Status: Completed

Forbidden and Mistaken

Epilogue

"Scorpius! Aria!" I called to my children, who were playing recklessly throughout the garden. I laughed as my daughter ran towards me, her hair swaying in the wind. My hudsband flew with Scorpius, throwing a quaffle from and to eachother.

"Mommy, when can I go to Hogwarts?", Aria asked me. She was only a year younger than Scorpius, but had inherited all of her father's traits, while my mother always told me that she looked like me when I was a child.

"Next year, after your brother." I kissed her on the nose as I headed inside the manor. Tobin greeted me with a tall glass of butterbeer, and one for Aria.

"Mrs. Malfoy! Inside already? And Miss Aria- would you like some sweets?" The house elf greeted as my daughter went with her.

I walked back out on the porch with my butterbeer. Only eleven, yet my son was already on his way to becoming an excellent quidditch player.

"Mother! Did you see? I threw the quaffle past the hillside!" Scorpius called to me.

"Of course, Scorpius!" I replied. "It wouldn't be a surprise coming from you anyways." I laughed as my hudsband came down off his broom and kissed my neck.

"Always so beautiful." He whispered to me.

"Draco...you always had me." I turned to him. "I see you've been teaching our son a thing or two."

He smirked. "Other than quidditch, he has your entire personality. Bravery. Determination. And loyalty."

I smiled. "He is as handsome as you. I'm sure when he goes to Hogwarts in a couple of days, all of the girls will swoon over him."

"I worry about Aria. How can I stand to know that she will be okay when those Hogwarts boys will be all over her?"

"She'll have Scorpius!" I laughed as my son came down from soaring the skies. He ran into the house to get some food, as always, he was a boy.

"Do you know what house he'll be in?" He asked me.

"It doesn't matter to me. I'd be proud in whatever house he'll be in. I know both of them will excel in their studies."

"Would you want a legacy?"

"A Gryffindor? Scorpius is only too much of a Gryffindor for me." I chuckled.

Draco wrapped his hands around my waist as he whispered, "You really love them, do you?"

"If you mean I love my children...and my husband, yes. I'd never want to treat them like my parents treated me. I love them more than life itself, I love you more than anything."

"Can I say I feel the same?" He smirked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gleaming Hogwarts Express reminded me of everything my school life consisted of. It brought back the sights, the tastes, the sounds, and the feelings of Hogwarts. And to see my son go there, to choose his own path was only too happy for me. Aria pleaded as she wanted to go with her older brother.

"But mother! I'm only a year and a bit younger! Scorpius can't even do a proper disillusionment charm for the sake of Merlin!" She whined.

"Oh, Aria...You'll able to go next year. And I know that you'll do so well."

She held her father's hand as we escorted Scorpius to the train. Only as I caught a glimpse of Harry and Ginny Potter, Ron and Hermione Weasley, and their children. I headed over without my family. I hadn't seen my old friends in years!

"Eliza, It's been so long!" Hermione exclaimed as I gave her a hug. Only to notice that she was holding the hand of her daughter. "This is Rose, she's going to Hogwarts this year, oh, and Hugo, my son, is only a year younger."

"Nice to meet you." I laughed.

I gave all of my friends hugs, as I met Harry and Ginny's children. "Eliza, meet James, the second-year, and Albus, who's going this year." Harry told me.

"Oh, Harry! Shame on you for forgetting Lily!" Ginny jokingly scolded Harry.

All was interrupted by Ron. "Look who it is." He said with a frown as he looked over to Draco.

"Oh, Ron!" I laughed. "You never knew? I'm Eliza Malfoy now."

He fell silent as the rest of my friends congratulated me anyways. "Forget Ron! I'm so happy for you, Ellie!" Ginny exclaimed using my old nickname.

"Really, Ells. Congrats." Harry told me as he gave me a hug.

Even Hermione was happy for me. "You deserve it, congratulations!"

"That must be little Scorpius then." Ron pointed out.

"He looks exactly like Draco!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Well Albus looks as much as Harry!" I replied.

"Make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank God you inherited your mother's brains."

"Ron, for heaven's sake," said Hermione, half stern, half amused. "Don't try to turn them against each other before they've even started school!"

"You're right, sorry," said Ron, but unable to help himself, he added, "Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Granddad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pureblood."

"Hey!" She exclaimed.

James had reappeared; he had divested himself of his trunk, owl, and trolley, and was evidently bursting with news.

"Teddy's back there," he said breathlessly, pointing back over his shoulder into the billowing clouds of steam. "Just seen him! And guess what he's doing? Snogging Victoira!"

He gazed up at the adults, evidently disappointed by the lack of reaction.

"Our Teddy! Teddy Lupin! Snogging our Victoire! Our cousin! And I asked Teddy what he was doing –"

"You interrupted them?" said Ginny. "You are so like Ron –"

"– and he said he'd come to see her off! And then he told me to go away. He's snogging her!" James added as though worried he had not made himself clear.

"Oh, it would be lovely if they got married!" whispered Lily ecstatically. "Teddy would really be part of the family then!"

"He already comes round for dinner about four times a week," said Harry "Why don't we just invite him to live with is and have done with it?"

"Yeah!" said James enthusiastically. "I don't mind sharing with Al – Teddy could have my room!"

"No," said Harry firmly, "you and Al will share a room only when I want the house demolished."

He checked the battered old watch that had once been Fabian Prewett's. "It's nearly eleven, you'd better get on board."

"Don't forget to give Neville our love!" Ginny told James as she hugged him.

"Mum! I can't give a professor love!"

"But you know Neville –"

James rolled his eyes. "Outside, yeah, but at school he's Professor Longbottom, isn't he? I can't walk into Herbology and give him love..." Shaking his head at his mother's foolishness, he vented his feelings by aiming a kick at Albus.

"See you later, Al. Watch out for the thestrals."

"I thought they were invisible? You said they were invisible!" Albus exclaimed.

"Well I better be off. As you can see, my daughter wants to go to Hogwarts as much as Hugo and Lily do."

"Aria's very pretty. I'm sure they'll all get along great when school comes around!" Ginny laughed.

"Actually I wouldn't be surprised if it were the other way around. Aria takes after her father." I winked as I turned around and headed to see my son off. He was acting brave, but I could tell inside, he was nervous.

"Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy. Don't worry. Be brave, and remember, we're proud of you no matter what house you're in. Don't be afraid to forget about the past. Explore. Break the rules like your mother did. And last thing...Have fun." I said as I kissed the top of his head.

"Break the rules?" Scorpius asked before getting on the train.

"Rules were meant to be broken." I smirked.

"Bye, mum! Bye dad, Aria!" He yelled as the Hogwarts Express began to leave the station.

"Stop worrying, Draco." I told my husband. He may seem calm and stern, but I could tell that he worried for his son more than Harry Potter did. "Scorpius will be fine. It's Aria I'm worried about. Next year...oh boy, here comes trouble."

Draco pulled me into a soft kiss. "Remember what you told me, or if I told you, in our sixth year?"

"What?" I asked with curiosity.

"Opposites attract."
♠ ♠ ♠
Nineteen years later, Madeleine and Draco Malfoy are blessed with not one, but two children, who resemble their parents in many more ways than one.
~Angela