Status: Completed

Forbidden and Mistaken

The Allen Manor

Pansy Parkinson belongs in a dog kennel. Seriously. Being her damn partner in Transfiguration was hell. Turning a tea cosy into a hen was not easy, but even tougher when you had to do it with your worst enemy. In this case, it was Pansy. Only one more week till Christmas break. One more week. Just a week. Seven days.

"You're not doing it properly, Allen!" She whined.

"Oh puh-lease, Parkinson...Stop barking in my ear!"

"Shut up! Just transfigure it already!"

"Fine!" I yelled. I waved my wand across as the tea cosy transformed into a rooster.

"Thats a freaking rooster, Allen! You're going to make us fail!"

"Good. I'd rather lose grades with you than on my own."

"Whatever, Allen. Your stupid remarks mean nothing to me." She sneered.

Surprisingly, I didn't kill her during that lesson. McGonagall would probably be happy if I did. I had still felt guilty being with my friends after that horrible dream. Because it wasn't a dream, it was a flashback. And that flashback was reality. As I went into the Great Hall for lunch with the trio, a brown owl dropped a letter down on my lap. I don't usually get mail from home, so this was very surprising to me.

"What does it say?" Ron asked excitedly.

"I don't know." I said unfolding the envelope. It had the Allen Crest stamped on it in wax, so I knew it had to have come from my family. Ugh...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear, Eliza.

We haven't been writing to very often, I'm afraid. But this Christmas we would like to have the family Christmas party at our mansion. Please come home for the holidays. All of our friends and family will be there and we want you to be there. Do not go to the Weasley's this year. Or there will be very severe consequences.

-Lawrence and Carrie Allen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why can't they just say "love, mum and dad"?" Ron asked.

"Because they're big jerk-asses who can't stand my friends." I groaned. "I was really looking forward to spending time at your house this year..." I told Ron.

"It's okay, Eliza...I'm sure mum'll send you the nice blazer she's knit for you. She know that you love purple." He smiled.

"Thanks, Ron. Thats very kind of her." I told him.

"What's it like? Those parties at your house." Harry asked.

"You don't wanna know. We haven't had any for a while since Catherine lived with us, but they were always very...interesting."

"That sucks." Hermione said.

"I know. I love Christmas at the Weasleys!" I said.

"Why don't you just come anyway?" Ginny asked.

"You heard their letter..."severe consequences..."

"What does that mean?" Harry asked.

"Probably transferring to Durmstrang. Or even worse...Beauxbatons." I told them.

"Ouch." Ginny cringed.

"Yeah. But they probably wouldn't anyway. Most of our family has gone to Hogwarts, but a few at Durmstrang." I wouldn't tell them that Draco had almost went to Durmstrang, but his mother had thought that the school was too far away.

"Don't they actually teach the Dark Arts at that school?" Harry asked me.

"Yeah, I guess." I replied, unsure. "But I'd never choose another school over Hogwarts." I said.

The week passed by quickly, and before I knew it, Dumbledore had set up the fireplaces in the school with the Floo Network so we could get back to our families for Christmas.

"I'll miss you guys!" I said as I gave hugs to Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, and Neville. Cho was there too, but I had ignored her. Cho Chang had hurt Harry immensely this year. She wouldn't even talk to Harry. I had other reasons to hate Cho, but a lot would fall under the category of "jealousy" if I had to discuss it with my friends. I gave a curt wave to her as I went into the fire and yelled out, "The Allen Residence!". Instantly, I was whisked away to my home in Wiltshire, near Malfoy Manor and other Pure-blood residences. I looked around. I was in our biggest family room, the one with the biggest fireplace and the one with the most magical artifacts and portraits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Miss Eliza!" Squealed our surprised house elf, Tobin. "Master and Miss are out, Miss Allen." She bowed.

"Thanks, Tobin. Can you do me a favor and get me a glass of pumpkin juice?" I asked.

"Certainly, Miss." She said as she scurried off quickly. Unlike my parents, I had a decent amount of respect for the house elves, and I had even joined S.P.E.W, Hermione's organization for them. Where could my parents be? Weren't they expecting me?

Tobin returned with a full glass of deep-orange pumpkin juice. "Your drink, Miss." She bowed. She turned and was ready to do more housework, but I had stopped her.

"Tobin? Don't you want to talk to me? I haven't seen you in four months!" I exclaimed.

"Of course, Miss. Tobin didn't know that you required Tobin's presence."

"Of course I do!" I exclaimed. "What have father and mother been up to lately?" I asked.

"That is not Tobin's information to share. Master and Miss has told Tobin not to share it."

"Hmm...really?" I asked.

"Yes, Miss Eliza. It's is not Tobin's word to share."

"Fine. What have you been doing then?" I asked.

"Cleaning and cooking. Doing it is whatever Master tells Tobin to do, Miss." She explained.

"Are the Death Eaters involved? Is You-Know-Who?" I asked.

"Don't say the name, Miss. And again, Tobin wishes not to reveal what Master has told." She wouldn't budge.

"I didn't say the name..."

"Oh, but even well not saying the name frightens Tobin." She told me. Just then, I heard a bang and my parents appeared in front of me.

"Hello, dear." My mother said.

"Hello, Mum. Father." I nodded.

"Yes, Eliza."

"We know you're upset, that you're not going to the Weasley's house, but guess what? Dakota is coming home for the holidays." She told me. Oh great, just another Death Eater at my house.

"As you know, we will be having the Christmas party here, this year. I expect you to be on your best behaviour, as all of us will be there." What does us mean?

"Is You-Know-Who-" I started.

"The Dark Lord is not going to risk himself at the party, Eliza." He explained. "He has other, more important things to do than come to a silly party."

"If it's so silly then why-"

"What would you know? Young Mr. Malfoy and Dakota have received their Dark Marks. They're going to announce it on the evening." He smiled. It was such a disgrace to have Lawrence Allen as my father.

"No!" I yelled. "I mean...I was going to as well...when the time comes..." I said.

"You turn of age in February, honey. I'll make sure that you're happy, dear." My mother comforted.

I didn't want to join. I was yelling 'No!' because I was scared. Not for Dakota, he would make a wonderful Death Eater. But for Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, who I was utterly and uncontrollably in love with.