Status: Finished.

Even Though She Doesn't Believe In Love

Twelve.

“Are we thinking the same thing?” He asked, a hint of sadness in his tone.

“I think we are. Don’t get me wrong Zack, I love you, but this isn’t what’s supposed to
happen for us apparently. I still want to be friends, and I don’t want this to change things
between us.”

“I know,” he gave a half smile and wrapped me into a hug. “Still friends, right?”

“Still friends,” I confirmed.

That was the last tour I went on with the boys. I had gone back to California with Zack, packed up my stuff and moved out to Maryland, living in the house I grew up in. I kept in close contact with boys, spending time with them when they were off tour.

Zack had gotten a new girlfriend, who’s name was Katie, and I was still single. It wasn’t because I was still heartbroken over Zack, or because we had broken up after so long, it was just that I didn’t want another commitment.

Life carried on, and I had no objections. I was twenty-three with a good job, a nice house, and all the friends I could ask for, even if they were gone about ten months of the year.

Lisa still came over and spent the night when the boys were gone and she didn’t want to stay alone. We had a lot of girl nights where we’d sit up and talk, eating pizza and ice cream.

I was out shopping one day when I dropped money out of my pocket. A guy around my age picked it up and handed it to me. “I think you lost this,” he handed me it. I looked into his green eyes as he flipped his shaggy brown hair. “I’m Tristan.”

“Devon, thanks.”

“No problem, so is there any chance we could meet sometime?”

“I’d like that,” I smiled. We exchanged phone numbers as he walked me to my car.

“I’ll text you sometime then,” he smiled and left.

Maybe seeing someone new wasn’t so bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
The ending's so lame. xP Oh well.