Status: Completed

Forbidden and Mistaken

Potions

The next day, I was exhausted, and (as I expected) Hermione was lecturing me on how she was right and I was wrong. Blah, blah, blah. I loved the girl, honestly, but sometimes I don't get how she can go on and on when she gets something right.

"Wow! You really got caught by Filch?" Ron asked.

"Yes. Unfortunately." I said as I handed Harry back his Cloak.

"I told you! I told you! I told you!" Hermione mused.

"Yes, Hermione, I know. But it was so worth it! I'm sorry that I got thirty points taken off of Gryffindor, but Draco got sixty taken off because he was caught doing the Petrificus Totalus spell on me. So in a way, I helped Gryffindor, and hurt Slytherin a bit."

"Ellie...I know you're a bit outspoken, but we really need to win the House Cup this year, don't we?"

"Come on Harry, there's absolutely NO chance that Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are going to win. All it comes down to are the rivals: Gryffindor and Slytherin. And hell yes, we are going to kick their asses."

"You can't just count out the other houses, Ellie." Hermione said.

"Of course I can. With a Seeker like Harry, and people who are as smart as us, we'll win it for sure."

"Nice enthusiasm, Ellie, but it's September!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Okay, okay, you're right. But we are going to win, aren't we?" They all sighed. What a life. As we headed down to the Gryffindor table for breakfast, Snape and McGonagall were standing, side by side waiting for Draco and I...-"

"Miss Allen, this is unacceptable!" McGonagall lectured.

"Not as bad as what Draco did, Professor."

"He merely used the body binding spell to prevent brats like yourself from dueling each other."

"Professor Snape!" McGonagall said. Boy did I ever like her sometimes. "You can't accuse my student of anything! She wasn't caught doing magic."

"Professor McGonagall, Miss Allen was out of her common room after hours. Of course her sneaky little mind was up to something." He sneered. Finally, Malfoy came down to the Great Hall as McGonagall beckoned for him to join us.

"Mr. Malfoy. Do you have something to say to your classmate?" She asked for me.

"She started it!"

"I'm sure, Professor McGonagall, that my student, Draco here, didn't do her much harm." Snape stood up for him.

"Fine. But you still get sixty points off Slytherin, and Allen will receive thirty points off Gryffindor for being out after hours." She said without another word. Then we all parted, and sat down for the lovely breakfast that was always at Hogwarts.

"How was that?" Harry asked me.

"Snape was as terrible as usual, and McGonagall stood up for me as usual. Ahh, back to September all over again."

"You shouldn't get in trouble all the time, Ellie. It's not good for Gruffing." Hermione mused.

"But it makes me feel alive, Hermione. Of course I enjoy getting into trouble and hanging out with Malfoy and Filch!" I said sarcastically.

"When's quidditch?" I asked. Harry and I were both on the Quidditch team. Him a Seeker, and me a Chaser.

"Next week I think." He said.

"All you guys talk about is stupid Quidditch!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Oh, come on, 'Mione. You know we all love Quidditch!"

"Yeah, yeah. I've heard it for five years."

"So hows Charlie?" I asked Ron.

"Oh god..." Harry and Hermione sighed. I guess they found out that I had a crush on Charlie Weasley a couple of years ago, because whenever I mention 'Charlie' they groan.

"He dealing with dragons in Romania, as always."

"Nice, and Bill?"

"With Fleur somewhere. Possibly."

"Can we please pick another subject?" Hermione said.

"Sure, how about some quidditch?" I said which annoyed her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Potions wasn't really that bad, Harry found this mysterious book that gave out all the answers, so now I'm going to partner up with him instead of 'Mione. It's nice to finally have someone who teaches Potions who isn't as bad as Snape. Well, I shouldn't speak too soon, considering the fact that I have Snape for Defence Against the Dark Arts. Harry won a bottle of Liquid Luck because he finished the Draught of Living Death first. Hermione finished next, and I third. Potions were always one of my favorite subjects, besides the fact that Snape taught it.

"Harry! You cheated!" Hermione yelled.

"No, I didn't. It was in the book."

"Book, Shmook, Hermione. Harry did it all on his own. I bet he gets the talent from his mother." I said as Hermione sneered. I took the book from Harry.

"The Property of the Half Blood Prince. Hmm...who may that be?"

"I dunno. A mystery I guess. But whoever it was, he was sure smart."

"I bet. Maybe you should look up the history of previous Potions masters. I doubt it's Snape, he's not nearly as smart as Hermione." I said.

"Good idea." She said.

"Sooo...what'cha going to use the Felix for?" I asked Harry.

"I'm not quite sure yet. Professor Slughorn said that we're not allowed to use it during Quidditch games, or anything like that."

"Save it for when you kill Voldy." I said.

"Sure." He chuckled as we left the Potions room. Charms were next. Actually Charms was another of my favorite subjects. It taught you many useful spells that you can use on certain...Malfoys. Professor Flitwick may be small, but he really did know his stuff.

"Today we will be learning the Protean charm. A small but powerful charm to link objects together, in an order of communication." Hermione, Ron, Harry and I had already used this charm last year, when that Dolores Umbridge was in control and we formed Dumbledore's Army. So we (of course) had no problemo with this one.

"Isn't this supposed to be Advanced Charms?" I asked Hermione.

"Yes, but since we used this last year, it seems like you know it, smart one."

"Hey! 'Mione, what else is this charm used for?" I asked.

"Well, I have the suspicion that the Death Eaters use it on their Dark Mark tattoos. Otherwise how would He summon them?"

"Oh. Yeah, uh...I guess."

I didn't want to further on that conversation, because both my parents are branded. Ugh. Dakota wants to earn it by next year. I really don't want to betray Harry and go with Voldemort. But Draco's already pushed into this and I don't want to be next. I'm only sixteen anyway!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, rate subscribe.
~Angela