Status: Contest Cancelled, so this will be ending very shortly. Currently on Break, but I will be back soon :)

Fly Away

Chapter 14

New Years Day I spent with my mom, but around 10, Charles and I went to Times Square in New York City, just the two of us.

We bought some drinks, but we didn't want to risk buying beer, considering a whole police station surrounded the bar.

We got a spot really far away from the ball and performances, because we arrived so late.

"I told you we should have come at Noon!" I scolded Charles.

"Oh shut up! Just be happy you're here," he yelled jokingly. "I'm happy I'm standing next to the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and I can call her mine."

"I don't deserve you," I admitted, lost in the moment.

He just smiled and then I noticed myself shivering. He embraced me and hugged me so tight, making me feel so warm.

"Ten minutes!" Charles announced, checking his phone.

"Already?" I asked, not believing the New Year was so close!

We watched one last performance by Lady Gaga, and everyone clapped wildly. Although I couldn't see her, she sounded great.

Then, we watched Dick Clark on the large big screen TV in Times Square counting down from twenty.

We joined in and my heart was pounding. This year was going to be different. No drama. No Tyler. Just me and Charles, together.

"7...6...5...4...3...2.." we chanted in unison.

"ONE!!!!!!" the crowd screamed. My ears were so blown out and I felt like I was deaf, but I didn't care.

I wrapped my arms around Charles's neck and gave him one long New Year's kiss. He returned it and we both smiled at the thought of starting a fresh new year. Our 2012 glasses bumped each others noses as we pulled away and we both laughed.
Charles drove me home and gave me one last kiss outside my car door.

" 'Night Kimber, Happy New Year," he wished me sweetly.

"Happy New Year."

He left and I popped my key in the door.

I saw Mom sitting on the couch, watching the clean up in Times Square. She looked back at me when she heard the door.

"Hey honey, Happy New Years!" she greeted, full of pep and cheer.

"Thanks, you too," I returned.

"You know you were on TV?" she asked a grin on her face.

"I was?" I asked, shocked. I didn't see any cameras.

"Yeah, on the Kiss Cam," she teased, emphasis on the "Kiss."

I laughed, happy that we had made it on TV. Our kiss was worthy! "I'm going to bed."

I walked upstairs and got changed into my PJ's. I checked my phone as I hopped into bed, seeing a new message from Leslie.

Happy New Year!

I texted her back the same, and I felt like I'd already said it a million times.

Thanks for the flowers! They're so pretty! =]

Flowers? I didn't send her any flowers...

What are you talking about? I asked.

The carnations? It was on my front steps and it said Happy New Year my love.

Wasn't me, but it looks like you've gotta secret admirer! <3

Oh boy, not another one! Lol

Hahha, well, I'm going 2 sleep. Nitey Nite.

Nite <3
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I only mentioned flowers once, but I think it's cute! :3
What do you think?