Status: Completed

Forbidden and Mistaken

Dueling Malfoy and Aftermath

I was going to show Malfoy that he can't just push anyone around. Especially me. I hated the way he acted, the way people were scared of him, the way he left our friendship in the dust. And how he expected me to just forgive him when he came back for the summer! And the way he calls Hermione a 'mudblood'! And the rest 'filthy half bloods' and 'blood traitors'!

"Eliza! Come on! Just tell him-"

"What, Ron? That I'm going to back out. Not a chance."

"But in our first year, he told Filch that we were up there, and he set us up!"

"Then I guess I'll just be careful. I'm meeting him in the South Tower, where I'll duel him for what he did to Harry."

"Ron's right, Ellie." Harry said.

"Look, it's not even about you, Harry. It's him!"

"He's probably going to Cruciate you! And then-" Hermione started.

"And then what? I'll block it and stupefy him. Simple. I just want to show him a lesson!"

"Well, just to be safe...Take my invisibility cloak." Harry said.

"I'll be fine." I insisted.

"Please, just take it. I don't want you hurt or in trouble."

"Fine."

It was nearing eleven o' clock, and even though I didn't tell him where we were to duel, he knew. It was the same place we laughed in our first year, fought in our second, and where I slapped him in the face in our third. It was a place of many memories, but most of them weren't very nice. I draped the cloak over me, totally invisible to Filch and Mrs. Norris. How I hated that cat! Then I used lumos to light up the hallways. I looked around. Nobody was there, no sounds were there, except for the faint snoring of the various paintings and portraits. I quietly climbed the stairs. I heard something, and looked around. When I spun around, I'd accidentally hit a painting which fell down. Oops. Luckily the person in it was out at the moment, so I quickly put it back and went up to the tower. I saw the dim light of Malfoy's lumos, so I put mine out with nox.

"Who's there?" He whispered hoarsely.

I lightly tapped him on the shoulder. "Lighten up, will you, Malfoy?"

"It's you." He smirked.

"I wanted a duel, not a fight with silly words."

"I don't want to do this,Allen."

"But you accepted, didn't you?"

"Because I didn't want you to call me a coward in front of the Gryffindors!"

"Well, you obviously are, considering the fact that you don't want to fight me."

"Look, I know you think I'm a git and that I hate you, which I do. But-"

"What? Spit it out!"

"I hate Potter, especially Potter. And Granger and Weasley too."

"And me! Expelliarmus!" I said as I disarmed him.

"Look, Allen. I didn't want to do this but you've disarmed me."

"Fine. Grab your lousy excuse for a wand." I retorted. "Levicorpus!" I said as he lifted into the air.

"Please, Allen, I don't want to fight a girl."

"But you'd fight Hermione." I said as liberacorpus was said in my head and he fell to the ground.

"Petrificus Totalus." He said as I froze. That slimy, disgusting git! At least he didn't let me beat him to a pulp in the bloody-

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, Allen. You should really watch your back, you know. Now...if I let you go will you stop trying to fight me and keep you nose out of my blood business?" He asked as I tried to nod.

"Hmm, I guess you're trying to say yes. Fine, I'll let you go, but just this once, and do-"

"What is the meaning of this, boy?" Filch called out. "I thought I 'eard a noise. Let 'er go, Malfoy. Both of ye- detention!" He yelled as Malfoy muttered finite under his breath. Never was I so happy to see Filch...

"Look what you've done!" I yelled as we went down to Filch's office. "We could have used the invisibility cloak if you hadn't have put the body binding spell on me!"

"What I've done! You lifted me into the air with your stupid temper!"

"Shut up, Malfoy. If you hadn't have hit Harry, none of this would have happened!"

"He deserved that for what he did to my father!"

"He didn't do anything! He did the right thing, if anything!"

"Why you little-" Malfoy started.

"Silence." Filch said as we both shut our mouths. "Yer heads of house will know about this for sure." He said with a smile. I hated that man! And Mrs. Norris even more! What I'd do to kick that cat down the North Tower... As soon as we stepped in Filch's office, he grinned.

"You lot will be sortin' me mead. One bottle unlabeled, and you'll be spendin' detention here for a month! Did I mention no magic?" He said as I groaned.

"But it was all his fault!" I blamed. "You even saw his body binding curse on me!"

"True, Miss Allen, but I know you better that you start the problems in this school."

"Mr. Filch-"

"Silence!" He said.

Malfoy chuckled as I got started. He did the left side of the cabinet, I did the right.

"Look what you've gotten me into, you brat!"

"Me? Your little asshole almost killed Harry!"

"Harry deserved that! And I broke his nose, big deal."

"Shut up! You were going to leave him there so he would be back to London!"

"Don't tell me to shut up, you...you bitch!"

"How dare you? How dare you call me a...a bitch! I hate you, Malfoy! I hate you with all my bloody heart!"

"Miss Allen, you are certainly a conceited, bratty little girl who-" Draco was interrupted

"Shut up! Both of you, get back to work!" Filch demanded as we sorted and labeled his mead. What a drinker!
♠ ♠ ♠
~Angela