Status: Completed

Forbidden and Mistaken

Back To Hogwarts

I made up my mind. That was it. Luna was in danger...and this was not my home. Hogwarts was. And so, that's where I was going to go next...no matter what anyone said. Even Draco.

It didn't matter anyway. Voldemort was in control of the Wizarding World, placing Puis Thicknesse as the Minister of Magic, a mere puppet in the Dark Lord's hands. Umbridge was said to be placing half-bloods and Mudbloods in Askaban by "altering" the truth. And not to mention Hogwarts...I didn't even want to know what was going on there. But I guess I would find out soon enough, judging by my decisions to go back there for my 7th year.

I put everything I needed into my bottomless knapsack. There wasn't much, just some of my 7th Year books, a few potions ingredients. I picked up a photograph of Draco and I when we were little from my vanity, then set it down. I wasn't going to let him get in the way. I wasn't going to even think about him.

That was a lie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear, Draco Malfoy.

I'm leaving. Hogwarts needs me, and I need to make sure we can win our own battle from the inside. I won't come back to Malfoy Manor, or even the Allen Mansion. I trust that you will do what you know your heart tells you to, Draco. I love you, never forget that, but for now, I can't see you. Promise me one thing, Malfoy. You are not a murderer. Stay true to who you are.

Goodbye,
-Eliza.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was great pain in writing that letter, but I had to. For the sake of Luna Lovegood, down in that cold, damp cellar, I must fight. I have to help Hogwarts.
Like I knew before...Malfoy Manor was not my home.

I went to the fireplace, and grabbed for the red sack that sat on the mantle. It was floo powder, the most common way of transportation for wizards and witches. I grabbed some, and threw it into the fire. It changed from a firey red to an eerie green.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Hog's Head!" I yelled as I jumped in. The vortex surrounded me as I appeared at the grimy pub. Usually overlooked by wizards or witches headed to the Three Broomsticks, the Hog's Head was the perfect place to appear. There was hardly anyone there, just a few shady witches in the corner drinking firewhisky and a man with a white shaggy beard, running the counter.

"Good evening." He told me.

"Good evening, Sir." I nodded.

"May I intrest you in a glass of butterbeer?" He asked me.

"Um...sure. Why not?" I smiled.

The strange bartender made my drink as I sat down. It was finally time to relax, after all that's been going on.

"I recognize you." He told me.

"Hmm?" I mumbled.

"You...you look an awful lot like Lawrence Allen, do you not?"

What was I supposed to say? The Allens were known Death Eaters, and I certainly did not want to get caught up in a mess like this. Especially if he was one of the Order's allies.

"He's my father." I blurted out.

"I thought so." He mumbled.

"Eliza Allen." I stook out my hand for him to shake.

He didn't take it. "Aberforth Dumbledore."

I spurted out my butterbeer. "You're...you're Albus Dumbledore's brother!"

"Yes. And what does that mean?"

"Nothing, Sir. I just...I never knew he had a brother."

"Not many people do. What are you doing here anyways?" He snapped.

"Before I tell you any more...Where do your alliances lie?"

"With the Potter Boy. And you can disagree as much as you want, Allen...but the boy will defeat You-Know-Who."

"I'm not disagreeing. Harry is my dear friend, you see." I leaned closer so I could whisper. "I'm helping him fight in the war. I'd never turn against him...Especially after what the Dark Lord did to Draco Malfoy. It's terrible, Aberforth. Really. That's why I'm going back."

"Back where?"

"To Hogwarts." I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
~Angela