that I was meeting, no...It was Draco Malfoy. He'd asked me to meet him at the Shrieking Shack in Hogsmeade, and I don't know why I had said it, but...I had accepted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I had sat in the thestral-drawn carriages with Luna, Hermione, Ron, Harry, Ginny, and Neville as normal. When we had arrived at Hogsmeade, well...I didn't feel the same freshness that it usually was. It almost had a dark, gloomy feel to it.

"Don't you guys feel different?" I asked them.

"No, why do you ask?" Luna said.

"Because I don't feel right." I said.

"No, I feel it too, Eliza." Harry said.

"It's almost Dark." Ron agreed.

"Let's just forget about it and have a good time here. It may be our last year, you know." I said. And it was true, I probably wasn't going to Hogwarts next year. It just wasn't where I wanted to be when I became of age. I wanted to apparate and explore the world, to explore magic. Not just in Europe, but in America, Asia, even Australia!

"Yeah, she's right." Neville said as we made our way to Honeydukes. Honeydukes is one of the famous attractions in Hogsmeade. It is a sweet shop famous for its chocolate and many wonderfully wild sweets. It also houses the entrance to a secret passageway to Hogwarts. When Harry wasn't able to go to Hogsmeade, Fred and George gave him the Marauder's Map, which showed Harry the location of a secret passage between Hogwarts and the basement of Honeydukes. I came with Harry many times "undercover" so to speak. They had many of my favourite treats like Shock-o-Choc, Blood Lollys, Pumpkin Pastys, Jelly Slugs, Chocolate Frogs, and my all time favourite...Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans! After buying some of everything, we went to Zonko's Joke shop. It was only eleven thirty, that meant I still had time to meet Draco at noon. I had bought all of my favourite prank stuff, Dungbombs, Hiccough Sweets, Nose-Biting Teacups, everything to prank those nasty Slytherins...

I snuck out of the shop as soon as I'd finished buying my stuff, because I knew that my friends would want to follow me to the Shrieking Shack, where I had to meet Draco. I ran as fast as I could, past the villagers, and snow-covered buildings. It really was a winter wonderland in Hogsmeade. Maybe thats why it was probably my favourite town in the world, next to London. The Shrieking Shack was ahead, and I didn't know whether Malfoy was just setting me up, or if he had really wanted to see me. But I had to trust my instinct, which was to trust Draco Malfoy.

I climbed the narrow ladder to enter the slowly-decomposing shack. "Lumos", I muttered, feeling insecure in the Shack.

"Malfoy?" I whispered. I waited seconds. No, minutes, before hearing a reply.

"Eliza?" A voice answered. I peered across the wall I was hiding behind, and saw him. I stepped out from hiding.

"Draco." I said softly. "I came."

"I knew you would." He answered.

"Why do you do this?" I asked.

"Because...because, I don't know. Why do you?"

"Because I...I feel like you're more to me than the slimy asshole you usually are." I replied.

"Same with you. We always say we're opposites, but even Blaise thinks we're too much the same." He said.

"Maybe we are. But I still think we're opposite."

He smirked. "Opposites attract."

"That is so...old?" I responded.

"Maybe." He said. "You know, I never really liked Pansy." He admitted.

"I know."

"She, she's just the kind of girl that will cling on to any guy she wants and just...strangle him."

I laughed this time. "Sounds like her." I said. Shoot! I think I needed to meet my friends at the Three Broomsticks! "Draco...I gotta go, you know...They're all waiting for me and, they'll probably come up here if I don't go back."

"Losers are calling." He said with a smirk. I just smiled back and ran as fast as I could to the bar. When I got there, I met a sad faced Harry, an angry Ron, and a scolding Hermione.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where were you?" Hermione asked.

"Did they hurt you?" Ron asked.

"NO! Okay? It was nothing, I'd just got a little caught up in time and forgot about...this."

"It's okay, Eliza." Harry said. He was always the reassuring one.

"Well as long as you're okay..." Hermione said.

"Here's your butterbeer." Ron said, holding out a glass of the golden liquid for me.

"So what'd you guys do while I was gone?" I asked while I sipped my glass.

"Nothing. Just went to Spintwitches' to look at brooms and Scrivenshaft's for some new quills."

"Oh, okay. Cool." I said, my mind drifting to Malfoy again. Damn, why did he have to be so hot!
♠ ♠ ♠
~Angela