Status: Contest Cancelled, so this will be ending very shortly. Currently on Break, but I will be back soon :)

Fly Away

Chapter 11

Okay, so this entire guilt thing with Leslie, needs to stop! Like even after hitting a home run with Charles, and oh does that boy know how to play, I still can't help but feel like it was wrong.

Actually, who the hell am I kidding? I don't feel like that was wrong, because I know it was wrong!

Leslie still doesn't know I even met the kid, and I know if she finds out, it'll be the end of our friendship. If there even is one....
For an entire week, I skipped with Charles nearly all day, everyday, and it was great. The part that sucked was when we agreed to return to school first thing next week, which is today.

I saw her by her locker, the opposite hall from mine. I don't even know why my legs carried themselves towards her, knowing she would be there. I felt like abandoning ship and quickly running away, hoping that she wouldn't notice me.

No such luck! Her eyes met mine right as I was about to leave, and I knew the chances of escaping were slim.

She shut her locker, and strutted over to me, without any books.

She got close to me, a little too close, but I knew that was her anticipation.

"Hello Kimberly," she greeted me, a forgiving vibe immediately crossing the air.

"Hello Leslie."

"I hear you've been hanging out with a certain person," she announced cringing at the pure thought of who ever it was her mind was thinking about.

"Oh yeah, people like who?"

"Charles," she said, her glossed up lips forming into a tiny grin.

"What about him?" I snapped, prepared to fight.

"Look, just to save us both the trouble, how bout this," she bargained. "We completely forget about our cat fights and just get over ourselves."
"Get over ourselves? Leslie, do you know what hell you've out me through?" I said, disgusted that she would even blame this on me.

"Oh, believe me, I know. And that's exactly why we need to fix this. Face it, you need me," she pointed out. Her arms were held out, and she gave me a much needed hug.

Although we've had our share of rough patches, I can't say she wasn't a good friend. She defended me for years and I guess the moral of the story is don't date your friends because that is the magic trigger that caused all this.

I returned her hug, and it was my way of forgiving her.

I could feel the tension between us begin to fade away, and I hope my decision was right. How could it be wrong? Friends fight, but they always get better, right?

I hope this is one of those cases.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaaay! Finally friends again!
For everyone who reads this, give yourself a pat on the back! =]