Status: Contest Cancelled, so this will be ending very shortly. Currently on Break, but I will be back soon :)

Fly Away

Chapter 7

I can't believe Tyler had the nerve to call me, and tell me he wanted to talk to me. He doesn't get it! I put the asshole in jail! How could I make it anymore clear?

Anyway, I was pissed, but I figured why not visit him, just for the hell of it?

Of course, I wasn't going alone, so I brought my little Drake to the slammer. He said he wouldn't mind helping me out, and I was so grateful. Tyler wouldn't dare try anything on me with him around.

We arrived at Shelbyville Prison about thirty minutes later. It was a secluded old place, and immediately, i noticed who ever designed it must have really loved the color gray; considering the entire building, brick to gate, was covered in it.

"Look's like we're here!" Drake replied happily. Is it just me, or is he a little too happy to see my rapist?!

"Yeah," I replied, taking a deep breath, "I wonder if he knows I'm coming."

"I don't know. Are you sure you want to do this, Kimber?" he asked, the true Drake exposing itself.

"No," I heaved, stepping out of the car.
My baby heels clattered off the linoleum floor of my ex's temporary home, and I felt like a teacher back at high school. Drake walked beside me, his body so close to mine, the guards must have figured we were dating.

Poor Drake! He isn't ready for all these animals.

We were directed to a visitors lounge, and we told the chunky man sitting behind the glass that we were here to see Tyler Mackintosh and after a short wait, we were told to sit and he would be out in a minute.

Drake quickly found an open table and scurried to a chair. I followed, and I suddenly realized what the heck I was doing.

IDIOT! VISITING YOUR RAPIST?! YOU'RE SO FREAKIN SMART!

Just as I attempted to settle into the stony, metal chairs, I heard a loud click followed by a tiny buzzer. I looked up at the door and saw Tyler, in a jumpsuit the color-you guessed it-gray. He looked so helpless, so forgiving, so....mistreated. Although I may have called the police, no matter how much I've tried, I just can't erase my feelings for him. I lov-

"Hey baby," he said, the first words popping out of his mouth. I felt like such a traitor for abandoning him, and for sending him away to this place. This isn't my Tyler. He sat down in the chair across from me and smiled at me. He didn't notice Drake, but when I looked over, he was staring at the criminal.

"Hello, Tyler," I responded, trying my best to be strong, but still show him I cared.

"Why did you come?" he asked, his deep, gorgeous, alluring eyes locked on mine.

"Because I wanted to see you," I replied, my plan slowly fading from my mind.

Drake shoved me with his bony shoulder, and I was somewhat knocked out of my trance.

Oh shut up, Drake!

Drake cleared his throat and fixed his hair, "Ehh-emm. Tyler, I would just like to say Kimberly doesn't want anything to do with you. She's over you. She's moved on."

My thoughts ceased, and I couldn't believe he was saying this! But, then I remembered this was the plan, and he did kinda warn me about it. I stuck to it, thinking of my mother, thinking of how shameful she'd be if I fell back into this joke yet again.

"Tyler, it's not that I don't want anything to do with you, I just think it's best if we officially end this relationship. You hurt me. You hurt me and you were never truly sorry," I announced, my own words choosing themselves. I didn't want to say any of it, but I knew i had to.

Tyler's eyes got a new look to them, and it was the first time I ever noticed it. His eyes transformed from the fun-loving, teenager to the understanding, caring boyfriend that I've always pictured him to be,yet sometimes impressions are wrong. But, there was something in me, telling me this time was different. This time, I think he was actually...sorry.

My mind turned from it's "Sticking to the Plan" switch, to it's "Maybe this Criminal is Sorry" switch in an instant. To this day, I still can't tell whether or not my decision was the right one.

My body seemed to bundle up, and I knew I couldn't play this role anymore, I couldn't pretend to hate the one man I've ever truly loved.

As his eyes struck into my heart, I felt like everything I was doing was wrong. How could I be so evil, so unfaithful, such a traitor.

"Tyler!" I pleaded, throwing my hands onto his, squeezing his warm, hands of perfection. "I want you to tell me the truth. Are you sorry for what you did?"

He didn't speak, and I could feel Drake's bloodshot eyes on me.

"Kimber, baby. I'm sorry. I've never said that before and meant it, but I am now, and I hope you believe me. You've always trusted me, and I've always let you down. I know it's only been two days away from you, but I learned something." he said, his words sounding so pure, so true coming from his soft spoken lips.

"Yeah, what is that?" I asked, my heart pounding, my body tingling.

"I learned that we are meant to be. I learned that you're my girl. Kimber, I love you."

My expression completely changed and I knew in my heart that he was right. I knew we were made for each other. But, the thing that shocked me the most is the fact that he said he loves me. That's the first time he's ever told me he's loved me.

Despite everyone's view of Tyler, I knew that my decision, my switch that I chose, was the right one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Don't?
Well either way, I wouldn't know, considering there are NO NEW COMMENTS!
Please! Comment! =]