Status: Contest Cancelled, so this will be ending very shortly. Currently on Break, but I will be back soon :)

Fly Away

Chapter 1

My stomach hurt so bad. My head ached and I felt so nauseous. I've been trying for what seemed like decades to call Tyler. Leslie thinks he's no good for me, but what does she know? We've been best friends since the third grade, but now as juniors in high school, things just aren't working out since I got a boyfriend.

This is so stupid. I'm sitting on a toilet, thinking about my friends. What am I expecting to happen?

I dialed Tyler's number yet again and get the same response I've been getting all day: his answering machine. Usually his perky voice cheers me up, but not now. His genuine smile and caring appearance is comforting, and I wish he would just talk to me.

Suddenly, my phone rings Black and Yellow, Leslie's custom tone. I quickly pick it up.

"Hey Kimberly, what are you doing?" her innocent voice flowing through my ear. In the background I can hear Nevershoutnever playing, and I automatically knew where she was.

"I'm doing some crazy stuff," I replied honestly, shocking myself for once. "What are you doing at Drake's house?"

"Oh I'm working on a poster for the dance in a week or whenever it is. Ms. Sitoski wants all of the decorations in by Monday, so he said he'd help me," she replied.

"Sounds like fun. Look, can I tell you something? Like something secret?" my voice asked, echoing through my brain.

"Of course," she answered. She pulled the phone away from her mouth and I could make out the words "Can you please go get me some more tape from the kitchen?" Once the sound of her breathing returned to my ear, I took a deep breath.

What am I doing?

"Leslie, I know you don't like Tyler, but-"

"If this is another one of your girlie love stories, I'm not interested," she interrupted.

"No, I promise you it's not. Last Friday night we-"

"Look, I really don't have time for this crap," her words burned straight through my flesh. As she rejected my plea, my eyes darted down to the demonic plastic stick, tightly gripped in my hand. My jaw dropped as did my heart, and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Kimberly? Are you still there? I need to get this done and details about your love life aren't my main priority at the moment."

My stomach turned and my eyes teared up.

This can't be happening.

My once confident voice was lost to a whisper, and I felt like I was going to vomit.

I hesitated a moment to catch my breath and choke my tears.

"I'm pregnant."
♠ ♠ ♠
One down. Fifty-one to go!
Hope you like it, and please comment! :^)