Status: Contest Cancelled, so this will be ending very shortly. Currently on Break, but I will be back soon :)

Fly Away

Chapter 16

By the time we reached the hospital, my stomach had such intense pains I honestly thought I was dying.

Leslie rode in the ambulance with me, holding my hand. She had only minor injuries and although her face was blood red from Matt's hit, she pretended it didn't bother her.

I kept twisting and turning on the stretcher, but she never let go. Every little bump or pothole we drove over was another sharp pain in my stomach. All I wanted was to be at the hospital, where I was in the same spot.

After what seemed like hours of jostling in the ambulance, finally the doors opened and I was rolled into the emergency room.

No paperwork, no questions, just straight into an operating room. Doctors were rushing in and out, each time with a new utensil. Everyone kept shouting codes and numbers, and I was actually relieved when a clear oxygen mask was gently placed on my nose and mouth, and I went to sleep.
When I awoke, my stomach had the most intense pain its ever had in my entire life. It felt like ten Matts were kicking my stomach and literally stabbing me at the same time with a butcher knife.

I lifted my head to see the damage, and my orange shirt and sweatpants were replaced with a light green polka-dotted hospital gown. I realized I was on a stiff bed and when I put the pieces together; the gown, the bed, the TV hanging in the corner, the curtains, the comfy chair; I knew I was in the hospital. As a patient.

In walked Leslie, her eyes red and puffy, as if she had been crying. When she saw that I was awake, she quickly came over and gave me a hug. It was a gentle, yet meaningful hug and for a moment I forgot about my pain.

Then, came Leslie's mom and dad. I knew they probably came rushing home from their night out just to see if I was okay, and I felt awful for ruining their plans.

Mrs. Asherdale tried her best to smile, but I knew she was trying to keep from crying. Mr. Asherdale stood their, with such a concerned look, and then came the doctor.

I tried to say "thank you" to Leslie, but for some reason, no sound would come out of my mouth.

Leslie's parents sat down on the empty bed beside me, but Leslie crouched down on the ground next to my hospital bed, holding my hand again. It was so comforting, and I knew I needed it.

The doctor, whose name tag said DR. J. FREELY, walked over to my bed with her dark hands in the pockets of her white lab coat.

Her expression said everything before she could get the words out, and I hoped to God it wasn't true and I was just overreacting. But I wasn't.

"Ms. Sickle, we did everything we could, but we couldn't do anything more to save her. I'm sorry but you've lost your baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its been for-EVER since I wrote anything for this, but I couldn't''t forget about it any longer. It had to be done....:'(