Status: Tell me what you think please :)

Fighting for You

Nervousness

I was half asleep by the time I heard my boss begin to argue with my master. Sean of course was arguing right back, seeming quite forceful himself. Through my grogginess I was beginning to shiver, not understanding why it was so cold in this cell room. It was so warm up in the club, I miss it already.

“She needs rest.” My boss hummed, the sound of his weight leaning against the cage door. I flinched at the sound. “We talked about her after the fight, her contract does end soon. Tomorrow night to be exact, she’s worked off hard enough to be granted her last few fights. Her challenge will be tomorrow, she’d better be prepared. It will be hard, and you are not allowed to coach her though this one. She has to go through it alone.”

I knew then and there what they were planning to do with me. Place me in the same ring as that girl yet again, no Sean to help me, and the rules will apply. The rules that we had during the first match, the ones that I cannot win with. They were doing this just to get a beating with me. The rules would be as follow,

No brass knuckles, rings, shin/elbow pads, and no help from masters.
If your opponent shall pass out the fight is over.
Forfeiting will result in an immediate adding on contract.
Wrapping the knuckles in gaze to protect the skin is forbidden.

I remember those rules intently because they were what led to my demise. If Sean had been telling me what to do and I was allowed to wrap my hands I am sure I could’ve had a chance. I remember him getting yelled at for talking to me in the end, telling me to stay down. But he probably saved my life by telling me to stay still. If it wasn’t for him I would’ve struggled around in the wire and probably cut myself worse.

“She’s never fought without me.” Sean growled. I’ve never heard him sound more demanding. I was a little worried about him to tell the truth. This was putting way to much stress on him. “I refuse to agree with this.”

“You have no choice in the matter. Neither do I. I like her and I tried to get them to give her a challenge that she could stand a chance in, but that’s the point of challenges, they need to scare you two. I think that she can take it.” He informed, leaning onto the cage more. “The thing is that girl won’t be the one she fought the first time. But she is pretty strong and defiantly bigger then Alexa.” At least he was being honest with us. This is going to be a hard fight, but at least it is my last one, at least for now. As long as we can stay stable with the money I don’t have to come back and get my ass kicked.

“Fine, but I’m taking her out tonight. She needs to take a breather and have some time with me. We haven’t been out in a while and I’m afraid she’s loosing her head.” Sean insisted, unlocking the cage door. That was another thing that bugged me about this place, even if he was standing outside the door it had to be closed and locked. If there was no one in the cage with me, the door was locked and sealed. I wasn’t trusted here. “I will bring her back in the morning.”

“Make sure she gets rest, Sean. I am warning you now, she needs to rest the wounds she took on today. If she doesn’t get enough sleep she will not stand a chance. Get her back here early in the morning so you can get some prepping time in.” He warned, walking into the room with Sean.

I opened my eyes and watched Sean approach me. He was being Sean, the short stocky man that saved my life that day. The first one who said he wanted to keep me alive. If he hadn’t said that, the other one might have said to get rid of me. I would’ve been killed and our bond broken, Sean would be alone.

“Her ribs look ever bruised. I suggest you care for those.” He demanded as Sean unburied me from my mound of blankets. I kind of whined at him and tried to burrow myself back into the warmth. He chuckled a little bit then rested me into his warm arms, ready to just carry me out. “Remember to get her back here.”

“Ya ya.”

~2 hours later~

By the time we finally got a hotel room I was ready to sleep. He has no idea how much it takes out of me to fight like that, but I can’t be mean and tell him to let me sleep. I just want him to be happy for now, tomorrow will be hard for him as well.

When he left to get us a snack from the bar, I ended up curling into the pillows on the bed. Allowing my eyes to close and my sore body to snuggle into the warmth of the covers. It was nice to finally sit down and rest my muscles. Sure, I was happy that he took he out to diner and we took a nice walk. But, God I’m beat.

I’m really not ready for the fight tomorrow, I know that the pain will be real again. I don’t know if I can do it without Sean in my head. Can I win? Can I survive? It hurt so bad last time, I’ve been afraid to loose ever since. Though, if I get hurt, I hope I can at least walk after this one.

“Alexa? Darling?” Sean’s voice was concerned when he walked back into the room with the small white box of food. He set it on the nightstand and then walked over to me. Watching my eyes focus on him tiredly. “Are you okay?”

“Ya.” I hummed quietly. “Just tired.” But I could see the hesitation in his eyes. He sensed that something was wrong with me. Like he knew that I had a headache from those blows, and that my ribs hurt. I was actually afraid that they were broken at one point today when I wasn’t around him. I had been in the bathroom and found it hard to breath at one point. That just scared me I guess.

He sat next to me and began gently rubbing my rib cage. Watching me sigh in pain and clutch the blankets. When he did that I felt like my rib had something wrong, like a sour feeling shooting though me. I didn’t like the feeling.

“It’s not broken.” He informed, laying down next to me and rubbing a little harder. “Its just tender. It’ll be hard to fight with tomorrow though.” Him admitting that to me was like the world was coming to an end, he was the one I needed to tell me that I could do it. That we shouldn’t worry about anything, that I can get though it.

“You’re the one suppose to be telling me that it will be a snap, Sean.” I hummed. Pressing my head further into the pillow. If I could just get some confidence build up I might be able to at least give it a good shot.

“If it were a snap it wouldn’t be a challenge, Alexa. Because, if you win they will try to extend the contract because you will bring money into the club. I want you to do exactly what I tell you with this one because I won’t be there to help you. You will put up a fight in the beginning, but you are going to have to loose. I know you are scared about loosing still, darling. But if you don’t loose this one, they will keep you there forever. I can’t loose you because you are a great fighter.” He sounding concerned, almost more then I was. But I know for sure that I am more nervous then he is, I thought for sure I had more time to prepare.

“I don’t think you have any idea how much I am going to put on the line to go into that ring tomorrow. I am not ready to fight without you. How in the hell am I supposed to do this?” I whimpered. Watching him wince a little bit with the sight of my fear. I just couldn’t help it though, this was one of the worst things that are happening to me at the moment.

“I think that you are over reacting, you know that I won’t let you get hurt. If it starts taking turns like last time I will not let it go on. Don’t worry.” He purred.