Status: Contest Cancelled, so this will be ending very shortly. Currently on Break, but I will be back soon :)

Fly Away

Chapter 2

Two days later, after not speaking to Leslie, she finally texted me.

"Hey can we talk?" it seemed to blare off the screen of my Blackberry.

"Sure. Let's meet at Cedar," I replied, reffering to the park by our high school.
I walked four blocks in my green converse. When I finally reached Cedar, I found Leslie by our spot: the swings.

I plopped down on the rusty swing, prepared to jump out of its chains.

"I'm sorry," she blurted out after a moment of silence.

"I know," I answered coldly. I kept looking down at my sneakers, wondering why I was doing this.

Stop being a jerk!

"I-I didn't know you were gonna say something like that. I mean, pregnant?" she announced, tears forming around her beautiful brown eyes.

"Yeah, well I did. And I can't take it back," my voice seemed so unusual.

"Kimber, you're my best friend. I should be here for you, especially now. I mean, you have a baby for God's sake!" her tone growing even more guilty.

"I get that. But, Tyler won't talk to me I'm fighting with you, and the dance is on Friday," my words sounded so lost.

"Listen to me," she commanded. I imeediatley picked my head up and stared at her face.

When did she start crying?

"You are going to that dance wether you like it or not. Homecoming is supposed to be the best night of your life! You should be out, in your jaw dropping dress, not sitting at home alone watching old reruns of Nickelodeon shows."

She was right. Why should I let Tyler ruin my night for me? Hadn't he done enough.

"Okay, I'll go. But I'm gonna need some help from my best friend," I noted, moving the swing closer to her, a tear streaming down my cheek.
My shimmering red bow, three inch heels and poofy black dress made me look like a college girl. I was sitting in the backseat of my mom's dark blue van that always smelled like new car, despite the fact that we've had it for at least five years.

Although I had just gotten my driver's license six months ago, my over protective mother still insisited on driving me. She still doesn't know I'm pregnant, but it's gonna have to come out some time, right?

She pulled up to the crowded parking lot and kissed me on the forehead before unlocking the child-proof doors.

As I turned to open the door, she suddenly looked at me, her eyes tearing up.

Now what did I do?

"Oh, Kimberly, you look so beautiful! Don't let any boy near you, you're just too perfect," she said in her mother-like way.

"Thanks Mom," I answered, feeling so ashamed. I attempted to smile at her before saying goodbye and opening the door, finally escaping my mother's unknown guilt.

I hurried to the front doors and walked to a roomful of teenagers, food, and loud music. I spotted Leslie and rushed over to her and gave her a much needed hug.

"You look so..." she hesitated, looking for just the right word, "amazing."

"Thanks, so do you," I complimented, referring to her cute dark purple dress that cut off on the knees.

My stomach growled as a result of eating no supper above the music, and we both laughed. As I turned around to go find some snacks, the music suddenly fell silent.

There was Tyler, in a sharp black tux and happy face, his lips on another girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Little lenghty I know, but once the juices flow, there's no stopping 'em!
Comment?
Subscribe?
Surprise me!
:)